Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2014, 10:05:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334632 Posts in 13706 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  What's the haps?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 897 898 [899] Print
Author Topic: What's the haps?  (Read 710194 times)
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13470 on: October 20, 2014, 03:29:37 PM »

Is it alright if I steal that mug?
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13471 on: October 20, 2014, 03:32:51 PM »

Theodore is mine! You can't take him away from me!

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13472 on: Today at 05:00:31 PM »

I mentioned in an earlier post that I'm stepping down from performing with the band because the lifestyle (especially touring) is taking a toll on me.  Well, the band made me an offer I pretty much couldn't refuse.  While I would be stepping down from performing, I could still be their "PR Manager" and continue to help out with backend stuff like promotion, some bookkeeping, some PR, etc.  This way I'm still connected to the band (I'd be P.o.T. staff) but don't have to tour and all that jazz.  My tenure as a performer ended on good terms, the band likes and trusts me, they want to keep me on in some capacity, and it won't be the kind of time commitment of a touring performer.

Plus, though I'm a competent enough player, this kind of stuff is what I'm better at.  I always joke that it's never my playing skill that gets me gigs with bands, but rather that I'm responsible, accountable, dependable, and reliable.  Past bands have had superior bassists to me, yet I always get the callback.    

I like this- I can still be connected to local music (which I ardently support) without having to go on the road and repeatedly drag myself home at 3 in the morning with aches and pains and barely recover a week later.    
« Last Edit: Today at 05:10:17 PM by Dincrest » Logged

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13473 on: Today at 05:42:00 PM »

Sounds like a good solution. An old editor-in-chief did something similar when he had to step down from his current position due to a growing lack of time and energy. Now he does some PR and some other small tasks, and we're glad he's still around because there aren't many dependable with the same amount of experience he has. We just have to make sure he doesn't keep on picking up new small tasks and slowly collect a workload the size of his old one ^_^'
Pages: 1 ... 897 898 [899] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: