Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2014, 01:39:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334509 Posts in 13704 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  New NIS announcements - Battle Princess Arcadia and Fencer Fairy F for NA
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: New NIS announcements - Battle Princess Arcadia and Fencer Fairy F for NA  (Read 3837 times)
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2014, 09:58:18 PM »

Battle Princess of Arcadias has a release date: June 17 in the US and June 18 in Europe.  Digital-only.

TiamatNM

tiagol@live.com CursedTiamat
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2014, 01:24:17 AM »

I'm gonna get it.  They still haven't announced a price but I'm expecting $30 or something.  I read the reception in japan and from importers wasn't very good but I'll give it a shot.  Saw on gamefaqs there are some crashing issues -_-  Like Witch and Hundred Knight *sigh*
Klyde Chroma
Lvl. 7 Fruity Ninja and Dincrest groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2014, 03:15:48 AM »

Battle Princess of Arcadias has a release date: June 17 in the US and June 18 in Europe.  Digital-only.

highly doubt i'll be even close to finished with Drakengard by then but i suuuuure am interested. BPoA was certainly one of more exciting prospects of 2014 for me when first I saw it.

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Vasco84

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2014, 03:49:22 PM »

Battle Princess Arcadia looks good!

Klyde Chroma

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2014, 09:30:06 PM »

Battle Princess Arcadia looks good!

As mentioned, I too was looking forward to BPA. However, after browsing some initial impressions of the import (after reading Tiamat's post) I'm getting scared its gonna be another pretty looking dud of a game. Pretty enough to sucker me in day 1 of course...

Triscal-Goddess / PSN
TiamatNM

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2014, 12:16:03 AM »

they updated the official site

http://nisamerica.com/games/arcadias/index.html

I can't believe how excessively basic the story is.  It basically just says "monsters are attacking so the kingdoms sent out battle princesses to fight."  But hey whateaver :P
insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2014, 12:38:04 AM »

they updated the official site

http://nisamerica.com/games/arcadias/index.html

I can't believe how excessively basic the story is. It basically just says "monsters are attacking so the kingdoms sent out battle princesses to fight." But hey whateaver :P

That's just about the world, it has details via the links to the left of that.

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2014, 01:03:48 AM »

From a quick perusal of GameFUQs, I couldn't really find anything about BPofA beyond warnings about freezes and bugs, and that the game felt like a poor man's Dragon's Crown.

Then again, the game kinda dropped off my radar since its release, and not for lack of searching.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2014, 01:24:22 AM »

I really don't spend much time on GameFAQs so I wouldn't know, but it is normal to have much discussion on a niche Japan-only game?  I mean, it's not like it's been released here yet.  I guess I wouldn't actually expect to find much...

TiamatNM

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2014, 02:02:25 AM »

I really don't spend much time on GameFAQs so I wouldn't know, but it is normal to have much discussion on a niche Japan-only game?  I mean, it's not like it's been released here yet.  I guess I wouldn't actually expect to find much...

worth noting that Battle Princess has 2 pages on the gamefaqs board and Fairy Fencer F has 14 pages :P
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2014, 05:59:22 AM »

Generally, if a game has enough of a niche (re: SRW games), there will be people who will import the game from Japan rather than wait for a western release (provided there is one). They may also choose to import to get a hold on the feelies that Japanese releases tend to get (whereas western releases will be lucky to manage a stripped down collector's edition at best), since generally such games tend to get anywhere from a piddly Music CD to a Digital Only release. Either way, those who import it will probably talk about it and GameFUQs is as good of a soapbox as any.

While not a clear indicator of a game's quality, I do find it to be a useful barometric when considering whether a game is relevant to my interests or not, and its generally a bit more reliable than following individual blogs or places like Siliconera or Gematsu.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2014, 03:43:36 PM »

So bump, anyone actually looking forward to Fairy Fencer F? The world concept sounds interesting.....but Compile Hearts so I'm leaning towards not getting it. Any reason I should give it a second look?
Klyde Chroma

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2014, 04:06:15 PM »

So bump, anyone actually looking forward to Fairy Fencer F? The world concept sounds interesting.....but Compile Hearts so I'm leaning towards not getting it. Any reason I should give it a second look?

I'm interested. Looks like Hyperdimension Nep with a few extra layers of "interesting" and "narrative" tacked on which is fine by me. There is enough coming in the fall where I imagine I'll most certainly be playing something else (Xillia 2) when FFF is released, providing ample time to see how well it is received before taking the plunge.

From a quick perusal of GameFUQs, I couldn't really find anything about BPofA beyond warnings about freezes and bugs, and that the game felt like a poor man's Dragon's Crown.

Then again, the game kinda dropped off my radar since its release, and not for lack of searching.

I picked this up this past week. I feel like calling it a poor mans odin sphere is more accurate. Which is SAD considering OS is an PS2 title. On the positive however, it does look pretty and OS was  awesome so anything that reminds me of it in any sense has to have some redeeming quality. The big departure (and what it does wrong) comes by way of the mechanics for me. Hacking and slashing just does not feel fluid and satisfying. It simply doesn't feel good to hit things in this title.

It is worth noting as well, I have not had any freezes or bugs for what thats worth.

Triscal-Goddess / PSN
Klyde Chroma

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2014, 08:12:41 PM »

I'm double posting because my last post was well over a week ago and thus an "edit" seems improper.

I gave some more time to Battle Princess and I feel a bit warmer toward the title. In a mindless "90's fantasy anime" sort of way, the tone is very satisfying if your in the mood for that.

As for the mechanics, they are growing on me too. You really can't approach this game like you would a typical side-scrolling rpg-lite hack and slash. Once I figured that out, things began to feel MUCH better.

Is anyone else playing/enjoying (or even hating) this by chance or am I the lone princess here?

Triscal-Goddess / PSN
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunderthumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2014, 08:30:37 PM »

I have a review of Battle Princess of Arcadias forthcoming. 

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: