Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 24, 2014, 11:40:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338152 Posts in 13843 Topics by 2214 Members
Latest Member: CoreSignal
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Game Journals
| | |-+  A Game Journal Reborn
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 169 Print
Author Topic: A Game Journal Reborn  (Read 72894 times)
Klyde Chroma
LVL 12. Obsessive Compulsive Fruity Assassin

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1500 on: July 23, 2014, 12:19:37 AM »

Hey does anyone know how many unique skills I can equip per character in Breath of Fire 4? I don't want to max my list and screw myself out of the ability to learn more so I'm only keeping 4 or 5 on each character to be safe but I know the limit stated at the beginning was higher....

Already tried doing a search for the info and realized pretty quick I was gonna run into spoilers so I WILL NOT check boards/faqs for this info.

Thanks a bunch (ahead of time) for anyone who digs up the info for me!

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1501 on: July 23, 2014, 01:30:48 AM »

Hey does anyone know how many unique skills I can equip per character in Breath of Fire 4? I don't want to max my list and screw myself out of the ability to learn more so I'm only keeping 4 or 5 on each character to be safe but I know the limit stated at the beginning was higher....

Already tried doing a search for the info and realized pretty quick I was gonna run into spoilers so I WILL NOT check boards/faqs for this info.

I've seen no mention of any skill limit in this game, so I suspect that you are good to go (unless it works like in BoF3 and you can only ever have one copy of any given skill learned).

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1502 on: July 23, 2014, 07:28:01 AM »

Really? I thought she looked incredibly bland and generic. Like maybe by Tales of standards, she's better than some of the other female leads, but that's seriously not saying a lot.
I didn't say she had a creative design creative, I just said I liked her design.

So a bit further into Dawn of the New World. Oh my god this game sucks. Emil still is a horrible character. Marta is a one note joke that lost its humor a while ago. I've apparently hatched two Centurion's who aren't going to make any appearance or impact. Raine feels completely out of character. The fact that the game is continually harping on Emil's hatred for Lloyd just makes me like him less. About the only good thing I can think to say about the game is that I like Marta's character design.

I bought Chronicles too thinking probably like you that I'd like to play this to see what the whole brouhaha was about.
Reading your 'as you play' review makes me not even want to try it myself now. Everything sounds really bad.
It reminds me of Gundam SEED Destiny in the sense that they made a sequel where the new lead is a prick who just keeps on badmouthing the old lead you know and like.
Yeah, if I were you I wouldn't bother. I am only playing it at this point to get trophies, not because I enjoy it. And honestly the thing about the game that is bugging me the most at the moment (besides the main character sucking) is that this story makes no sense in the world of Symphonia/Phantasia. The Centurions are just so superfluous when we already have summon spirits. I don't get why they thought this was the plot they should go with.
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1503 on: July 23, 2014, 08:16:30 AM »

Finally was able to log in to Hearthstone and check out the new content!

The bosses were fun and I liked the rewards, but... It's not that much to it. I already cleared the first wing (including the extra challenges, if anyone wants deck suggestions, let me know). I had been planning on paying actual money for this, but I think I'll stick to saving up gold...
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1504 on: July 23, 2014, 05:11:01 PM »

Started on F.E.A.R 2. It's way more focused on the plot than the first game and at least now the flashlight doesn't run out. On the flip side, no more quicksaves or any kind of manual saves for that matter. Its just checkpoints... The mouse settings are pretty bad as well, might need to mess about with the ini files like I had to with Bioshock.

NOW PLAYING:
Final Fantasy XIII: The time has come...
Edna & Harvey: The Breakout: Its...Odd...
One Finger Death Punch: F*ck Yeah! - The game
Klyde Chroma
LVL 12. Obsessive Compulsive Fruity Assassin

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1505 on: July 23, 2014, 05:42:21 PM »

I've seen no mention of any skill limit in this game, so I suspect that you are good to go (unless it works like in BoF3 and you can only ever have one copy of any given skill learned).

I figured it out. There is a limit, and the limit is 9 skills. Additionally, you are correct about the "one copy" so far as I could tell. Unless I am completely missing something, you only get one of each added to the list of skills available to equip to characters.

Just discovered last night I could learn skills with Fou (during his segments) that are available to Ryu once the game switches you back to your main party. I don't know if you are supposed to do this or not but gee golly did I end up with 2 pretty powerful skills (Ebonfire and Blitz).

While I'm talking BoFIV I would like to throw out some random thoughts.

-I LOVE the Fou man! Great character thus far. Unless they completely botch it, the way they have written him in up to the 20 hour mark for me has made him very sympathetic while still being damn near "Sephiroth-type" of cool and badass.

-I caught a "beat all" line come out of Cray last night. Cray is NOT Rei. Cray will never be Rei. There be only one feline in the BoF universe who can and should ever say "beat all" effectively, though I take it more as the writers clever reference to Rei's use of the verbage than anything else.

-There is an "hdmi black" setting on my TV that, once turned off, drastically improves the visual quality of PS1 games it seems..... I wish I discovered this earler.

-Lastly, who signed off on these dragons!!!??? Dragons huh...Really...????? The text says dragon, the sprites/dragon models say something completely different if you ask me. They should have run strictly with the term "Endless" IMO. The narrative DOES make appropriate their visual distinction from typical Dragons but the term proves jarring to me none-the-less.

In other news, I got an itch to pop Dragon's Crown back in (haven't played it since release at which point I beat "normal" mode with an elf) and start a Wizard. Man, he is much harder to use than my Elf was... that is all I have to say about that.

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.

Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1506 on: July 23, 2014, 05:58:44 PM »

While I'm talking BoFIV I would like to throw out some random thoughts.

-I LOVE the Fou man! Great character thus far. Unless they completely botch it, the way they have written him in up to the 20 hour mark for me has made him very sympathetic while still being damn near "Sephiroth-type" of cool and badass.

They don't botch, it only gets better (depending on what the "20 hour mark" is...been a while)

-I caught a "beat all" line come out of Cray last night. Cray is NOT Rei. Cray will never be Rei. There be only one feline in the BoF universe who can and should ever say "beat all" effectively, though I take it more as the writers clever reference to Rei's use of the verbage than anything else.

I never liked Cray that much.  He was cool but too pedestrian to be very interesting. 

-Lastly, who signed off on these dragons!!!??? Dragons huh...Really...????? The text says dragon, the sprites/dragon models say something completely different if you ask me. They should have run strictly with the term "Endless" IMO. The narrative DOES make appropriate their visual distinction from typical Dragons but the term proves jarring to me none-the-less.

Aw, cut it some slack!  The game has wonderfully 'unique' dragons that try to test what it means to be a "dragon" and a "god".  Or, more specifically, I like how they work on the environment; it's not just a RED DRAGON who breathes FIRE, it's not just a PURPAL DRAGON that 'breathes' lightning.  (which reminds me, I loved the BoF3 "hybrid" dragons between Ryu and another party member...awesome to play a tiger-striped dragon)

The water dragon looks like a gigantic mollusk.  The mud dragon has you see its innards through its clear skinned snake with almost tatooed-on eyes.  The sand dragon looks like a sandworm with wings.  The grass dragon wraps its tail around a rock like it's about to fly away. 

Oh and UDON is releasing the BoF series artbook
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2013-07-19/udon-ent-to-release-breath-of-fire-devil-may-cry-resident-evil-6-darkstalkers-artbooks
I've owned it for years and it is seriously one of my favorites.  Despite the dubious quality of their games as of late, CAPCOM still hires some amazing talent.

And also, fun fact, this game has one of those rare instances where a real classical song (or rather, a made-for-game version) plays during an important part.  I'm afraid telling you what it is, oddly enough, is a slight spoiler.

In other news, I got an itch to pop Dragon's Crown back in (haven't played it since release at which point I beat "normal" mode with an elf) and start a Wizard. Man, he is much harder to use than my Elf was... that is all I have to say about that.

Seriously, after playing it safe with the Witch, the Amazon is where it's at.  She's a fucking jack hammer.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1507 on: July 23, 2014, 07:46:37 PM »

What Dice said and I think the term dragon is used more as the descriptor for immortal / god / force of nature in this game.

Agni Dragon also was pretty unique looking in BoF1.

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1508 on: July 23, 2014, 08:12:29 PM »

I did the math today, and if I want to finish all of Senran Kagura Burst's missions (twice, once for an A rating and again for Frantic Clear) by the time Shinovi Versus is reported to come out, I need to clear 24 missions a day. I'm really enjoying it now that I've unlocked some new moves, but man do I regret setting it aside for Bravely Default.
Monsoon
Electric Mayhem
Contributing Editor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1509 on: July 23, 2014, 08:19:51 PM »

GODDAMN A Link Between Worlds is good.  I want Ravio in every Zelda ever.  Selling something.  Anything.  Let him sell sandwiches.  The dude's great. 

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1510 on: July 23, 2014, 08:33:35 PM »

What Dice said and I think the term dragon is used more as the descriptor for immortal / god / force of nature in this game.

Agni Dragon also was pretty unique looking in BoF1.

To be fair, the early dragon stages usually look like your typical dragons. Its the later ones that get weird/awesome.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1511 on: July 24, 2014, 07:23:50 AM »

So made progress in Dawn of the New World....it still sucks. I don't expected anything different. Marta had temporarily stopped her whole Emil obsession and instead gone into melodrama mode.....I think I preferred her in Emil obsession mode. I think the melodrama is over now though so I'm sure I'm about to regret that preference. At this point I think I just have two chapters +one dungeon left. I pray that the remainder is quick. I so wish this game had holy bottles. x_x
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1512 on: July 24, 2014, 02:41:51 PM »

Persona 4 Golden finally picked the pace back up for plot. Been enjoying it again. Just finished doing the concert in Junes, which was actually a pretty cool scene. I'm hoping the plot opens up a bit more about the killer now and stops tiptoeing around it. I feel like there was some fat that could have been trimmed. Almost up to 50 hours. Yeesh.

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1513 on: July 24, 2014, 09:21:59 PM »

Persona 4 vanilla took me 155 hours to complete, but I RP the hell out of those games, just hanging around the dorm/house in the evenings and other stuff.
Monsoon
Electric Mayhem
Contributing Editor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1514 on: July 24, 2014, 09:54:50 PM »

More XenoBlade and ALBW.  Just reached Frontier Village in the former and I've rescued three Sages in the latter (Thieves Hideout, Desert Palace, and Turtle Rock).  Both of these games ****ing rock.  Much better follow-ups to the kinda disappointing Arkham City. 

Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 169 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: