Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 10, 2016, 10:14:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Check out the latest RPG news!
377140 Posts in 15097 Topics by 2334 Members
Latest Member: Malekoth
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Game Journals
| | |-+  Retro Encounter Podcast Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] Print
Author Topic: Retro Encounter Podcast Thread  (Read 26806 times)
Towns Car Marty
RPGFan Editor

Frog Enthusiast, Ridiculous

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #465 on: January 12, 2016, 02:55:25 AM »

Wow Peter, if you've only played SO4 and enjoyed it, you're in for a real treat with the rest of the series!

missRPGirl

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #466 on: January 12, 2016, 08:26:53 AM »

Hey guys!
Great idea with the bonus round podcast you made in December.
I was playing Parasite Eve with you guys but when I got to the part where you fight the T-rex I just stopped. I just got frustrated with battles in this game.

Also for the new year I haven't heard anyone mention Star Ocean as a game to play. Maybe someone has, but I thought I should mention it. You could play any of them because their all so good with the exception of Star Ocean: Last Hope. 

Hey, thanks! Glad you liked it. :) Yeah, the battles in Parasite Eve can get a bit frustrating towards the end... *glares at that final boss*

The only Star Ocean game I've played was 4, tbh... although I did enjoy it to a degree, it had fun combat and I enjoyed exploring different planets. I really should give the rest of the series a shot...

Yeah... now your really going to have to play the other Star Ocean series. Especially the best one (in my opinion) Star Ocean: Till the End of Time. The other ones are good as well. If you want to play the remakes their on PSP. I'm not entirely sure but I don't think they ever made a digital release of those games.

Lian_Kazairl
Taskmistress
RPGFan Editor

Podcast Momma

View Profile Email
« Reply #467 on: January 12, 2016, 09:41:59 AM »

Yeah... now your really going to have to play the other Star Ocean series. Especially the best one (in my opinion) Star Ocean: Till the End of Time. The other ones are good as well. If you want to play the remakes their on PSP. I'm not entirely sure but I don't think they ever made a digital release of those games.

*high five* SO3 super fans unite! ;)

I'm the Dark Souls of Xeno-everything and FFXII. YES, I CAN BE BOTH.
IhaveFURY
Rocker, roller, and out-of-controller.
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #468 on: January 12, 2016, 10:31:29 AM »

Wow Peter, if you've only played SO4 and enjoyed it, you're in for a real treat with the rest of the series!

I set the bar pretty low, haha.

natros
Pizza Enthusiast

Right! I'll do you for that!!

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #469 on: January 12, 2016, 10:43:59 AM »

I personally would have liked SO3 much better if there wasn't so much damn backtracking and repetitiveness. The excellent battle system helped me to see it through.
Annubis

ee yan~☆

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #470 on: January 12, 2016, 11:26:44 AM »

While I really like SO3, I think SO2 is still my favorite.
The cast of SO2 is just so damn adorable.

A Rena playthrough is also damn fun just to be the ultimate matchmaker.

missRPGirl

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #471 on: January 12, 2016, 01:18:56 PM »

The only thing that got on my nerves about the SO remakes was how annoying the voices were in battle. I still remember Ilia Silvestri from SO: First Departure saying over and over again, "Palm of Destruction!, Palm of Destruction!, Palm of Destruction!, Palm of Destruction!" lol

Arvis

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #472 on: January 13, 2016, 12:08:46 PM »

SO2 for life, yo.  Crawd has advanced forward!

Current RPG - Xenoblade Chronicles X
missRPGirl

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #473 on: January 25, 2016, 08:45:42 AM »

Haha listening to your latest podcast on Pokemon. I like how Josh Curry assumes everyone has played a Pokemon game before. Pokemon X was my first because boyfriend was shocked that I never played Pokemon before and he is convinced that I had no childhood lol. I'm sure their good games I just ever bothered since I wasn't into the show and the cards. Anyway that was my first experience with the Pokemon game and might be my last XD

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: