Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2014, 11:50:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334504 Posts in 13704 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  The Helper Monkey
| | |-+  Thinking about selling PS2 and games for new G card or DS
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Thinking about selling PS2 and games for new G card or DS  (Read 974 times)
Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« on: November 11, 2006, 07:39:46 AM »

Well im going over this in my mind right now...selling my PS2, and my two games, Tales of the Abyss and Suikoden V.  With the money from that, and a little extra, id pick up a Nvidia GeForce 7800 GS to upgrade my comp, and just stick to gaming on my computer.

Granted, for RPG's, the PC is not exactly a strong player, but I really cant afford alot of games anyways, and once I start school, and work, I wont have alot of time anywho, so if I just stuck to PC, then id have time to play/finish games, and also add in a MMO such as WoW or EQ2 or if any of the ones coming out in the near future are any good.

I just wanna hear what you guys think about this.  Think I should keep my PS2, even though I really dont play it much, save for the occasional rental and the few games I do buy for it, or sell it so I can upgrade my PC, so it will survive a bit longer ><

The other idea is to pick up a DS lite, since the games for that are a bit cheaper, and I can use the back catalog of GBA titles, such as Fire Emblem and FFT.  

Im just...wondering if I should or shouldnt, cause I dont wanna regret it, ya know?  Damn decisions.

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
Masamune

XzMaSaMuNezX
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2006, 12:53:26 PM »

If you don't play it all that much, then trade it in.  Though with Windows Vista and DX10 coming out, your computer might need more upgrading down the line.  Just depends on what games you want to play, honestly.

As for the DS, well.  Although it's not legal, in your situation you might consider getting an emulator and playing ROMs.  Just a matter of how tight you are on money, I suppose.

Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2006, 01:55:29 PM »

Yeah ive decided to sell it and the games so I can get a new card that will last me at least another year or so, and by then ill have a job and enough to buy a whole new rig.

Thanks for the input though Masamune.

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: