Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2014, 06:49:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332705 Posts in 13630 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  A Game Journal Reborn
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 139 Print
Author Topic: A Game Journal Reborn  (Read 56581 times)
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #540 on: April 02, 2014, 11:48:23 AM »

I've been dabbling Khimari in a bit of everyone's path on the Expert sphere grid, just moving him in sort of an outward spiral (of death).
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #541 on: April 02, 2014, 12:40:00 PM »

I don't like Kimahri, but since you have that 2 on 1 battle I had to sub him in alot. I chose Lulu's path until I got drain. Made that fight a breeze. 600 damage and HP healed a turn.

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #542 on: April 02, 2014, 12:44:48 PM »

I wonder if anyone on team FFX ever commented on why they went with 7 characters and 6 roles.
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #543 on: April 02, 2014, 01:42:58 PM »

Did anyone else choose the expert sphere grid though? Makes it easier to form characters into whatever role you want, unlike the regular sphere grid.

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #544 on: April 02, 2014, 01:49:10 PM »

Did anyone else choose the expert sphere grid though? Makes it easier to form characters into whatever role you want, unlike the regular sphere grid.

I was too much of a pussy to go a "new and exotic" route.  Plus I figured there wasn't too much point since they all specialize anyways, except for Kimahri.  But...then again, it might help with some of the other glaring character faults I've been getting...HMMMM

I don't like Kimahri, but since you have that 2 on 1 battle I had to sub him in alot. I chose Lulu's path until I got drain. Made that fight a breeze. 600 damage and HP healed a turn.

I like him a bit more now for not being a "snowflake".  I definitely think it sucks hot garbage that his Ronso Rage is only available during the kinda rare Overlimit occasion.  Wtf good is that??  I'd rather spend a ton of MP to use it whenever I want.

I'm more stuck with what to do with Rikku.  Her defence and attack are garbage, is she really just around to steal and throw?  I guess that's not bad... but early/mid game enemies aren't really yielding high rewards.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #545 on: April 02, 2014, 02:22:10 PM »

I was too much of a pussy to go a "new and exotic" route.  Plus I figured there wasn't too much point since they all specialize anyways, except for Kimahri.  But...then again, it might help with some of the other glaring character faults I've been getting...HMMMM

I like him a bit more now for not being a "snowflake".  I definitely think it sucks hot garbage that his Ronso Rage is only available during the kinda rare Overlimit occasion.  Wtf good is that??  I'd rather spend a ton of MP to use it whenever I want.

I'm more stuck with what to do with Rikku.  Her defence and attack are garbage, is she really just around to steal and throw?  I guess that's not bad... but early/mid game enemies aren't really yielding high rewards.

Kimahri would be a great character if you could use his abilities outside of overdrive, but he can't and he sucks lol. Rikku I sent straight through Auron's route when hers was finished. She does about 3,000 damage right now (which sounds good, but when my regular party does 30,000 - 99,999, it's terrible). She really is only good for stealing, and once you get other characters that ability well... yeah I got nothing lol.

Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #546 on: April 02, 2014, 02:26:31 PM »

Finally finished disc 3 on Lost Odyssey, man that last boss battle was no freaking joke. Gotta love a boss that is immune to magic when your party consists of three magic users and a piss poor melee fighter. Twenty-five ,minutes later and countless heal spells I won.

Everything's Eventual
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #547 on: April 02, 2014, 02:33:35 PM »

Finally finished disc 3 on Lost Odyssey, man that last boss battle was no freaking joke. Gotta love a boss that is immune to magic when your party consists of three magic users and a piss poor melee fighter. Twenty-five ,minutes later and countless heal spells I won.

At least you had that awesome final battle theme tearing this apart in the back which was some sort of rock-opera and rap solo.

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #548 on: April 02, 2014, 08:51:43 PM »

Just finished the Miasma dungeon in ToX. Dare I say that the dungeon was--wait for it--mildly interesting. If only the rest of the dungeons were at least that interesting to navigate. Finally got all my shops to lvl 80. I have a feeling the last 20 levels are going to be a nightmare.

I do enjoy the writing in the game, it certainly is on par with the writing in past titles. I especially like the one-time Not-a-skit dialogue bits that play on their own (not to be confused with the same ones that you hear 50 billion times) I just heard the 500,000 gald one, and it got a chortle out of me.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #549 on: April 03, 2014, 12:27:15 AM »

Suik 3 - I really wish the story segments were skippable in this.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #550 on: April 03, 2014, 12:28:54 AM »

Suik 3 - I really wish the story segments were skippable in this.

But they're amazing.  It's like watching stop-motion Play D'oh people talking to each other as you hear every crunchy/muddy movement they make.

Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #551 on: April 03, 2014, 06:50:24 AM »

Not sure what I'm going to be playing next. Maybe Dynasty Warriors 8 Xtreme Legends? Sort of curious about the Lu Bu faction storyline.

Will you pursue Lu Bu('s Daughter)?
That seems like it would be a horrible idea. She would break me like a twig.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #552 on: April 03, 2014, 09:53:51 AM »

Kimahri would be a great character if you could use his abilities outside of overdrive, but he can't and he sucks lol. Rikku I sent straight through Auron's route when hers was finished. She does about 3,000 damage right now (which sounds good, but when my regular party does 30,000 - 99,999, it's terrible). She really is only good for stealing, and once you get other characters that ability well... yeah I got nothing lol.

The problem with Kimhari really lies in the question of what do you do with him (once he gets done with his mini-grid in the Classic Grid)? His choices are:
Tidus - Second sudo all-rounder who really isn't good at anything except eventually buffing and will be behind in nabbing Tidus's better buffs (plus how many Hastagas do you need?).
Wakka - Additional Ranger archetype with a second set of debuffs early on in case Wakka's doesn't stick and high stats in HP/Strength/Accuracy and decent everything else not named Spirit.
Lulu - High Defense, Magic, Spirit, and Evade and a second set of elemental spells/MP pool. Wont have Lulu's Fury Overdrive though.
Yuna - (Early in International Grid) secondary Healer and High Magic, will be behind (massively behind in CG) but for some reason magic is single target only (outside of Ultima?) and Yuna has a rather disappointing amount of MP nodes making this one of Kimhari's better choices (and Lancet can keep his heal slinging running long after Yuna petters out).
Auron - Inferior copy to (why bother in CG). High Strength and HP at least, plus he can actually copy his Piercing gimmick unlike everyone else.
Rikku - Can get Steal/Use before getting Rikku. Otherwise High Agility and shit everything else and wont have Rikku's Mix Overdrive either.

His best option in IG is to go straight into Yuna's grid after stopping off to pick up Lulu's basic elemental spells and at least Yuna's Esuna, then follow her until either Cura or Dispel then make a break for Rikku's line so you'll have a fast healer who can Mug (he can also swing by and pick up Steal/Use then head back to Yuna's line for Dispel; or he can stick with her line until Full Life then follow Yuna into either Holy or Double Cast).

His best options in CG is to not bother with leveling until a Level 1 Keysphere drops during Mi'ihen Highroad, then either beeline it to Wakka's and inevitably Lulu's grid then weave between the two or beeline it into Rikku's grid for early Steal capability while out Rikku'ing Rikku (statwise).

The tl;dr is that Kimhari sucks in CG, but is actually halfway decent in IG.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #553 on: April 03, 2014, 10:01:58 AM »

You talk like Lulu's Fury overdrive is useful.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #554 on: April 03, 2014, 12:02:44 PM »

You talk like Lulu's Fury overdrive is useful.

I'm confused about that...
(1a) Why does it do so little damage
(1b) Who thought that was a good idea?
(2) Why the fuck can't I do more than 8 rotations???

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 139 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: