Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2014, 02:52:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334646 Posts in 13706 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Your Most Favourite Movie Moments
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Your Most Favourite Movie Moments  (Read 1903 times)
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2014, 08:51:28 PM »

Brody's line about "we're gonna need a bigger boat" that scene captured the entire feel of the movie for me

Everything's Eventual
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2014, 10:11:52 PM »

Napoleon bowling in Bill & Ted.  And the water park...and mall montage. Basically the whole movie.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2014, 08:53:02 AM »

My favorite part of that movie was when Socrates called Sigmund Freud a geek.  That was a profound moment. 

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2014, 09:04:57 PM »

Best part of Bill & Ted is the mall scene with all of the historical figures going nuts while Beethoven is piano-ing along to Extreme's "Do You Want to Play?"  I mean, come on. 

Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2014, 12:37:05 AM »

^Indeed. A buddy of mine usually plays it after we've drank a shit ton of beer. Its basically a tradition.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2014, 02:02:36 AM »

And don't call me Shirley.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2014, 12:17:30 AM »

But that whole scene in the cave, the idea of "let the quest end here" and "happy endings can't come in the middle of the story" and the idea of "there are no happy endings because nothing ever ends" continues to stick with me to this day.  Even the ending itself, yeah it seemed like a happy ending on the surface, but my little-kid brain started to think more and more about it.  Was it really a happy ending?  I think that was the moment I started to think deeper about endings in stories, especially the "happily ever after" cop out, because this was a fairy tale that didn't end that way. 

I remember you saying this about the Last Unicorn some time ago. I recently watched it for the first time in years and I agree with you that it is pretty profound.

The most profound to me as a child was definitely the death of Little Foot's mother in The Land Before Time. Though I didn't understand what was going on at the time, I'm astounded to this day on how much I find I empathize with Little Foot's pain, and his struggle to continue despite his tremendous loss. Such a beautiful movie.

As an adult, I think I was probably most affected by Life Is Beautiful, and all the effort the father (whose name I forget) puts into keeping his son happy and positive despite the horrible things that are happening around them.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2014, 02:32:36 AM »

And don't call me Shirley.

I think there's still another 9 that can qualify for "awesome movie moments" from just that one you're referencing. x)

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2014, 12:50:07 PM »

BASEketball, when Cooper cuts his middle finger off in front of the one guy for a psychout. The look in his face always makes me laugh...

TASTY!
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2014, 09:21:18 PM »

Akira: The moment from when Kaneda plays the CD in the beginning to when they get caught by the police. AWESOME intro. In fact I'm going to watch it now!

Braveheart: When he dies and his two friends are watching in the crowd. Damn I cry like my childhood dog died all over again when I see that.

Alient: When Ripley goes to rescue Newt. The breathing of the Queen is one of the best movie sound effects.

Star Wars: Trench run. Sends shivers down me spine every time. Best score in any movie.

Caddyshack: When Rodney tells the Asian guy "Alright Want this place is restricted, don't tell them you're Jewish!"
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2014, 07:27:30 AM »

Hellraiser - when Pinhead meets Kirsty for the first time

Evil Dead 2 - When Ash is going crazy and laughing with all the inanimate objects/when they jump on Henrietta trying to get out of the cellar, and the eye flies into Bobbi Jo's mouth. (I've watched that movie a bajillion times)

Phantasm - When the Tall Man grabs Mike at the end. Angus Scrimm is an awesome villain.

Raiders - When Indy is in the chamber with the staff to find the location of the city. It's well shot, the music is perfect and it's just a cool scene.

A Shot in the Dark - The repeated cuts of Clouseau doing something stupid and being rushed to the hospital by ambulance. It cracks me up every time. It's something the Simpsons ripped off, but they did it well.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: