Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 27, 2014, 11:33:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338675 Posts in 13864 Topics by 2217 Members
Latest Member: milz
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Game Journals
| | |-+  Let's write an RPG story- A Journal penned by all!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Let's write an RPG story- A Journal penned by all!  (Read 426 times)
kkhohoho

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2014, 11:23:43 PM »

...evidently, according to the image, Alexendra. The beacon shifted and changed, revealing a small tribal village in what seemed to be some sort of wetland.

Leona: No mistaking it. Alex, your sister's in the boonies.

Alex: C'mon, no way!

Leona: Would I lie to you?

Alex: Possibly. Far as I'm concerned, you still might be darkness incarnate. But, if my sisters there--

Leona: And she is...

Alex: If she's not, you're gonna' experience what singed fur smells like. But if she's here, I gotta' go after her, and if this... thingamabob is telling me where to go--

Crestee: Now just wait a cotton-pickin' minute! What about my mom?!

Leona: Please, child. We'll get to your mother in time, but the last thing you want to do is be such an insufferable little spit-fire that we wouldn't even consider bringing you along. And believe me, the thought has just recently occurred to me. I suggest you grow up a bit, and quickly.

Crestee seemed about to launch into a mighty tirade, but Roko promptly pulled out her BSDM whip once more, and placed it in front of Crestee's lips.

Roko: Time and a place, darling.

Crestee, not knowing just what to make of this, backed down.

Crestee: Whatever. Sorry. Your sis's important too y'know, Alex. Just-- Unc's died, ya'know? Ma's 'bout all I got left.

Alex: Yeah, I understand. If Alexendra was--

Roko then lashed out with the whip, cracking it so fast and hard, one would think she was actually enjoying this.

Roko: Once again; less yammering, more moving! Yeesh. Not even sure why I'm comin' along. You're all going get us all killed.

Leona: Perhaps. Still, that's a risk we all must take. And no-one asked you to come along.

Roko: Well, since you asked so nicely, I guess I'll tag along a bit longer! You're so cute!

Leona: *Sighs* Truly remarkable. Come along.

And with that, it was time for everyone to hoof it, moving through the city streets, and doing their best to make it to the city's outskirts...
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2014, 02:30:54 AM »

@Aeolus: Sorry, and no offense, but can you please stop with the walls of texts? They're a darn pain to read, and they're not really needed here either. I'd recommend either drastically turning down the amount of prose, or just switching to a mostly dialogue driven format. Just think about it, alright?

Barkeep: I know a great way to make a buck.

*Proposition: Wetlands Exploration.*

Barkeep: You'll need 2000 gold for info etc. Still wanna do it?

Party: Ok/No.

Barkeep: So, who you wanna send?

Party: Alex, Lenora, Roko.

Barkeep: This job's from 15 to 16. How many days you want?

Party: 16.

*cue Crestee walking back and forth between Current Town and Boonies for sixteen days straight, then returns to the bar*

Barkeep: Wanna hear about 'Wetlands Exploration'?

Lenora: We left Current Town and...

Lenora: Departed for the site at Wetlands.

Alex: I had a good feeling!

Lenora: This area is famous for monsters.

Lenora: But we tried our best...

Lenora: As a result, we were able to excavate it!

Lenora: Different ores were found from the dike, but...

Lenora: There was one big one that stood out.

Lenora: Alex opened it with faith, inside was...

Lenora: A treasure that I've never seen was inside!

Lenora: So, this job was a big success!

*Found Treasure 'Star of Mongoose'*

*Gold: 2500*

*Lenora: 267 JP*
*Alex: 246 JP*
*Roko: 275 JP*

Roko: You're all a bunch of idiots.

Barkeep: Wow, what an amazing thing to find!

Barkeep: That's a treasure, and it's extremely valuable.

Barkeep: From now on, you're 'Treasure Hunter Lv1'!

*Treasure*
 - Star of Mongoose. A once famous jewel that a local village worshiped roughly once a month or so until it was tragically lost during a rampaging monsoon. It is said to bring out the inner Persona of any who traveled to its sight of worship.

@kkhohoho: How's this?

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2014, 11:51:49 AM »

Crestee: So why in tarnation did we just waste all that time sidetracked instead of scootin' along?  Heavens to Betsy, we got relatives to find and we gotta get back to our own time!  

Alex: We needed the money to upgrade our equipment and everything.  Are you gonna go out into the unknown and battle the forces of evil with a riding crop?  No, you're gonna need something stronger.  I'd say rapier style swords would suit your technique.  

Crestee: Grr... sakes alive. Fine, but once we get supplies, we better stop lollygagging and mosey on forward.  

Alex: We will, but sometimes being sidetracked can help.  After all, if the legend surrounding the Star of Mongoose is true, it could give us greater power against our foes.  

While they're yammering in the weapon/item shop, Leona (whose claws become more powerful as she levels up, so she doesn't need to buy weapons) and Roko (who already has her best possible equipment until the next town) sigh.  

Roko: *Sigh* And these two are supposed to be the great saviors or something?  This must be somebody's idea of a joke.  I mean, they're backwards!  Crestee is a spitfire, yet she's a wind innate.  And Alex kinda blows along like the wind, yet he's a fire innate.  

Leona: Normally, you'd be correct, but those two come from a future time when magic is all but dead, so their recessive genetics more strongly determine their elemental innateness.  Crestee must've come from long line of wind innates.  

Alex: Okay, we're armed with stronger equipment, bought a bunch of healing supplies, and now we can take on the wetlands.  

So the party FINALLY ventured off through the overworld and into the Marshes of Scuss, a hostile area en route to the isolated town of Slohm where Alexandra, or information about Alexandra, might be.  They fought a variety of hostile amphibians until they stumbled upon...
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 09:34:10 PM by Dincrest » Logged

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2014, 11:46:39 PM »

...signs telling the party to turn back and no trespassers, with skeletons littering the ground. The skeletons reanimate and begin attacking the party. It's a tough battle, but the skeletons are subdued and they fall back to the ground with the bones looking haphazardly placed.

Venturing forth, with Crestee leading the way, Alex notices a tripwire but it's too late. Crestee is hanging from a tree and looks bewildered.
Crestee: "Ack. Help meeeeeee. Please?"
Roko: "Such a vulnerable position, I like it..."
Alex: "SHH!!"
Alex hushes the rest of the party, and they hear rustling in the bushes, until suddenly two tribal warriors jump out begin speaking in a harsh tone with a thick accent.
Native: "I guess you didn't read the signs. That was foolish of you. You''l be coming with us, then. The girl that tripped the wire will stay here."
Making their way through the woods, the see various traps with occasional bodies laying around. Upon reaching the tribal village, we find a girl hung up on a rack, the torture device for stretching the limbs of its victims.
Roko: "Kinky."
Alex: "ALEXANDRA!"

Running up to the girl laid out on the rack, she looked puzzled and replied with a faint voice.
Alexandra: "Who are you? Do you know me? I don't recognize you."
Alex: "Are you serious? I'm your twin brother, Alexander! We were born into nobility in the kingdom of Selasse. How can you not remember?
Alexandra(?): "I don't know an Alexander, or Alexandra for that matter. I don't have a brother, much less a family. I'm all alone in this cruel world..."

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
kkhohoho

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2014, 12:33:00 AM »

@Aeolus: Well, yes, but I honestly can't tell if you were being serious with that bit, or if you were just trying to spite me. :P
---------------
Alex: You're not alone, Alexandra! trust me, you're not! You're--
Villager: Silence! You not speak unless spoken to!
Alex: I'll speak when I want to speak! But I'd advise against you doing the same. Trust me, your breath's horrific.
Villager: Just give me excuse, outsider...

As Alex was just nearly on the receiving end of a rather pointy spear, Leona, wisely keeping mostly hidden in the pack, noticed a rather large totem pole in the middle of the village. It was made of elaborate wooden carvings of various wooden animals, and right at the top was the largest, most well-crafted piece of the totem; a happy, smiling cat.

Leona: *Whispering* Always figured we cats should be treated like royalty.

Leona then snuck out of the pack and scampered off to the totem. It let loose it's claws and and climbed all the way to the very top. It sat up tall and proud atop the totem's head, beaming as if it were at the very center of attention. And then...

Leona: HEAR ME, PEOPLE OF THIS VILLAGE! I AM THE LIVING SPIRIT OF THE TOTEM! I HAVE LONG REMAINED VIGILANT OVER THIS VILLAGE WITHOUT MAKING MY PRESENCE KNOWN TO YOU! BUT NOW, I HAVE NO CHOICE! HEAR ME! THE GIRL YOU HAVE CAPTURED IS A CHILD OF THE GODS, AND THOSE YOU HAVE CAPTURED ARE HER SERVANTS! IF YOU HARM HER OR THOSE WHO SERVE HER, YOUR VILLAGE WILL BE COVERED IN SEVEN DAYS OF UNTHOUGHT OF HORRORS! DARKNESS AS FAR AS THE EYE CAN SEE! PLAGUES UPON ALL YOUR HOUSES! AND THE DEATHS OF EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOUR FIRST-BORNS! BUT THIS WILL ONLY OCCUR IF YOU DO NOT LET THIS CHILD OF THE GOD AND HER SERVANTS GO FREE! HEED MY WARNING, AND CHOOSE WISELY..."
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2014, 03:35:27 AM »

Unfortunately for Leona, she didn't realize that the significance of this tribe's totem pole is that of what the tribe considers to be a delicacy, in other words, she's less a 'servant of the gods' and more like 'food of the gods'.

Seeing the crowd turn their voracious gaze towards the talking fancy feast, Crestee shouts "RUN!!!" and both Leona and half the tribesmen charge headlong into the swamp.

"Good. Now these are far more manageable numbers." Exclaims Roko as the party charges into battle.

Crestee and party encounters 'Tribesmen' x3. "Command?"

*snip*

"YESSSSSSSSSSS!"

*Party obtains 75 Exp*

*Crestee gains a level*

*Alex gains a level*

*Alex learns "Parry Parry, Thrust Thrust, Dodge, Spin, Turn, Chop!"*

*Party obtains Gooey Salve x 1*
(Item Description; Gooey Salve: Sticky, smelly, off-white colored goo with the consistency of butter, that's hard to wash off and causes swelling, tingling, itching and heightened sensitivity where applied. Has the unusual side-effect of restoring 1000 HP.)

*Party obtains 100 gold*

Now standing amongst the fifty knocked out barbarians, Alex quickly rushes over to Alex's side wherein Alex frees Alex from the bonds holding Alex.

"Oh!" States Alex.

"Come Alex!" States Alex.

"Quick! Back into the swamp!" Shouts somebody not named Alex.

And then the party runs into the Swamp where....

@kkhohoho: Me? Being Spiteful?? Why I'd never....

I just want to get this showboat on the road as it were.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 03:47:35 AM by Aeolus » Logged

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2014, 01:31:45 PM »

They find a seemingly abandoned swamp house, kinda like this: http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/236/b/b/swamp_house_revamp_by_elucidator-d5caj4v.jpg and enter.

As they take a moment of respite, Roko asks, "Say, Crestee, how did you escape from the trap to come barging in saying "RUN!"

Crestee: Those dumb goons forgot to take my sword, so I cut myself free. *Crestee gives a "well duh!" look* "I could've prolly used my wind magic as well, but I ain't gonna waste that on some silly net."  

Meanwhile, Leona and Alexander are trying to calm down a bewildered Alexandra.  She's grateful for her rescue, but it seems the torture or god-knows-what she's endured has broken her mind and she can't seem to think straight.  

Just then, a creak is heard...
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 05:44:43 PM by Dincrest » Logged

kkhohoho

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Today at 01:11:31 AM »

The door of the house then swung open as if it were struck by the earth itself. Standing in the doorway was a rather peculiar fellow. He was dressed only in rags and animal skins; his hair was long and unkempt; he was incredibly old, to the point where one could wonder how he was even still alive; and in spite of all that, he was incredibly tall, at 7'2, and and as strong and bulky as an oak tree. The man solemnly stared at the crew for what seemed like an eternity, before turning his back on them. However, he slowly raised one hand, and gestured the others to follow him...
-------------
*Aelous: Okay, but you don't need to send the showboat careening down the river at full throttle either. There's nothing wrong with taking the time to develop the characters or establish a scene. We don't need to just go from Point A to B, and let that be it. Just think about slowing things down a bit in your post. There's nothing really wrong with that.
insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Today at 03:23:53 AM »

Inside his home, he offered to make them tea, and across the room they notice a young man practicing with a sword against a dummy. The house seems much bigger inside than it looks outside, and quite cozy also with stairs going down to suggest it has multiple floors.
The old man gestures the party to sit down.
????: "Dincrest, come over and meet these people that have stumbled into our abode."
Crestee is shocked to find her ancestor the hero, Dincrest, in place like this.
Dincrest: "Sorry, father. I got caught up in my training. It's nice to meet you."
????: "I'm (______*). What brings you to these parts?
Leona: "We had to find a friend, this girl over here in fact."
Alex: "She's my sister, but she doesn't seem to remember me, or anything from our time."
????: "Hm? Your time?"
Leona: "Uh oh, maybe that was a mistake."
Alex: "Never mind. Umm."
????: "I suppose you must have the Eye, then."
Roko: "Whaaat? Never heard of it."
????: "The Eye of Spacetime? You must be living under a rock if you haven't heard of it."
Dincrest: "It's terrible, all the major countries in the world are fighting for it, because they're power hungry."
????: "Don't worry. Even if you have it, we won't try to take it from you."
Alex: "Okay then, uhh, yeah we have it."
????: "So when did you come from? And why?
Crestee: "100 years from now. I'm lookin' for my mom. I guess she ended up here after touching the eye. My hometown was destroyed by an airship, and so now all I really have left is my mom."
Alex: "As we came back in time, we saw my sister with the Eye, whom we just rescued. But she doesn't doesn't seem to remember anything."
????: "I'm sure something can be worked out to find your mother. Don't worry, young one. As for your sister. Have you considered the possibility of amnesia? Or maybe she could be an ancestor of your sister and they happen to look alike. Or some combination of both perhaps?"

(*choose a name for this character, I can only seem to think of him as either Gandalf or maybe Shrek; a tall guy lives in a swamp, has a house built into a tree with a door that looks too small for someone so tall.)
« Last Edit: Today at 04:06:48 AM by insertnamehere » Logged

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: Today at 09:08:33 AM »

Remember, this is the age of magic so everything is bigger due to magical enhancements.  Note the Artmas.  Nothing that big exists in Crestee's time, but they existed back then.  Granted, they exist where few tread, though Roko's seen one in her travels.  And the house could be like the Weasley's camping tent in Harry Potter.

Oh, and I'm naming the old man Sherdal

Roko: Wait, you all are just gonna trust ol' swampy and his son?  

Crestee: His name is Sherdal and he's my great grandpappy.  And Dincrest is my grandpappy.  The Eye tells me they're above-board*, and besides, can't you see the family resemblance?  

Dincrest: Hey, Crestee was it?  How are you with that sword?  Wanna spar?  

Crestee: I ain't one to back down from a challenge *said with false confidence since she's mainly been wielding the rapier like a riding crop*

Dincrest is a bit perturbed by her lacking technique, but is happy that he breeds a pretty cool granddaughter who, he finds out, is a horse handler on a rehabilitation ranch for rescued livestock animals.  He then coaches her on some of the sword techniques he's been perfecting, mainly through watching animals fight.  No sense letting his blood go out there wielding a sword incorrectly.  

*Crestee learns Copperhead Strike*

Dincrest: Something wrong?  You're looking at me rather strangely.

Crestee: Sorry, it's just surreal hangin' with a not-much-older-than-me grandpappy.  

Dincrest: And I never expected that I'd have a granddaughter let alone a daughter or even a wife or girlfriend.  I know dad and I live in the swamps for good reason, so we're away from the rulers' probing eyes and don't have to fall into lockstep with what "they" want us to do, especially after what happened with my mom.  But I don't exactly meet a lot of girls living this life.  

Crestee: So?

Dincrest: So what?  

Crestee: You ain't gonna ask me about your life in the future?  All the family stories I've heard about you from ma, pa, and uncle?  

Dincrest: Tempting, but no.  I've always been the type to discover things on my own and learn everything the hard way.  I'm stubborn like that, and I get the feeling you're pretty headstrong too.  *smiles* Classic family trait.  Perhaps your existence is a spoiler in my life's story, but now I'm curious to find out how my lineage actually passed on.  And I'd rather "read" that for myself.  Now, let's refine those sword techniques of yours.  *laughs* after all, I don't know if I'll ever get an ancestor-progeny bonding moment like this again.

And thus Crestee continued to practice her sword techniques with "young grandpa," both of them feeling a sense of familial pride; her for the family she came from and him for his family's future.  

*Crestee learns Cottonmouth Sweep*

Meanwhile, Sherdal, Alexander, Alexandra, Roko, and Leona are in the house discussing...

*above-board is cowboy slang for "in open sight, without artifice, or trick." I've been taking slang from http://www.legendsofamerica.com/we-slang.html to pepper Crestee's speech.
« Last Edit: Today at 11:49:59 AM by Dincrest » Logged

kkhohoho

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Today at 09:56:15 AM »

...matters of great import. Such as the existence of a talking cat.

Sherdal: Interesting. Very interesting indeed. Though honestly, if it wasn't for all of you youngsters hearing this little bugger with your own hears, I'd swear I was blasted on swamp piss. Either that, or we're all blasted on swamp piss.

Alex: Uh, not in front of my sister, please.

Sherdal: Speaking of which, are you sure this is truly the sister of whom you speak?

Alex ...Come again?

Sherdal: Well, think about it. Myself and my son are apparently ancestors of your Crestee, correct? Who's to say that this young woman -- who, I might add, cannot remember a single thing about who she is -- isn't merely an ancestor herself?

Alex: But, the beacon--

Sherdal: --Could have led to the person that was, in this time, like your sister. If that person were to be an ancestor, then that would make perfect sense.

Alex: No! That, that can't be--

Roko: Hate to say it, but the geezer here might have a point. She doesn't remember a thing, right? Sure, she could be your sister, but we don't know the first thing about this whole time-travelling business, do we?

Alexendra???: Uh, um...

Alex: Alexandra?

Alexendra: Um, I don't, I don't really know what's going on here, I really don't, but--

Roko: Just spit it out, girl.

Alex: Roko!

Alexandra???: It's, it's alright. I, I don't know, but, Alex. It is Alex, correct? I, am sorry, but I truly don't remember anything. Not this place, and not this time you have spoken of either. I am sorry, I truly am, but...

Alex: But what?

Alexandra???: ...But it could be true that I am not your sister.

Alex: But Alexandra--

Alexandra: Please! I just, I'm sorry, but I just need some time to myself. I do not want others defining me when I cannot even define my own person! So please, just let me be...

Alex: But--

Leona: Better let her be. Whether she's your sister or not, she needs some time to herself.

Alex: But, I thought you said my sister was here--

Leona: That I did. But even if she's still in this time, that doesn't mean Sherdal's wrong. I don't even like saying this, but whoever this girl is, she might not be your sister. 'Sides, we've got bigger fish to try. I think, after seeing all of this, you'll believe what I've gotta' say. Think it's finally time I tell ya' all 'bout the Time's Eye...
--------------------

Just an FYI, I'm going to be away in Chicago for a few days without any real internet access. See you all Sunday, I guess. :P
« Last Edit: Today at 12:12:32 PM by kkhohoho » Logged
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: Today at 11:44:58 AM »

Just then, Crestee and Dincrest walk in, panting from time spent swordfighting.  

Crestee: "Umm, what's with all the sullen looks?"

Sherdal: "Your kitty cat was just about to spill the beans on this whole mess."

Dincrest: "Let's take a seat then."

So everyone sits down on the floor (except for Alexandra who's in another room, but still listening in) and Leona begins her lecture about the Eye of Spacetime, her connection to it, and why she's a cat...
« Last Edit: Today at 12:44:45 PM by Dincrest » Logged

kkhohoho

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Today at 12:36:26 PM »

Still going to Chicago, but not until later this afternoon, so...
------------------
Leona: Right; Time's Eye. Basically, the Eye's like your great grand-uncle twice removed; hardly anyone knows it exists, but it's been around for longer than anyone could have guessed, and legends about it have been around for nearly as long. It's said that the eye was created by the twin Goddesses Orihu and Uhiro, masters of life and life and death respectively. It was supposedly made when the universe was young, and the Gods were trying out just about everything to see what stuck. Cue the Time's Eye, which can also be likened to an old science experiment that you made years ago and don't really pay much attention to anymore. As for what it can you, you've seen some of it. So long as you know what you're doing, time and space might as well be at your fingertips. If you don't know what you're doing, you end up sending, say, your mothers and sisters into the past. You, Crestee, couldn't control the Time's Eye just set. Hate to say it, but it's because of you know why your mother and Alex's sister (maybe,) got sent back here. The more you know...

Leona (Continued): Anyway, once created, it was too strong for the Gods to just get rid of it, or to even keep away in the Celestial Plane. If they did that, the energies of the eye would react to those of the Celestial Plane, resulting in... well, if you've ever heard any theories on the Big Blast, it would basically be that times a hundred. They had to keep it here, and so they entrusted it to to the Crestee clan, which you, Crestee, just happen to be named after. Not that your parents knew. They just knew the name had been passed down for practically forever, along with the heirloom, but it'd been forever since they knew why. Though as for Dincrest, I guess he just happened to marry in.

Leona: (Continued): And as for me, I'm the first. The first member of the clan to ever be bestowed the honor of protecting the heirloom. Basically, Crestee, I'm your great, great, great, great... well, very great grandpappy, for all intents and purposes. And when my time was done, rather than just kick the bucket, the clan enacted a ritual to transfer my soul to the body of a cat. The could would live forever, while my soul would forever rest within it, and keep watch over the Time's Eyes, to make sure that future descendants of the clan stayed on the right path. Though let me tell ya', some of those later young-ungs were a pain in the rear end, let me tell ya'. Course, at some point or another, some members of the clan stopped believing in what they saw as, 'space-time hooey', and nothing anyone could do would convince 'em. I've stayed in the shadows since then, making sure the heirlooms never fell into the wrong hands. Only now, it's in danger of doing so, so I just couldn't keep quiet any longer, so to speak. And let me tell you, after keeping my trap shut for so long, it's a darn relief to finally be yapping away again. Maybe that's why I'm so chatty.

Leona: (Continued.) And that's what I know. If anyone's got any question's, now the time to ask 'em...

{Save Game?}
« Last Edit: Today at 12:39:29 PM by kkhohoho » Logged
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: Today at 01:48:08 PM »

Crestee: So why were you always hasslin' me and my livestock?  If y'all were lookin' out for me, why'd you scratch me all the time?  

Leona: When you're as old as I am and have been around as long as I have in this accursed cat body, you tend to get a little ornery.  And I often used that to keep people at bay.  Plus, like I said before, if I scratched you, I had the power to keep tabs on you until your scratches fully healed up.  I initially scratched at your livestock to get a bead on you, then scratched you directly.  I knew you were different when your scratches healed up faster than usual.  You were a magic innate.  So I had to keep scratching you to keep tabs on you.  And THAT is why I picked on you so much.  

Crestee: Why you... why didn't you just right TELL me what was going on before things got all clitchy?  I ain't some prissy little Strassle princess who's virgin ears can't hear a bull's backdoor trots or even them uppity girls in Madora with their prize winnin' animals.  For corn sakes, I get my hands good 'n dirty on Uncle's ranch rescuin' and rehabilitatin' abused and neglected animals.  I seen Loper at his worst when he weren't nuthin' but sickly skin 'n bones and now he's as stout and healthy as any blue ribbon stallion.  With time and patience I can have the most irascible horse eatin' outta my hand.  And my dad... when I was a wee baby our house was bein' robbed and he was killed fightin' off them outlaws so mama and I could escape.  We were homeless drifters for a while till mama's little brother Clyde took us in.  I had trouble saying "Clyde" as a baby, so I called 'im "Unca" then "Uncle."      

Leona: Crestee, I know you've seen and experienced tragedy in your life and I didn't want to burden you with more weight on your shoulders.  I wanted you to have some semblance of a normal life.  Be  regular girl as much as possible.  Be like everyone else in the village who's tangled with the ornery cat.  Plus, I wanted to be sure you grew mature enough to handle things, especially your latent power.  I know you're a spitfire around people, especially those you think are stupid, but you're as cool and collected as can be with your animals.  

Crestee: Darn tootin.'  Animals, especially horses, are super sensitive to peoples' emotions and the ones we rescued spooked even easier 'cuz o' what they gone through.  

Leona:  Maybe I spoke too late, but better late than never.  The winds of change blow strong with you, Crestee.  

Crestee: Spare me the elemental puns about being dust in the wind and all that.  

Roko: So even if you had been forthright with cowboy barbie earlier on, you're saying she'd be in a bad predicament even if not this one?  Between a rock and a hard place.  

Leona: Yes, and at this point I'm glad she's not alone on this journey.  The Eye is attuned to Alex as well, so his fate is intertwined.  Why you're with the party is a mystery, but something compels you, Roko.  

Just then, Alexandra meekly steps out of her hiding place and into the main room.  

Alexandra: I'm, I'm sorry I freaked out a little earlier.  It's just that...

Alexander: No need.  Sorry I got carried away.  It's just that...

Alexandra: No need to explain yourself again.  We're all in the same boat.  You need answers.  Crestee needs answers.  I need answers.  I'm not much good at fighting, but I can do this *Alexandra casts a low level water spell with healing properties* so maybe I can come along with you?  I won't get anywhere on my own and you do seem to care, Alex.  

The party nods in agreement.  

*Alexandra joins the party*

Sherdal: Dincrest, I would like you to accompany them as well.  The truth is out there and this motley crew is a lightning rod for it.  

*Dincrest joins the party*

Roko: It's about time we got a hunky swordsman in the party, no offense buttercup.  

Crestee: None taken, though you could ease up on the pet names.  I'm not some twee little girl.  I'm a lot taller and have a more... erm... hearty build than some twig noble.  Them prissy gals couldn't handle my horses.  

Roko: *licks lips* Sure thing, apple tart.  

Sherdal: The eye will guide you on your way, and my son can forage a path.  

The party is now:
Crestee, wind elemental, rapier type swords
Alexander, fire elemental, knives & daggers
Leona, ???, claws
Roko, ???, whips
Alexandra, water elemental, rods
Dincrest, ???, longswords

So the party exits the swamps and is back out on the overworld where the Eye points them to...
« Last Edit: Today at 07:15:58 PM by Dincrest » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: