Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2014, 07:34:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334413 Posts in 13701 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  New NIS announcements - Battle Princess Arcadia and Fencer Fairy F for NA
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: New NIS announcements - Battle Princess Arcadia and Fencer Fairy F for NA  (Read 3819 times)
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« on: February 14, 2014, 12:11:38 AM »

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/02/14/action-rpg-battle-princess-of-arcadias-coming-to-ps3

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/02/14/new-jrpg-fairy-fencer-f-coming-to-playstation-3

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2014, 12:22:26 AM »

Didn't they say they'd announce 4 things?
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2014, 12:24:05 AM »

Didn't they say they'd announce 4 things?

Other two were Danganronpa 2 (VN) and Disgaea 4 Vita.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2014, 12:26:13 AM »

I only saw those two. :/

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2014, 12:30:47 AM »

Come on, Danganronpa 2 is the most exciting news here!  Battle Princess of Arcadias looks kind of mediocre (I like the idea of it, but the execution isn't there...) and Fairy Fencer F is...well, I'm sure some people are looking forward to it, but not me...

Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2014, 12:42:45 AM »

Does FFF use the Neptunia 2/Mugen Souls battle system?
I can't stand that one.  This coming from someone who actually enjoyed the Agarest 2/CE, the Neptunia 1/Trinity Universe, and their older SRPG systems.

I might pass on it, too, if so.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2014, 03:17:53 AM »

Does FFF use the Neptunia 2/Mugen Souls battle system?
I can't stand that one.  This coming from someone who actually enjoyed the Agarest 2/CE, the Neptunia 1/Trinity Universe, and their older SRPG systems.

I might pass on it, too, if so.

It was also made under that Galapagos label, which is why I'm surprised its leaving Japan.

Though I'm not surprised that Danganronpa 2 is making it out since its the other half of that bundle pack the first game was from.

The only thing I know about Battle Princess is that there's only one Battle Princess and a bunch of Battle Princes.

And Disgaea 4 is Disgaea 4. 'Nuff said.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2014, 04:00:43 AM »

It was also made under that Galapagos label, which is why I'm surprised its leaving Japan.

Not sure why that's a surprise.  For better or worse Compile Heart certainly does have a fanbase here and the Galapagos label seemed like an attempt to be taken more seriously.  Why wouldn't they try to push that in the west?

Though I'm not surprised that Danganronpa 2 is making it out since its the other half of that bundle pack the first game was from.

The fact that the Vita versions were bundled together in Japan really has no bearing at all on the difficulty of localizing them when the original PSP versions were not localized.  They're still full length games.  And NISA considered the first game to be something of a risk and didn't want to commit to the second if it didn't do well.  I guess it's done well enough after all...

The only thing I know about Battle Princess is that there's only one Battle Princess and a bunch of Battle Princes.

Actually there are quite a few characters of both genders.

The art is cute and all but the combat just looks so stiff to me...

And Disgaea 4 is Disgaea 4. 'Nuff said.

Yup.

Klyde Chroma
Lvl. 7 Fruity Ninja and Dincrest groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2014, 06:09:21 PM »

these announcements excite me!!!

I must say, I've felt "left out in the cold" with everyone being so stoked about the 2014 first quarter new releases... nothing but the new atelier really peaked my interest.

x/x-2 along with XIII-3 comprise my least favorite legs of the FF franchise.

Symphonia is probably the only Tales game I wouldn't care to play (again).

Bravely Default looked like a wet dream to me but my aversion to handhelds effectively nixed that one...

But now NIS comes to Klyde's rescue with more strange and oddly flawed titles I may just love. Really excited for FFF and battle princess. Yipee-Skipee!!!! 2014 may prove a stellar year for a weirdo like myself after all!

I really believe FFF may very well be THE competent CH title that I have always faithfully believed they could make. Then again, I am an idealist when it comes to these things and it could all just be wishful thinking. But the idea of a polished neptunia-esque title that takes itself a bit more seriously has a great deal of potential in my eyes.

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2014, 08:33:44 PM »

I really enjoyed Disgaea 4 (WAY better than 3 or D2) and I wouldn't mind buying it again to play on a handheld and have the console DLC included.  I'll definitely get it digitally... once I get a Vita.  Maybe later this year. 

TiamatNM

tiagol@live.com CursedTiamat
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2014, 10:04:14 PM »

I am pretty hype for Battle Princess but it's a shame it's download only.  Somehow Time and Eternity gets an LE and this doesn't even get a physical :P
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunderthumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2014, 10:23:20 PM »

And along with all of that is Witch and the Hundred Knight slated for release in March. 

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Vencoris

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2014, 11:32:52 PM »

I really enjoyed Disgaea 4 (WAY better than 3 or D2) and I wouldn't mind buying it again to play on a handheld and have the console DLC included.  I'll definitely get it digitally... once I get a Vita.  Maybe later this year. 

Just curious, why do you consider Disgaea 4 much better than Disgaea 3?

I'm only early into 3 (need to get back into and finish it soon) and never played 4.
But I've seen very mixed comments on which people prefer, usually without any explanation.

Considering the proximity of 4, I'm hesitant to get immersed in the post-game of 3 only to be burned out on it when 4 comes out if it's really better.
Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2014, 12:03:11 AM »

Well, D3 really rocked the boat with how you handle learning new skills, passing around skills between characters, equipping new Mabilities, and increasing character stats.  Disgaea 4 makes this a little simpler, with a system similar to the classroom thing but a little more freestyle.  They also make the Magichange system a lot more useful and powerful, having it last longer and adding the Monster Fusion system, making monster classes just as useful as humanoid ones for maybe the first time ever.  There are (I think?) slightly fewer classes in D4 compared to D3, but they're more unique and interesting.  Fewer male/female versions of the same class and more variety and effectiveness. 

The story stuff between D3 and D4 is totally subjective, but I preferred D4's.  It closes each of its character arcs in consecutive chapters, using a narrative device that's delightfully wacky (and very fitting for Disgaea, but I won't spoil it).  I really like the D4 cast - maybe even more than that of D1.  I mean, Lord Val is my avatar.  Sure, the plot gets weird and melodramatic towards the end, and one or two of the character turns didn't really feel earned, but I was on board with almost the entire cast from the beginning.  And I think that the main characters are one of the most important pieces to what makes a quality RPG - Disgaea 4 has a really entertaining cast. 

So yeah, refined mechanics that feel less time-intensive than D3's (but not as hilariously exploitative as DD2's), a few fun new mechanics to play around with, and a really entertaining selection of classes and characters.  Oh, and for the first time you can edit your base's layout in major ways, including turning ANY MAP IN THE GAME into your base.  So many customization options.  It's a blast. 

Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2014, 12:10:38 AM »

Disgaea 4 is really the pinnacle of what can be done with Disgaea, in my opinion.  D2 had a few good ideas but was overall inferior.  Disgaea 4 with the best parts of D2 would make the game just about a perfect incarnation of the series.  There's a reason why NIS has said they're going to try a new direction with Disgaea 5.

I think I preferred 3's story overall, but 4's characters. Except Fuuka, whose popularity I just don't get.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: