Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 26, 2016, 12:10:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Check out the latest RPG news!
244362 Posts in 7313 Topics by 2386 Members
Latest Member: Richard111
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  What's the haps?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 1152 1153 [1154] Print
Author Topic: What's the haps?  (Read 1342624 times)
Agent D.

Agent Bewear.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17295 on: July 25, 2016, 10:04:48 PM »

Some new haps...

Been trying to improve my strength through more radical means, so I've been doing slightly less weight (haha, less) for 100 rep total on my first major exercise, aside from squats cuz bad ankle. Today was chest, so I went for 315 for 100 reps. Took me a grand total of 1 hour and 28 minutes. This is the second week of it...I took 2 hours last time. So yeah, improvements!

The worst week of my year is approaching again in a mere 2 weeks...a children's play I do a few miles from where I live in the bronx. It's not the actual play that is bad (it's usually pretty terrible), but it's the fighting between my father and I, the terrible heat, and the direct sunlight all day for 4-6 hours a day. It sucks, I hate it, and every year I put a new hole in my door from it. Goody for me :(

So I developed a new crush on this girl who works at a dunkin donuts location not far from where I live. She's stupidly pretty and I get all flustery when I walk in and see her, which is oddly pretty often cuz work and my old man loves his coffee. I've tried to say simple things to her like good morning or hi how are you, but they come out sounding like a grunt from lion. I then grumble something along the lines of thank you when I pick up my order (online order ftw!) and smile awkwardly as I leave. I saw her tonight as I was picking up some dinner and I tried to say hi but again,just came out like a weird gutteral noise...I'm an embarassment to men worldwide...

Ahh...life blows.

TASTY!
Artimicia

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17296 on: Today at 01:24:35 AM »

Some new haps...

Been trying to improve my strength through more radical means, so I've been doing slightly less weight (haha, less) for 100 rep total on my first major exercise, aside from squats cuz bad ankle. Today was chest, so I went for 315 for 100 reps. Took me a grand total of 1 hour and 28 minutes. This is the second week of it...I took 2 hours last time. So yeah, improvements!

The worst week of my year is approaching again in a mere 2 weeks...a children's play I do a few miles from where I live in the bronx. It's not the actual play that is bad (it's usually pretty terrible), but it's the fighting between my father and I, the terrible heat, and the direct sunlight all day for 4-6 hours a day. It sucks, I hate it, and every year I put a new hole in my door from it. Goody for me :(

So I developed a new crush on this girl who works at a dunkin donuts location not far from where I live. She's stupidly pretty and I get all flustery when I walk in and see her, which is oddly pretty often cuz work and my old man loves his coffee. I've tried to say simple things to her like good morning or hi how are you, but they come out sounding like a grunt from lion. I then grumble something along the lines of thank you when I pick up my order (online order ftw!) and smile awkwardly as I leave. I saw her tonight as I was picking up some dinner and I tried to say hi but again,just came out like a weird gutteral noise...I'm an embarassment to men worldwide...

Ahh...life blows.

Ahh the corner store crush!

Honestly though relationships are all awkward a lot of the time and people don't just accept that fact, it's not about whether it went according to some movie script, but more how you deal with it. I'd daresay that was good first start! Even better if you can reference it in some kind of knowing clever way the next time.

Andrew
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #17297 on: Today at 01:45:41 AM »

Not really relevant to the above, but Agent I like your new avatar. Also glad to see your face survived the image transition. ;)

In my haps... I will be married in less than 7 weeks. So awesome, but also kind of weird to think about. My fiance and I do not currently live together, so we've been moving stuff in/out of our new apartment which is tiring, but pretty fun. Both of us are looking forward to being married much more than the wedding day itself - too much stress! Haha. We'll be on our honeymoon afterwards, but it's so easy to forget about - it feels too far away and the wedding takes up all my mental space.

Agent D.

Agent Bewear.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17298 on: Today at 06:35:38 AM »

Not really relevant to the above, but Agent I like your new avatar. Also glad to see your face survived the image transition. ;)

In my haps... I will be married in less than 7 weeks. So awesome, but also kind of weird to think about. My fiance and I do not currently live together, so we've been moving stuff in/out of our new apartment which is tiring, but pretty fun. Both of us are looking forward to being married much more than the wedding day itself - too much stress! Haha. We'll be on our honeymoon afterwards, but it's so easy to forget about - it feels too far away and the wedding takes up all my mental space.
Thank you, Bewear is my new favorite pokemon, and good luck with the 7 weeks of torturous stress before the day. Also, congratulations in advance

TASTY!
Arvis
Prudish Gerontophobe

Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17299 on: Today at 09:24:27 AM »

Congrats!

And it's always good to plan your wedding together, since it's a good test of a relationship.

Current RPG - Stardew Valley.
glassjawsh

Salvum est Vita!

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #17300 on: Today at 09:45:37 AM »

Andrew - Congrats and good luck man. As you might already know, living together is going to take a lot of getting used to. Lots of little things you didn't realize about someone will start to pop up. 

e.g. I get too hot when I sleep next to my fiance, it was miserable. So for the first year we lived together we had separate beds that we just pushed together sometimes to create a 'super bed'.  And she has this thing where if everything isn't exactly in the right spot all the time, she can't function as a regular human being.  Arguments about putting tupperware one kitchen drawer too high or too low are more commonplace than maybe they ought to be. Also she farts, a lot. A LOT.
« Last Edit: Today at 09:49:39 AM by glassjawsh » Logged

natros

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #17301 on: Today at 11:14:00 AM »

In my haps... I will be married in less than 7 weeks. So awesome, but also kind of weird to think about. My fiance and I do not currently live together-

Have you lived together before...? If not, I wish you the best of luck, cuz you'd truly be a gamblin' man.
Starmongoose
Forum Moderator
Contributing Editor

Smiley Abuser

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17302 on: Today at 11:20:12 AM »

In my haps... I will be married in less than 7 weeks. So awesome, but also kind of weird to think about. My fiance and I do not currently live together-

Have you lived together before...? If not, I wish you the best of luck, cuz you'd truly be a gamblin' man.

Yeah, learning to live with your partner is always a rough part of the relationship.

Yoda
Fear is the Mind Killer

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17303 on: Today at 11:23:00 AM »

The Hapsburgs would be proud of these haps.

Pages: 1 ... 1152 1153 [1154] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: