Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2014, 12:15:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334760 Posts in 13709 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  the ULTIMATE PSP EXPERIENCE!!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: the ULTIMATE PSP EXPERIENCE!!  (Read 525 times)
Klyde Chroma
Lvl. 7 Fruity Ninja and Dincrest groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« on: February 24, 2014, 05:54:07 PM »

I've mentioned, more then once, that I LOVE the PSP for its ability to be played via "the big screen". However, I feel I have now maximized the potential of the PSP's AV-out capability and wanted to share it with you fine folk for whomever else shares my passion to play some of these classic RPG's in full screen HD glory.

First off, I chose the PSP GO model for one primary reason and that is PS3 Dualshock syncing. That is, you can play using the dualshock 3 controller instead of having to ever tough the PSP with a mess of wires.

Pictured is how I have it set up. You'll notice I use a cradle to hold and charge the PSPGO whilst gaming. This is important because it allows me to charge the system constantly while playing, thus battery life is a non issue. 

FYI the cradle is only 3 dollars used at gamestop right now if you can find one.

Next.....

That handy device is a GODSEND. It upscales the tiny sketchy psp screen that is normally displayed on the TV to smooth 720p WITHOUT slowdown, audio hiccups or ANY percievable degradation in gameplay/experience. I was real skeptical about this piece of equipment until I used it

Finally the result.

See (a bad picture) of FFIV The After Years being played in HD, filling my WHOLE SCREEN WITHOUT A ZOOM FUNCTION!!

What you are essentially getting here is a set-up that turns your PSP into a fully functional home console. I know this may not excite some, but for me this set-up is pretty freakin' glorious.

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
solidbatman
Zetsubou Sensei

The real me exists on the internet!

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2014, 06:03:05 PM »

Suddenly, I have an urge to buy a PSP Go. This is pretty neat. I new you could hook the PSP up to a TV but was told it looked horrible. Btw, that second image is borked.

Ikusagami

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2014, 06:31:26 PM »

I read about this method shortly after getting my PSP3000 a year ago, and kicked myself. The HD upscaler that cost me $80 makes the picture all pretty and fullscreen, but I still have to play with the PSP, which is infinitely more awkward (and breakable) than a controller.

I'm even more upset about the lack of a western release for the Vita TV.
Klyde Chroma

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2014, 06:49:29 PM »

I'm even more upset about the lack of a western release for the Vita TV.

Breaks my heart as well... I tend to think however, given the technology exists, we will see something in the vein of a "Vita TV" in the west eventually. God knows when, but I tend to think something like that is inevitable albeit far-off.

Triscal-Goddess / PSN
Arklight

Know the meaning of Odio.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2014, 01:57:52 PM »

Can the Dualshock 3 sync allow the right stick to be used as a replacement for the PSP's D-Pad? If so, I REALLY might consider this.
Klyde Chroma

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2014, 05:31:24 PM »

Can the Dualshock 3 sync allow the right stick to be used as a replacement for the PSP's D-Pad? If so, I REALLY might consider this.

I've never played any game that replaces the D-Pad with the right stick. The left stick seems to work in place of the D Pad on everything I play. For some odd reason though it doesn't work on the main PSP menu, only the games, when I use my gold dualshock (pictured). Yet when I sync my other Dualshock (black) the analog function seems to work both in game AND on the main menu.... I have no freakin' clue as to why this is.

Triscal-Goddess / PSN
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: