Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2014, 07:11:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334838 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  A Game Journal Reborn
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 153 Print
Author Topic: A Game Journal Reborn  (Read 63879 times)
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1155 on: June 02, 2014, 07:11:28 AM »

On the last stretch of my first playthough of Ys: Memories of Celcata. Just got the Mask of the Moon, 100% map, and 100% gatherables. Need to get 100% chests and quests still and then grinding hell as I try and master all skills!
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1156 on: June 02, 2014, 09:23:51 AM »

Doofed around as Dadass Nier for a while and cleared out a bunch of sidequests. I've got two more left (barring any fishing quests) and I should be ready for the Facade.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1157 on: June 02, 2014, 03:49:08 PM »

Finished up the story in Arkham Origins. Now I'm just doing all the sidequests and such to get extra trophies. Starting dabbing in FFX-2 HD again. Just got the 4 ciphers to open the gate in Besaid.

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1158 on: June 02, 2014, 04:53:21 PM »

Have a level 11 Exile Human Esper/Settler on Caretaker in Wildstar. I haven't had this much fun in an MMO since I had a fantastic LS in FFXI that I played with everyday, and I've barely scratched the surface of everything the game has to offer.
mecharobot

Thunder of the dogs! INDIGNATION

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1159 on: June 02, 2014, 05:05:08 PM »

I finished Ys Seven myself. A fun game, but somehow average Ys and longer than usual too. It is quite broken like Napishtim was, but the system is not wholly bad once you get used to it, the pace is enjoyable and the music still rocks. I gave up on end game grind for ultimate weapons. It was just redundant and there were no optional bosses left to fight when I reached the last boss. I wonder if they perfected this system in Celceta, but I'm likely not playing that one anyday soon.

I'm a bit torn again now. I tried out Crisis Core, but I don't really dig the battle system and the game just doesn't suit my mood now. Maybe I'll try Valkyria Chronicles II instead. I'm not really expecting it to trump the first game, but maybe I could enjoy the new classes and upgrades at least.
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1160 on: June 02, 2014, 07:47:33 PM »

At this point, I consider having beaten most of Pokemon White.
Now, I just have to roam and complete my pokedex as much as I can tolerate doing.

Team 'cute':
- Togekiss
- Lopunny
- Mismagius
- Vaporeon
- Gardevoir
- Lilligant

Lopunny was by far the weakest. Normal type seems pretty awful. That said, it was my Strenght and Cut.
Togekiss was my main because Serene Grace + Air Slash is awesome.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 08:34:29 PM by Annubis » Logged
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1161 on: June 02, 2014, 09:10:11 PM »

Finished the
Code:
train hijacking mission
in GTA 5. I like the game overall, but the main story....

In some ways I think GTA 4's was better as I liked the "immigrant in America" perspective.

The mechanics are far better in this game however.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Der Jermeister

The Angry Videogame Fur

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1162 on: June 03, 2014, 04:11:04 PM »

Beat Etrian Odyssey Untold and finished watching the 358/2 Days HD cutscenes from Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX today. Definitely enjoyed both Untold and the KH collection. I also have Borderlands 2 for the Vita which I'll start later today and just ordered Tales of Symphonia Chronicles over Amazon, which I'll get Thursday thanks to Amazon Prime.

Wild Armor
Observer

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1163 on: June 03, 2014, 05:31:16 PM »

On the 4th stratum of Etrian Odyssey IV.

It's refreashing going through the game at a casual pace not having to worry too much about the story. Also, I like the battle music change very much. :)

Avatar Author's sig: Let me know if you know this author. :)
Klyde Chroma
Lvl. 7 Fruity Ninja and Dincrest groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1164 on: June 03, 2014, 09:14:00 PM »

Man, I wasn't close to beating Escha and Logy at all. I put in 3 solid nights in a row and it looks like I've still got a bit more to do. I even skipped my retro gaming weekend in an effort to beat E and L. The last year/assignment threw my guesstimation of game length off. I feel like what I percieved to be the end of this game has lasted long enough to actually be more like final 1/3 or last 1/4 of the game. The upside is, at least the last year of Escha and Logy is leagues more fun than the rest of the title proved. Too little too late to save it in my book, but a wee bit refreshing none the less.

I am NOT beating myself up with the ending of this game on account of the fact that it is my birthday as of midnight tonite. As such I want a new game to sink my teeth into.

As mentioned, I tried Dark Souls last week but that did NOT fit the bill.

I was going to move on to Lost Odyssey after Escha and Logy but now I'm thinking Shadow Hearts might be a stronger option. Essentially I'm looking for something mature and just a bit different than I am used to. Although my knowledge of these titles extends only to what I've been told by the community here, I feel like Shadow Hearts may be a little less conventional a title than Lost Odyssey and more of what I'm hoping to find at the moment.

Additionally on the bithday gaming agenda I have Red Dead Redemption on deck. Suggested by Dice, I am fairly certain I'm gonna really love this one. My second favorite theme/timeframe/setting is the wild west due to a strange obsession I had with Doc Holiday when I was a kid.

EDIT: Mind you, in spite of my best intentions, I may still (as a creature of habbit and compulsion) feel the inherent need to polish off escha and logy before touching anything else anyhow. I hope I'm strong enough to do otherwise.... but if the past has taught me anything about myself it is that I am a victim of self-punishing tendencies that run deep enough to disrupt both personal desire and better judgement. LoL
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 09:18:41 PM by Klyde Chroma » Logged

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1165 on: June 03, 2014, 09:42:08 PM »

Reached level 13 in Wildstar tonight! So happy that this game doesn't throw levels at you left and right like FFXIV did. A lot of the music in this game is absolutely brilliant, which is just another thing to add to the huge list of everything about this game that is brilliant.

I also restarted Paper Mario 2 this week. I never finished it before so I figured what the heck, I was in the mood for something different anyway.
Klyde Chroma
Lvl. 7 Fruity Ninja and Dincrest groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1166 on: June 03, 2014, 10:56:38 PM »

I was in the mood for something different anyway.

Seems to be the air good sir.

NOTE: See my aforementioned ramblings above ^^

Actually I've had the taste for something different for a few months now... The last few years of NIS titles wore me down.LoL

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1167 on: June 03, 2014, 11:28:00 PM »

GTASA - Did another Catalina mission. The one with the quadbikes. I know you don't HAVE to use the quadbikes but I did because they're funner. Catalina's an entertaining character so it sucks she dies in GTAIII. oh welp.

I want GTAV now. Think I might hold out to see if it gets a PC port, idk. Theoretically I could go out and get a really good desktop PC right now -- I easily have 2k I could just freely blow on whatever right now, and I could probably get something way more than I need for like half that -- but... eh.

Generally I'm pretty nonplussed about modern gaming, I can't really think of enough PS3 games I'd want to justify going that route, and I'd probably need a new TV anyway since I can barely read the text in Xenoblade in what I've got, as it is.

Desktop PC would have more general utility, but PC gamers are really douchey these days.

Gothic - Hit level 2. Need to get hunting skills soonish. Or find out how to get my strength up. Also I got new pants. Also it seems like it works without the discs in the drive. Anyway I would say that Gothic 2 is definitely better but this game is still really good and has a more unique atmosphere.

Suikoden 3 - Haven't played this today, just a general comment -- the story in this game /really/ works for me for some reason. No idea why. Can't think of anything particularly technically well down or /different/ about it. Just has this naturalness to it that a lot of video game writing seems to lack. I think Trinity Sight helps with that, since, for example, you get to see Leo being this posturing asshole, but also a total dingus, in different contexts.

Also I found out that the beta patches for Hardwar, which don't really work with my PC, mostly add stuff intended for online play so I don't need them anyway. Ergo I... might start playing Hardwar sometime.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1168 on: June 04, 2014, 03:29:58 AM »

Continuing through Nier. I've finished up every sidequest currently available save for Yonah's Watermelon request as well as upgrading the Beastbane sword to level 2 (maybe not the best idea, but if I recall correctly, it is the best weapon prior to the timeskip and worth upgrading in preparation for the next two dungeons), and am ready to high-tell it to the Fac(ad)e.

Also, since its been close to a year since I've put in for that SMTIV x FE:Awakening promotion (and subsequently generated a bunch of Club Nintendo coins) and since one of the digital rewards was 3D Classics Kirby's Adventure, and since I'm sitting on an assload of unregistered coins, I figured "Why not now?". So I did. Then I got and played the game. Then I beat it. Now I just have to wait for the verification e-mail to come in and I'll be set.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
OrsonFury

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1169 on: June 05, 2014, 12:32:30 PM »

Opening a few new areas and quests in Lightning Returns. Currently frustrated with the clock management. I thought I had accomplished enough side/main quests to buy me some time with the tree, but the last two times I've checked in with the Arc, I had lost two days. ::Queue, wan wan sound:: So I'm down to three days left. Question for the veteran Lightning Returns players: If I accomplish a main quest or a three-four star quest will that buy me a day? Also, what happens at zero/days/hours left? Game over screen? Lol....

Playing: SMTIV (3DS).
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 153 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: