Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2014, 04:55:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334755 Posts in 13709 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  A Game Journal Reborn
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 152 Print
Author Topic: A Game Journal Reborn  (Read 63330 times)
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2014, 08:13:43 PM »

Moving along in ALBW. Tower of Hera was a fun dungeon, but a bit short. Boss was easy, too.
I got lost in the Lost Woods. I suck at keeping an eye on multiple ghosts at the same time. It took me numerous tries. I finally did get through, and now I have the Master Sword. Yay!

Playing: TWD Season 2, Alan Wake
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2014, 08:17:18 PM »

DanganRonpa Trial 4 cleared, the plot thickens.

Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2014, 08:40:48 PM »

Mark of the Ninja is pretty good.  2D stealth is better than 3D stealth, I've discovered. 

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2014, 09:03:17 PM »

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots:

Got the Alta´r costume (I said Ezio in the previous thread) and one silver trophy.

Now, I'm trying to figure out how to get the Big Boss emblem for the next playthrough...
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 12:24:48 PM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2014, 09:09:56 PM »

The Walking Dead

Beat episode 3. Really loving the game so far.

Only have a few minor complaints. I don't know if it is just the Vita version but I have ran into a few bugs. Guns suddenly disappearing from hands and Lee's head suddenly vanishes and he walks through a truck in the panic event at the start of episode 2.

The eyes are a bit freaky but I love the character designs. I don't know if it is true or not but only the choice at the end of episode 1 seems to have had any major changes on the story so far. Maybe it will change soon.

solidbatman
Zetsubou Sensei

The real me exists on the internet!

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2014, 09:38:47 PM »

I managed to land the Ar Tonelico II box set in basically Brand New condition for a decent price. Now I have an excuse to buy the first one!

Draak

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2014, 09:46:03 PM »

Woah, new journal topic!

Thanks to the GOG giveaway last year I'm playing the original Fallout. I wasn't enjoying much until I hit the Boneyard. That Cathedral was way creepy and idk why but it reminded me of Orwell's "1984". Unfortunately my visit triggered the super mutants random encounters, which keep wiping me out. Or maybe I'm terrible at character building because the same thing happened in New Vegas. To make things worse I can't get into the Brotherhood camp to get the power armor training in order to alleviate the issue. Maybe it's karma for blowing them up in NV.

Went back to MH3 Ultimate after messing around in Freedom Unite. I'm really fond of third gen, even if underwater battles are iffy. Whereas FU was at times akin to a puzzle game, 3U feels more organic and reactive.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2014, 11:31:45 PM »

Castlevania LOS can go fuck itself.

Those Titan battles are horrendously fucking cheap. It's physically impossible to avoid those fucking hands while you're fighting and I've lost those battles simply because I'm continuously swatted away like a fly. After the 17th or 18th time in a row of trying to do the same move and being flicked to the ground, I am fucking exasperated. I only paid $12 for it, so hopefully I can at least break even.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Wild Armor
Observer

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2014, 11:48:32 PM »

WA2: I forgot how there are some monsters can mess you up if you aren't ready.

Avatar Author's sig: Let me know if you know this author. :)
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2014, 11:52:26 PM »

WA2: I forgot how there are some monsters can mess you up if you aren't ready.

Man I miss this series.
Combining the two most opposite things worked so well (western + jrg)

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2014, 03:40:13 AM »

Tales of Xillia - I'm at the Sapstrath Seahaven, roughly 4-5 hours in. I have to say Graces F has ruined every other Tales game for me, because while I am enjoying the battle system in Xillia...it's still not Graces F's battle system.

For a character that fights with his fists, Jude is pretty good and I'm glad that he can heal without wasting a lot of TP, but I had more fun playing with Legendia's Senel.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2014, 04:12:33 AM »

Tales of Xillia - I'm at the Sapstrath Seahaven, roughly 4-5 hours in. I have to say Graces F has ruined every other Tales game for me, because while I am enjoying the battle system in Xillia...it's still not Graces F's battle system.

Amen.

Tales of Symphonia: Shit, I accidentally started the 'hard route'.

mecharobot

Thunder of the dogs! INDIGNATION

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2014, 05:24:28 AM »

I've got my Tales of Symphonia Chronicles yesterday too and a near catastrophic tv-failure, which I hope I've managed to fix for now. Reminds me that these don't necessarily last for more than 4-5 years these days. Wish I had money and I'd buy a more quality brand one than LG.

Anyway, the game. It is a bit more archaic than I was expecting. Reminds me that not all stuff of ps2 gen was FF or VP2 level productions, but that is just me being stupid. Oh well, no big deal. There are some issues such as getting stuck in the walls which provide minor annoyances, the world map movement also seems unnecessarily tedious. This battle system also really isn't 3D isn't it? The story is also a bit too... hmmm, build around unnecessary devices that I don't really care about and it already threw at me a five character party that I don't even feel like I know half of. Overall, I hope it balances out a bit. I'm really only hoping for a basic entertaining ride spiced with stupid, yet entertaining things to do. Will continue playing in a few hours.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: March 01, 2014, 09:36:30 AM »

Symphonia's battle system can be 3D, but as far as the player is concerned, its strictly 2D (which, when I think about it, annoyed the crap out of me back when I played through it).

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: March 01, 2014, 12:14:47 PM »

Symphonia's battle system can be 3D, but as far as the player is concerned, its strictly 2D (which, when I think about it, annoyed the crap out of me back when I played through it).

IIRC the party can move better (ie; in "3d") while Lloyd-o (or whoever is 1P) is stuck within the "left-right" dimension.  Bugged me too and I kept trying to free run.  That's what bugs me.  Abyss of course made things too easy as soon as it had free run.  ...Go figure.

I'm wondering how Zesteria is gonna play out.  I'd like to think the developers have made pretty logical progressions in the series that still retain enough "Tales-ness" to keep people happy.

I've got my Tales of Symphonia Chronicles yesterday too and a near catastrophic tv-failure, which I hope I've managed to fix for now. Reminds me that these don't necessarily last for more than 4-5 years these days. Wish I had money and I'd buy a more quality brand one than LG.

Anyway, the game. It is a bit more archaic than I was expecting. Reminds me that not all stuff of ps2 gen was FF or VP2 level productions, but that is just me being stupid. Oh well, no big deal. There are some issues such as getting stuck in the walls which provide minor annoyances, the world map movement also seems unnecessarily tedious. This battle system also really isn't 3D isn't it? The story is also a bit too... hmmm, build around unnecessary devices that I don't really care about and it already threw at me a five character party that I don't even feel like I know half of. Overall, I hope it balances out a bit. I'm really only hoping for a basic entertaining ride spiced with stupid, yet entertaining things to do. Will continue playing in a few hours.

As for the rest of the problems, little I can say other than, well, the game is archaic because it is old.  I suppose Star Ocean 3 had a better grip of real-time battle (released the same year too, I think) and the series has since "complicated it up" to be much better.

Characters are extremely fleshed out, just give it time if you can.  Things sort of "stay simple" among the characters as the plot "plays nice", but as soon as things get complicated after you go to the Seals, you get more out of them.  Most complaints plot-wise were because this game felt too much like FFX at the time otherwise.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 152 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: