Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 28, 2014, 10:59:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338778 Posts in 13866 Topics by 2217 Members
Latest Member: milz
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  [Kickstarter] Zaharia- an isometric Middle Eastern style fantasy cRPG
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: [Kickstarter] Zaharia- an isometric Middle Eastern style fantasy cRPG  (Read 1226 times)
daved

View Profile

Ignore
« on: February 20, 2014, 02:10:36 PM »

A Kickstarter campaign launched for Zaharia recently.  They have a pre-alpha demo / prototype that you can DL.  I think this game looks really promising and I'm always looking for cRPGs that are not in the standard generic Tolkien style fantasy setting.  And it has turn-based tactical battles, which is my favorite.   

Some of the proposed features :
• Real time stealth system, similar to the one of Commandos series.
• Nonlinearity in the narrative and interpretative aspects, allowing the player not only to choose which quest to start from, without urgent obligations, but also to make a lot of choices and then solve a problem in more than one way;
• A Fallout-like open world;
• Lots of choices and consequences that dynamically influence the context of the game;
• A huge variety of abilities and statistics to manage, in order to craft and personalize one’s own alter-ego in every possible aspect;
• An original setting created from scratch, completely different from the usual fantasy worlds and inspired to the late Medieval Persia and Arabia;
• Living NPCs, provided with an IA that allows them to react dynamically to the player’s actions and to create really deep interpersonal relationships;
• No filler content, like useless fights, made to extend the game’s longevity in artificial ways;
• Presence of mature themes like slavery, sexuality, racism, theology, philosophy, morality, politics, and so on;
• Five main factions to choose, each one deeply characterized and different from the others;
• Innovative magic system that turns mages into something different from just portable siege machines;
• Fights are not mandatory in most cases, and it won’t be necessary to use a character who excels at combat to end the game;
• Tons of multiple choice dialogues, in order to grant the player a large range of interpretations;
• No moral dualism.

I'm pretty excited about this game and backed it, but I'm a bit worried they won't reach their funding goal.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 11:15:37 AM by daved » Logged
FallenGrace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2014, 09:54:42 AM »

The link seems broken for me. I'm gussing this is PC only though anyway?

Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2014, 10:09:48 AM »

Link to the kickstarter

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/199630513/zaharia

daved

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2014, 11:18:21 AM »

The link seems broken for me. I'm gussing this is PC only though anyway?

PC / Mac / Linux are the planned platforms. 
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2014, 12:25:37 PM »

what is a cRPG? first time ive seen that abbrev.

Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.
DPB

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2014, 01:01:13 PM »

Computer RPG.
daved

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2014, 12:24:15 PM »

The game is now at 10% funding.  They're going to need a big boost, like a recommendation in the KS update of a really big project to make it this time around.  Still, no harm in backing them to show them there's interest.  Maybe they'll try again. 

A few updates on KS:

#1: What will change in the final game compared to the prototype?

#2: The Stealth System

#3 Skill System and Consciousness of a Thousand Worlds

#4 World of Zaharia
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: