Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 24, 2016, 08:27:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Check out the latest RPG news!
244226 Posts in 7309 Topics by 2386 Members
Latest Member: Richard111
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  RPGFan Community Photo Thread: 5th Anniversary Edition
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] Print
Author Topic: RPGFan Community Photo Thread: 5th Anniversary Edition  (Read 100236 times)
Maxximum
RPGFan Editor

Fills you with determiantion

View Profile Email
« Reply #600 on: July 05, 2016, 07:46:51 AM »

Meeting online people in real life is a very odd thing. Heck, even seeing someones picture or hearing their voice is strange enough if you had no prior knowledge of how a person you've been interacting with looks/sounds, as it's often much different then you would expect.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 07:48:31 AM by Maxximum » Logged

NOW PLAYING:
I can't tell you
Arvis
Prudish Gerontophobe

Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #601 on: July 05, 2016, 11:09:30 AM »

Meeting online people in real life is a very odd thing. Heck, even seeing someones picture or hearing their voice is strange enough if you had no prior knowledge of how a person you've been interacting with looks/sounds, as it's often much different then you would expect.

A couple years back I was a guest on the Final Fantasy Union podcast for their Trivia segment.  I got a few online buddies from Final Fantasy Radio to listen and they were like "You sound so... normal."  Like they were disappointed.  Weird.

Current RPG - Stardew Valley.
Dincrest
Analogy spouting
RPGFan Editor

Lanterne Rouge

View Profile WWW
« Reply #602 on: July 12, 2016, 07:51:04 PM »

I posted a bunch in this thread lately, but didn't post a recent photo.  This one was taken back in April:

https://teamevesham.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/2016-04-24-08.54.33_25pc_crop.png

Not as skinny as I used to be back in 2010-2011 (I'm currently in the 185lb ballpark), but I'm working to get back to my "climbing weight" range of 155-165 lbs. 

I have a funny feeling my appearance in real life is close to how people on the forums imagine me. 

Games I've given Editor's Choice to:
Ever 17, Hourglass of Summer, Anachronox, Persona PSP, Radiant Historia, To The Moon, Revolution 60
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #603 on: July 13, 2016, 10:29:46 AM »

A couple years back I was a guest on the Final Fantasy Union podcast for their Trivia segment.  I got a few online buddies from Final Fantasy Radio to listen and they were like "You sound so... normal."  Like they were disappointed.  Weird.

I had something like that once. "You look much cuter than I thought you would!" "I never thought I'd say this, but... cute picture!"

I'm not sure what people were expecting...

And this other time, people thought I was a dude, and after posting my picture someone still thought I was a dude. Do dudes have cute white bangs framing their androgynous face? Okay, no wait, don't answer that.

Anyway, I have an important question: Do I look like a minor? I've been asked for ID way too many times the past few years.

Personally, I think I look a bit younger than I actually am, but I definitely look over 20, and not in a 'a mature looking 17-year-old' kind of way.

Arvis
Prudish Gerontophobe

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #604 on: July 13, 2016, 10:32:54 AM »

You look crazy young, yeah.

Klutz64
I Like Wacky Hats

Tactically Engaged in Espionage Action

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #605 on: July 13, 2016, 10:47:12 AM »

That picture makes you look ~22, but some of the other pictures you've posted before from different angles make you look like you're still in high school.

My Blog - It's about gaming stuff. You can read it if you want. No pressure. I mean, there's a link there you just have to click on, but... y'know... whatever.
Current Post: Grand Re-re-r-e-re-opening!
glassjawsh

Salvum est Vita!

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #606 on: July 13, 2016, 05:53:51 PM »

^ this.

Though glasses tend to make people look older

Dice
I'm fart and I'm smunny
AMG A GIRL

^ Idiot

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #607 on: July 14, 2016, 09:08:21 PM »

I had something like that once. "You look much cuter than I thought you would!" "I never thought I'd say this, but... cute picture!"

I'm not sure what people were expecting...

And this other time, people thought I was a dude, and after posting my picture someone still thought I was a dude. Do dudes have cute white bangs framing their androgynous face? Okay, no wait, don't answer that.

Anyway, I have an important question: Do I look like a minor? I've been asked for ID way too many times the past few years.

Personally, I think I look a bit younger than I actually am, but I definitely look over 20, and not in a 'a mature looking 17-year-old' kind of way.

You're adorable! 

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #608 on: July 15, 2016, 02:39:38 AM »

Thanks :) I'm not entirely sure I'll ever be able to believe am I actually cute (despite me jokingly labeling myself as such on more than one occassion), but that doesn't make it less nice to hear.

In any case: it's really that bad, huh? I used to be totally okay with it, but it's starting to make things a little weird. In groups I'm often treated as one of the youngest, even when I'm nowhere near it. I fear I'll get too comfortable in that role.
Dincrest
Analogy spouting
RPGFan Editor

Lanterne Rouge

View Profile WWW
« Reply #609 on: July 15, 2016, 06:28:52 AM »

On the one hand, looking younger than you really are is great because most people have a negative view of aging.  On the other hand, a youthful appearance denies you veneration.  I like the fact that though I'm in my late 30s, people think I'm in my mid to late 20s.  And this past school year was the first since I started working at this school that I was never once mistaken for a student, and I was happy about that because I felt like I finally earned some veneration and can be taken a little more seriously.  My first 3 years working there, I was mistaken for a student at least once.

Games I've given Editor's Choice to:
Ever 17, Hourglass of Summer, Anachronox, Persona PSP, Radiant Historia, To The Moon, Revolution 60
Agent D.

Agent Bewear.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #610 on: July 15, 2016, 06:49:40 AM »

I like having a beard. It's the easiest way to look older. When I shave I look like I did in high school again...hell I've pretty much looked exactly the same since the 10th grade except I have a full beard now. It's nice to be able to jump back in time like that...

Oh and Tomara, you're very cute, even if you do look like you should be in high school still.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 06:52:25 AM by Agent D. » Logged

TASTY!
Arvis
Prudish Gerontophobe

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #611 on: July 15, 2016, 09:39:39 AM »

Although I'm sure this comes as no surprise, I enjoy your fashionable glasses, Tomara.

glassjawsh

Salvum est Vita!

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #612 on: July 15, 2016, 01:00:49 PM »

I like having a beard. It's the easiest way to look older. When I shave I look like I did in high school again...hell I've pretty much looked exactly the same since the 10th grade except I have a full beard now. It's nice to be able to jump back in time like that...

Oh and Tomara, you're very cute, even if you do look like you should be in high school still.

I think he's suggesting Tomara grow a beard

Agent D.

Agent Bewear.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #613 on: July 15, 2016, 01:27:34 PM »

I think he's suggesting Tomara grow a beard
It would give you a rugged, manly edge, for sure.

TASTY!
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #614 on: July 15, 2016, 01:42:17 PM »

Well, the family does have good beard-growing genes, but my dad gets mistaken for Santa/a terrorist year round, so I'm not sure the pros outweigh the cons. Worse, I might be tempted to wear my hair in a bun and be mistaken for a spiritually enlightened glunte-intolerant vegan.[/quote]
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: