RPGFan Message Boards
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 02, 2016, 02:54:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Check out the latest RPG news!
252103 Posts in 7568 Topics by 2405 Members
Latest Member: WeinCruz
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Game Journals
| | |-+  Retro Encounter Podcast Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] Print
Author Topic: Retro Encounter Podcast Thread  (Read 50811 times)
thetrueelec

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #675 on: November 03, 2016, 12:24:30 AM »

So I've been playing a little bit of Child of Light to be able to listen to the podcast but just so I know what chapters does the first part cover?
Monsoon
Electric Mayhem
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #676 on: November 03, 2016, 02:00:05 AM »

First six chapters. Chapter 6 is the one where Robert joins you.

ultra7k

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #677 on: Today at 02:33:31 PM »

Just listened to the confessional episode, great stuff. Always fun to see what other people have missed that others consider essential.

Re: Suikoden II

Not absolutely necessary that you play the first one, it helps but despite loving the series I always felt Suiko I felt like an archaic game. The major Suiko fan in me says play it, but the pragmatist in me says skip it, unless you are a completionist. The stories are mostly focused on the region of the world they take place in (think Trails in the Sky/Trails of Cold Steel) and are self contained aside from character back story or major events - of which there is a lot cross over in 1-3.

I played the games out of order back in the day 2/3/1 and never really felt I missed too much.

There are 3 different combat systems, your everyday RPG turnbased combat, one vs one fights between characters which use a rock/paper/scissors type system, and the field tactical battles which is sort of like Fire Emblem as you guys mentioned.

A lot of people hate Suikoden 4 (I mean a lot) due to it's plodding nature and sparse environments but I felt the story was compelling enough. 5 is an attempt to re-capture the glory of 2.

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: