Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2014, 11:29:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334638 Posts in 13706 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  FFXII One Chance Question... HELP!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: FFXII One Chance Question... HELP!  (Read 1617 times)
pchimmy

View Profile

Ignore
« on: November 11, 2006, 01:11:27 PM »

Hi everyone,

Are there any items, marks, treasure, events, quests etc. that can only be done during a certain time during the game?  That is, is there anything that can be missed if you don't do it during a certain point in the game?

Please, no spoilers on gameplay or storylines!

Thanks so much!

pchimmy

PS - This game is HARD!!! and i'm loving it!
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2006, 01:29:22 PM »

There's something of the reverse - you need to deliberately skip some chests (most of them within the first few hours) in order to get the best, or at least one of the best weapons easily. Check the GameFaqs cheat page to find out what you need to skip.
Cauton

cauton42@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2006, 02:03:00 PM »

What the hell? Where's the logic behind that? There's nothing in the game itself that indicates that skipping chests would be a good idea?

*sighs*

I hate it when developers do things like that. Sure, hidden secrets is nice and all, but not when it's depending on totally random behavior like not opening any chests for the first part of the game.
salinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2006, 04:57:36 PM »

i notice that whatever i use spell or heal the mp of vhan restore himself after a few steps it part of the gameplay bug or what ? i use a modchip for my import copy only ask to make sure everything is okay
pchimmy

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2006, 05:04:56 PM »

Because I'm a completist, I restarted the game.  VERY annoying.

Besides this these chests, is there anything ELSE that can be missed?
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2006, 05:11:04 PM »

Quote from: "salinger"
i notice that whatever i use spell or heal the mp of vhan restore himself after a few steps it part of the gameplay bug or what ? i use a modchip for my import copy only ask to make sure everything is okay

Deliberate design feature. That, or they royally fucked up and totally ignored it from the demo, but I somehow doubt that.

Edit: As for the chests I'm not really sure.
Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2006, 05:25:47 PM »

I got the spear the other night..and didn't bother equiping it because I feel too overpowered anyway and unlike the best gun(Which being the hypocrit I am, I DO use) it didn't really feel like I earned it.

Fighting through the dungeon I CLEARLY wasn't supposed to be at yet was a blast though.
blackthirteen

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2006, 09:39:38 PM »

Quote from: "Cauton"
What the hell? Where's the logic behind that? There's nothing in the game itself that indicates that skipping chests would be a good idea?

*sighs*

I hate it when developers do things like that. Sure, hidden secrets is nice and all, but not when it's depending on totally random behavior like not opening any chests for the first part of the game.

I hate that too. I think FF12 was a very spectacular game, but some concepts in the game were poorly designed and extremely time-consuming.

Quote from: "pchimmy"
Because I'm a completist, I restarted the game.  VERY annoying.

Besides this these chests, is there anything ELSE that can be missed?

Iím a Ďcompletistí too. I was sorry when Iíve heard about those chests, it wasnít explained anywhere. I didnít want to restart from zero because I was already too far in the game, and I think that even though FF12 was innovative with the battle system, the game is too much repetitive to play it again.

Besides, am I the only one to think that the abilities in the license board are just quite boring? I hoped to unlock more enjoyable abilities.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: