Author Topic: A Game Journal Reborn  (Read 1965110 times)

Monsoon

• Electric Mayhem
  • RPGFan Editor
    • View Profile
    • Can't Stop the Monsoon
Re: A Game Journal Reborn
« Reply #585 on: April 05, 2014, 04:08:07 PM »
Doing some power-leveling in the sewer stage in DDS1.  Of course there's a ****ing sewer stage.  At first I hated Cielo, then I got him going on the Hama-Kaja paths, and now I'm actually okay with Cielo.  Mixing up my party a lot, but I'm mostly using Serph-Argilla-Gale, but I might switch out Argilla for Cielo eventually.  Don't rule it out. 

Klutz64

• I Like Wacky Hats
  • May Your Heart be Your Guiding Key
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: April 05, 2014, 09:39:16 PM »
Finally, after a year of playing maybe an hour every other week or so, I've made it through my Evil/Hard playthrough of the original inFamous. Now, once my current projects have cleared up a bit, I can finally move on to inFamous 2.

Speaking of which if the final dungeon isn't too long I might be able to finish Tales of Xillia tonight as well.

CluelessWonder

• View Profile
« Reply #587 on: April 06, 2014, 03:04:54 AM »
Fate/Extra -  Round 6 and I died fighting a Nephilim at the end of the dungeon.  Gah.  Also although the voice acting is in Japanese, I still hear English words during battles.  I swear I can hear Saber say "alcohol coconut!"  and  "Rich cool duck!"
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 03:32:56 AM by CluelessWonder »
Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief

Dice

• I'm fart and I'm smunny
  • AMG A GIRL
  • RPGFan and Dice forever...
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt site!  Come, stay, laugh, cry.
« Reply #588 on: April 06, 2014, 04:39:44 AM »
Speaking of which if the final dungeon isn't too long I might be able to finish Tales of Xillia tonight as well.

The final dungeon is literally ten minutes long.  You can do it!
And don't bother with secret dungeon.  It's gross, redundant, derivative, lazy, and boring.

Final Fantasy X

= Aww, make out scene.  If it isn't the goddamn cutest thing that they hold hands after I don't know what is. 
= Home: "I'm annoying, huh?!"
= The sequence of how the party escapes Bevelle is...uh, vague.
= On that note, the whole Bevelle sequence is kinda awkward, but I think it's more about the spoiler about who's alive and who's dead that kinda throws you for a loop (the underwater boss takes that point home, IMO).
= I had to restart from previous saves twice to get missed Albhed Primers.  But I love understanding their weirdo language, so I must!  Redoing Bevelle's Cloister was part of that.  I hate that one... it's not tough, but the controls are kinda pissy to deal with.  And speaking of pissy controls...
= Choco racing can, once again (9 year anniversary) suck my metaphoric penis.  I just wish the birds weren't equipped with homing-AI.
http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!

Jimmy

• Wakens the Ferine Strain
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: April 06, 2014, 06:06:56 AM »
Alright, I rounded up the last few djinn and summons that I could get in Golden Sun: Dark Dawn, and I've used Obaba at Champa to forge some my raw materials into cool stuff. I permanently missed two djinn and two summons. Oh well. I did go to the Endless Wall, and to the Apollo Sanctum where I picked up the Sol Sword. I then used it to go back and get the last two summons. The Ancient Devil in Otka Island was a pretty tricky little jerk. He kept stealing healers that I would then have to kill so they'd stop healing him. Good thing he never stole Matthew since his Revive psynergy was a godsend. There was one turn where he summoned Haures twice and I only survived by the skin of my teeth, but I made it. The Guardian Trolls in the Lava Island Cave were nowhere near as challenging and I wiped them out pretty quickly with Rief's psynergy and the Azul summon.

Anyway, I'm rested up in Tonfon and will head back to the Endless Wall/Apollo Sanctum later today to hopefully finish up the game.

Klutz64

• I Like Wacky Hats
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: April 06, 2014, 10:09:01 AM »

= The sequence of how the party escapes Bevelle is...uh, vague.

"Nobody has ever made it out of this maze that's essentially just a square with some dead ends branching off"

And yes, that final dungeon in ToX was depressingly short. And the ending wasn't exactly explained. Milla's like "I'm doing this!" and the rest of the party is like "Oh.. okay." and the audience is like "Um... why?" I might got back and get a few grade points for if I decide to play through as Jude (I mean, I have literally 799/800 random treasures for Loot Lord)

Blace

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: April 06, 2014, 10:23:22 AM »
Hey Klutz, whats your PSN ID? Wouldn't mind adding you.

Finished up the initial sphere grid with Tidus so now I'm farming strength spheres from the Arena to max out his strength (which will take about 12 more I think). After that I'm not sure what to max out. Leaning towards defense I guess. Beat a couple of blitzball games. It's so boring now. I literally was up 10-0 a little after the half... I wish their was a mercy rule it would make this much less time consuming lol.

Klutz64

• I Like Wacky Hats
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: April 06, 2014, 10:33:11 AM »
PSN ID is same as my forum name here. Feel free to add me!

Annubis

• ee yan~☆
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: April 06, 2014, 12:31:03 PM »
So I've unlocked 5 ships in 2 days.
I really like this new method of unlocking for FTL.

The old method is actually still there too, so if you're lucky you can get the ships like that too.

solidbatman

• Zetsubou Sensei
  • The real me exists on the internet!
    • View Profile
    • Fuwanovel
« Reply #594 on: April 06, 2014, 12:35:14 PM »
Started Fire Emblem Awakening last night. First hour impressions: very good. Never have been big into the SRPG genre so we'll see how this goes.

MeshGearFox

• HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: April 06, 2014, 03:14:28 PM »
Suik 3 - Played more of Geddoe's chapter.

- Fight with Borus is sort of bullshit. Sure, it's optional, but I got locked into not being able to heal before Geddoe and Queen left the party. Ggg.

That being said, I'm really enjoying Geddoe's chapter. Stuff's starting to open up now, the characters are interesting, it's been more in the Grassland areas which are a *looooooooooot* more interesting than Vinay del Zexa and Brass Castle.

So yeah, in summary:

Hugo - :D
Geddoe - :D
Chris - >:C ffff
o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

CluelessWonder

• View Profile
« Reply #596 on: April 06, 2014, 05:41:37 PM »
Just finished The Secret of Chateau de Moreau.   It is an ios adventure game kinda like the PW games in that you are accused of a crime and must investigate and present evidence.  There are also puzzles to solve.  The cast of characters is large  and it has 40 different endings.  Along with many bad endings, I got the normal ending which left many questions.  To get the true ending I'd have to replay the game and though I liked the game, I have no desire to.   I'd recommend this game to mystery/adventure gamers.

Currently Reading: 

Bytor

• Ego Enhancement Consultant
  • Hiding in Inaba
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: April 06, 2014, 07:07:38 PM »
Started Fire Emblem Awakening last night. First hour impressions: very good. Never have been big into the SRPG genre so we'll see how this goes.

I can guess
Everything's Eventual

Blace

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: April 06, 2014, 07:31:20 PM »
Been maxing stats in FFX today. Tidus has max STR, DEF, and MDEF. Trying to work on Agility, but the damn arena monster that drops it has ridiculous evasion. Accuracy is pointless too so I'm not sure what to do. Got Triple AP weapons for every character as well.

CluelessWonder

• View Profile
« Reply #599 on: April 06, 2014, 08:53:45 PM »
Just finished The Year Walk.  It proved what I've always known:  I am tone deaf.  Also I've never dropped acid, but I suspect playing the game is a good simulation of it.  I got the regular ending and the true ending, both were depressing.  I need to play/watch something happy.

Currently Reading: