Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 07, 2016, 01:08:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Check out the latest RPG news!
376919 Posts in 15088 Topics by 2331 Members
Latest Member: hitmonkey
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  RPGFan Podcast (Random Encounter) Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] Print
Author Topic: RPGFan Podcast (Random Encounter) Thread  (Read 168834 times)
missRPGirl

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1185 on: February 05, 2016, 08:12:19 AM »

Listening to your most recent podcast sounds like most of you are playing or bought Trails in the Sky: Cold Steel on the Vita. I haven't played it yet, I still need to finish Second Chapter but has anyone bought a Vita tv? It sounds like you guys like the Vita. You might like the Vita tv even more if you like playing with a controller.

Also if you did buy Cold Steel on Vita vs. PS3, anyone know if theres a difference between the two? I know I've heard of previous podcast some games are more glitchy on a different system. I think I heard a while back (Not sure if it was Retro or Random Encounter) that FF 10 had a lot of bugs on the PS4. Anyone know if one is more buggier than the other?

Lian_Kazairl
Taskmistress
RPGFan Editor

Podcast Momma

View Profile Email
« Reply #1186 on: February 05, 2016, 10:21:36 AM »

The latest: Polygon reports they're keeping the petting scenes and the animations, but removing the touch interactivity. So it's basically there, in tact, on autoplay.

So...I guess just mime touching the screen with the stylus if ya want! Honestly, I don't know what to say about this, other than "whatever"

This is good compromise. It looks like all you see is the animation and dialogue that plays after the touching session. By comparison, here is one of Sakura's scenes in the Japanese version. So we'll only be seeing the last part, where she says she'd like to spend more time together. Which is honestly the best outcome as far as I'm concerned. There's a fair amount of dialogue in those little post-petting session scenes and most of it is quite sweet and romantic, so it's good that we're not losing that. Also, you still get the relationship bonus, so people worried about losing a way to grind supports should be happy. But no "find the magic place that turns your little sister on" crap.

Also if you did buy Cold Steel on Vita vs. PS3, anyone know if theres a difference between the two? I know I've heard of previous podcast some games are more glitchy on a different system. I think I heard a while back (Not sure if it was Retro or Random Encounter) that FF 10 had a lot of bugs on the PS4. Anyone know if one is more buggier than the other?

From what I've heard, the differences are very minimal. PS3 obviously runs at a higher resolution and the frame rate slowdown and load times aren't quite as bad (though there are definitely still frame rate issues on PS3). The only other major difference is that character shadows in the Vita version are simple circles while the PS3 version has detailed shadows. I've seen people say that the text and UI is hard to read on Vita, but I haven't found that to be the case personally. I haven't heard about one version being buggier than the other (or either being buggy to begin with), so if you're interested, I'd say get it for whatever system you'd rather play it on.

I picked it up on Vita partly because I was out of town when it came out, but also partly because I love having a console RPG experience that I can play anywhere. That was part of the magic with P4G and Cold Steel is the same; it's kind of crazy to think we can have these full fledged, meaty RPGs with us wherever we go. One of the reasons I love my Vita very much.

I'm the Dark Souls of Xeno-everything and FFXII. YES, I CAN BE BOTH.
Towns Car Marty
RPGFan Editor

Frog Enthusiast, Ridiculous

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1187 on: February 05, 2016, 10:39:20 AM »

I'm running on PS3 because my Vita is keyed to my UK account and the game only dropped here last week, and I just couldn't wait to get my hands on it so I bought digitally on my US account in December. I plan to buy the limited Vita edition because that box is hot, but the PS3 version runs smooth.

I hear the Vita release has slightly longer load times, but not nearly as bad as Valkyrie Profile PSP or anything.

missRPGirl

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1188 on: February 05, 2016, 11:56:08 AM »

I'm running on PS3 because my Vita is keyed to my UK account and the game only dropped here last week, and I just couldn't wait to get my hands on it so I bought digitally on my US account in December. I plan to buy the limited Vita edition because that box is hot, but the PS3 version runs smooth.

I hear the Vita release has slightly longer load times, but not nearly as bad as Valkyrie Profile PSP or anything.

Yeah I got the limited edition. That box is hot. The pin it comes with not so much but it was nice they added that in there. I wish it came with a soundtrack though. So far I've enjoyed all of the Legend of Heroes/Trails of music (possible Rhythm Encounter show?).

Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: