Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 02, 2014, 08:46:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330160 Posts in 13528 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  What's the haps?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 875 876 [877] Print
Author Topic: What's the haps?  (Read 673830 times)
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #13140 on: August 28, 2014, 08:42:20 AM »

This morning my head feels like at any moment it could erupt into liquid brains. My head has never, ever hurt this bad and I have no idea what could be causing it.

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
glassjawsh

"You're pretty punk, Steve" - Dolphin

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #13141 on: August 28, 2014, 11:15:12 AM »

I'm on 3 and a half hours sleep for the 2nd day in a row, because Ys: Oath in Felghana... anyway, I'm a public librarian and this gentlemen behind me, who lives in subsidized housing, collects unemployment/disability, and is on a free computer at a PUBLIC library, is currently listening to Rush Limbaugh tell him how big government is ruining America...He's been doing this almost every single day since I started here 2 years ago.

I'll take "People actively rooting against their own interests" for 2000 Alex

« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 11:23:12 AM by glassjawsh » Logged

You're wrong, Frank. I'm not a kid, I'm a man. I am gonna get you better, and then I'm going to beat you to death!
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13142 on: August 28, 2014, 11:17:28 AM »

At a new installation getting ready to mount a projector and screen...only neither are here yet...fun times.

At least I'm being paid by the hour.

TASTY!
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #13143 on: August 29, 2014, 01:06:28 AM »

PAX starts tomorrow and I don't have tickets :(

Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13144 on: August 29, 2014, 09:26:56 PM »

I need to update my backloggery. I keep looking at my signature and thinking I've somehow aquired Obama. =P

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13145 on: August 31, 2014, 03:27:11 AM »

I flew home Sunday and started class the next day. Being jetlagged sucks.
My parents had set up my entire apartment for me before I got home, which I really appreciated. \
It was basically my birthday present.

Love having an apartment with a bathroom where the water pressure doesn't suddenly cut out for no reason.

School seems okay so far. It is weird being told "you are not a student, you are a teacher and we are colleagues. Do not call me Professor or Mister/Miss Blabla".

It's a little bit scary seeing how seriously rules and regulations are taken here. It's not like ESL at all.

I think this year is going to be a lot of work.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13146 on: August 31, 2014, 12:25:43 PM »

I noticed the area around the HDD in my computer was always getting pretty hot when gaming so I decided to work on that.
Opened my computer this morning and jury rigged a fan where there was nothing to hold it in place.

I set the new fan to mid power and that seems fine.
Just played 2 hours and that area feels cool to the touch now.
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13147 on: August 31, 2014, 02:18:27 PM »

36.5 mile group bicycle ride today.  In the past week, I've ridden about 100 miles.  Boss!  And I seem to have lived an episode of Yowamushi Pedal today as well. 

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13148 on: August 31, 2014, 09:21:26 PM »

Returned my previous laptop and ordered a new one. The one I returned had some issues with the track pad and while I could and probably will use a mouse, I still want things to function correctly.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13149 on: September 01, 2014, 03:42:31 AM »

If I leave my apartment now, it's about four hours till sunrise. I could probably cover about 11 miles on foot.

Anyway.

Woke up at 9:30 this morning but I didn't feel like getting breakfast so I went back to sleep till 10. Got up, screwed around, and made oatmeal at like 10:40. Since it was steal cut oats I was using, you have to let that brew for awhile, so I just added the hot water and set it in my microwave to kind of chill out for a bit. Figured that while the oatmeal was soaking, I'd go out to the McDonald's next to my apartment and get a coffee, and then head back home, because it was raining and I didn't feel like going on a long walk.

After getting the coffee, however, I got terribly distracted, walked out to Whole Foods (which is like miles away), got lunch, went to the french bakery next to Whole Foods, fucked around in Upper Arlington and somehow ended up at the Giant Eagle Market District in Upper Arlington, got a root beer, and walked back home.

That oatmeal was hydrated as fuck by the time I got back.

Seriously though I have issues with time. Like I had this conversation in 2010 that got picked back up again in 2012 without beats being missed. Also the flashbacks.

---

1. Also they should make commercially prepared sliced bread that has crust on all sides of each slice. Or some kind of inverted bread where you jam an electronic rod in the middle of a dough ball that doesn't have a pot surrounding it, and electrocute it so you only get crust through the center and the rest of it is just this tortured fractal gluten mycelium going off wherever.

2. Cereal companies start releasing breakfast and dinner versions of their cereals. For instance, Raisin Bran becomes Kellog's Morning Flakes and Kellog's Evening Flakes. They are identical but people are self conscious about eating breakfast cereal for dinner, so they'll buy the Evening Flakes for that purpose. This will sell twice the cereal.

3. Everything costs 20 dollars, no matter what it's worth. This starts to average out although you end up with stuff like Ford making candy bars to compensate for the cheap cars. They still catch on fire for no reason.

4. When you're eating honey you're literally getting snowballed by a bee and a flower.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 04:53:24 AM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

glassjawsh

"You're pretty punk, Steve" - Dolphin

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #13150 on: September 01, 2014, 05:46:09 AM »

It's almost 6 am and I can't stop because oath in felghana is too much freaking fun...my brain is meatloaf...

You're wrong, Frank. I'm not a kid, I'm a man. I am gonna get you better, and then I'm going to beat you to death!
Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #13151 on: September 01, 2014, 11:23:22 AM »

Instead of going back to XenoBlade Chronicles or Persona 2: Innocent Sin I'm playing dumb card games on my phone.  I may have a problem. 

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13152 on: September 01, 2014, 08:26:49 PM »

Sleep deprived and moderately delusional/disoriented. I went to Cincinnati on Saturday, did that stuff with just wandering around aimlessly on Sunday, uh, today's Monday and usually I'm at work but 'wasn't 'cause holiday, uh, went out to lunch earlier.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #13153 on: Today at 12:32:29 AM »

I went to a house for a small work-people party today....

= Pool
= Giant Slide
= Tennis Court
= Basketball Court
= Home Theatre Set
= Big screen TVs everywhere.
= Normal fridge, wine fridge, beer fridge
= RV with nicer kitchen and furnishings than most houses ($600 to fill up)

...then I went back to my house. 
And wept.

I think the best part is that the owners are super-nice, pretty humble and normal people.  Either way, a nice night, and its been a while I've worked a place where I thought the people were good and fun to be with.

Sleep deprived and moderately delusional/disoriented. I went to Cincinnati on Saturday, did that stuff with just wandering around aimlessly on Sunday, uh, today's Monday and usually I'm at work but 'wasn't 'cause holiday, uh, went out to lunch earlier.

I remember having days like this myself

Instead of going back to XenoBlade Chronicles or Persona 2: Innocent Sin I'm playing dumb card games on my phone.  I may have a problem. 

Spider Solitaire does that too me.  I started "thinking in Spider Solitaire"....which shouldn't make sense.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13154 on: Today at 03:31:01 AM »

Back from yet another animecon and somewhat alive again now.

-We had some time on the main stage during the opening ceremony for a little promotion of our magazine. It's a convention in the Netherlands, we make a Dutch magazine, 99% of the people in the audience speak Dutch and we dared to do our little presentation in Dutch. Some people from the organisation were not amused. How dare we not speak English! Being a rebel feels good :D

-I complain a lot about Dutch animeconventions, but what I do like is that everyone who isn't fussing over rules and regulations is very laid back. The avarage Dutch vendor isn't there to strike it big. They enjoy conventions and feel part of the community. That's not the case for some of the foreign vendors. My neigbour got complaints from a British vendor because her prices were lower. He accused her of wanting to start a price war and said she's lucky it isn't illegal in the Netherlands. What he failed to take into account is that the products she sold are slightly cheaper wholesale in the Netherlands, and that she's a smaller, local vendor with less overhead. Besides, do you know what is illegal in the Netherlands (and many other countries)? Keeping prices artificially high by agreeing on a minimum price with other sellers.

-The green tea hardcandy I bought from my neighbour was really good. I'm going to buy another bag or two next time.

-That Tales of Xillia 2 overload the week before caused the convention to be weird... Like, the building is really big and divided into four zones: blue, green, yellow and red. Sometimes doors are locked and you need to go outside to enter another part of the building. Made me wish we had reallife teleporters. And the timing of some conversations... A big Tales-fan and I were talking in the dealerroom, next to our tables which my friend is keeping an eye on. The conversation turned to pairings and she explained why Yurgen and Alvin are her favourite because they're best business buddies and stuff and they trust each other, and that's sweet. Right then my friend pipes up:
'Hey, Tama, we doing really great! We've already sold more in these last three hours than we did at [big animecon that lasts three days]!'
'We are awesome!'
-high five-
I hope Tales-fan doesn't start shipping us.

-I need to work on my wardrobe.
'You know, you should wear that Luke outfit again. It looked cute.'
'Luke outfit?'
'Yeah, from Professor Layton. You have a casual cosplay, right?'
'... Those are my normal clothes...'

-The most surprising thing: people are not the assholes the internet tells us they are. I gave a lecture on gamejournalism and writing reviews. Part of it was a small competition: review this lecture in one sentence. Now, if I were to believe some women in gaming on the internet, I should have expected death threats. You know what I got? Good feedback written in a considerate manner.
Pages: 1 ... 875 876 [877] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: