Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 01, 2014, 07:20:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
335316 Posts in 13729 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Zero Escape 3 might never come to fruition, no funding, aka WORST NEWS EVER!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Zero Escape 3 might never come to fruition, no funding, aka WORST NEWS EVER!  (Read 2624 times)
Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« on: February 13, 2014, 12:03:35 PM »

First of all I want to echo my feelings on the subject:
FUCKKKK FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Onto the actual news now.

Source: https://twitter.com/Uchikoshi_Eng

"First, I appreciate from the bottom of my heart to the users who played 999 or VLR. Thank you very much! I have received the messages of encouragement or cheer from many users so far. I am really glad and happy. I offer my deepest thanks!

Well... I guess you have been curious about ZE3.

In conclusion, unfortunately, I have to say that it is difficult to realize it "at this stage" yet, although we have done all we can. If possible, I'd not like to inform you of the news like this. But I decided to reveal it honestly. A lot of budget is needed to make ZE series. We have to persuade the managers in order to obtain it. The managers know that ZE series is especially valued by many users outside Japan. Some of them think that they want to make a sequel just as we wish. But, "in Japan", 999 and VLR are in the red. They are not selling more than people think.

I'm so sad, but all the companies exist for profit-making purposes. If the profits can't be expected, naturally, the project isn't approved. We were not able to present a convincing reasonable basis to the managers. Of course, I can declare with confidence, "The next title will certainly get into the black!" However, it's not considered that the word have credibility. It does not become the cause of green light.

I am very sorry to all the users who are expecting ZE3. I feel ashamed of my own inadequacies. BUT! please remember. I wrote "at this stage". If the situation changes, ZE3 might be capable of being realized! I still haven't given up. For example, if the title which I make next bring about a good result, the wind might shift to another direction. Or, if someone with executive ability (financer, producer, publisher or millionaire!) propose the investment, everything could go well. If there is an great investor who thinks "Virtue is its own reward", I wish him/her to send me a message. If you know such a wonderful person, please induce him/her to cooperate. By using Facebook, you can send a direct message to me (Although we also examined crowd-funding like Kick Starter, we figured the idea is not quite persuasive enough...) I believe there is still hope. ZE3 will definitely be released somehow, someday! I will continue to seek a way out in cooperation with Allies. So, I would appreciate it if you could wait until then. Thank you!"
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 12:19:51 PM by Holykael1 » Logged

Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2014, 12:09:28 PM »

DAMN I WANTED TO EDIT THE OP NOT POST AGAIN, Sorry-

« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 12:11:14 PM by Holykael1 » Logged

Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2014, 12:11:02 PM »

Aw, this is too bad.  I really enjoyed 999 and would play Zero Escape in a hot second if I had the hardware to play it.  Hopefully they can secure funding somehow, even if it's via crowdfunding. 

Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2014, 12:20:16 PM »

I had no idea ZE was doing so bad in Japan.
What don't they like about it?

Portable ? CHECK
Boobs ? CHECK
Loli ? CHECK
Bishounen ? CHECK
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 12:26:17 PM by Annubis » Logged
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2014, 12:46:33 PM »

First Remember 11, now Zero Escape.

Maybe this writer shouldn't do anything larger than a single game. It hurts my heart to see it canceled.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2014, 01:06:12 PM »

(Although we also examined crowd-funding like Kick Starter, we figured the idea is not quite persuasive enough...)

Somehow I doubt they examined it very thoroughly if that's the conclusion they came to. If anything KS has the opposite problem; too many ideas without structure/merit being funded en masse because of internet impulse spending.

Not to mention there's literally nothing to lose by at least trying. If anything you lose more by not attempting it because then your 'passion' begins to come under suspicion if you're too laid back to make an effort.
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2014, 01:12:12 PM »

Fuuuuu

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2014, 01:25:32 PM »

(Although we also examined crowd-funding like Kick Starter, we figured the idea is not quite persuasive enough...)

Somehow I doubt they examined it very thoroughly if that's the conclusion they came to. If anything KS has the opposite problem; too many ideas without structure/merit being funded en masse because of internet impulse spending.

Not to mention there's literally nothing to lose by at least trying. If anything you lose more by not attempting it because then your 'passion' begins to come under suspicion if you're too laid back to make an effort.

Indeed.. Maybe it's the higher ups that don't believe in the project and have no clue about anything. Those fuckers forced them to remove the heavy atmosphere from VLR so "it would have more appeal".

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2014, 02:15:42 PM »

AKSYS!!!  GIVE THEM MONEY!!!
OR SOMEONE, JUST MAKE A KICKSTARTER...JUST MAKE IT AND SEE BECAUSE I.... I....!!!!!
*runs*
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 02:23:27 PM by Dice » Logged

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2014, 02:53:33 PM »

This thread looks like the comment section in Siliconera. :p
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2014, 02:56:39 PM »

And you're a FF13 fanboy.  I think we all have our "fan thing" and "moment" at some point in our hobby careers. x)

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2014, 03:07:01 PM »

^My heart belongs to Metal Gear, Japanese Survival Horror and Fast-Paced Action games.

FF is nice and all but I'm not really close to be a fanboy.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 10:30:14 PM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2014, 03:11:47 PM »

Zero Escape is the greatest thing to ever happen to me. ZE3 will happen. We need to convince Kotaro Uchikoshi to go with Kickstarter.

Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2014, 03:27:43 PM »

Before Kickstarting the game, the company would have to agree to that plan I guess (I'd wager he's not the sole holder of the IP).

Delightful tale old chap.
Anything more to add about the topic at hand or do you prefer to simply write unrelated asinine one-liners?
TurnBasedDude
Ys Man
Rainbow Club Member

hotshot562@hotmail.com Alcazard0 emmy_sols
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2014, 03:47:22 PM »

Oh crap, oh crap, oh crap, oh crap.

I was under the impression for some reason that it is already being developed and everything is hunky dory, but I am gravely mistaken. I hope there is some kind of miracle of this. The Zero Escape series are some of my favorite graphic adventures alongside Phoenix Wright. Let's see what happens I guess.

Xbox Gamertag: Gig01
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Zapper101
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: