Author Topic: A Game Journal Reborn

Blace

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
Re: A Game Journal Reborn
« Reply #720 on: April 14, 2014, 05:30:58 PM »
Wow I totally just one-shotted Nemesis with Yojimbo's Zanmato. I was probably going to beat it anyway, but I switched over to him to absorb Nemesis' huge damage move and paid him a couple thousand for fun. So legit haha. Now on to Penance.

MeshGearFox

• HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: April 14, 2014, 08:29:00 PM »
Quote from: Darilon link=topic=13646.msg328970#msg328970 date=1397341364
That seems a bit extreme. It isn't any stranger than collecting stamps or books.[/quote

I'm guessing here, but I assume he's more annoyed with people who collect to re-sell and gouge the people who want to collect just to play.

OH MY GOD HOW DID YOU EVEN.

I NEED A GROWNUP.

Shining Force 3 - Finished Quonus mansion fight, got Noon, and talked to the robot.

I ended up having Eldar finishthe fight. Eldar, who could do all of 1 HP damage to the Vandal, managed to get the last hit when it was exactly at 1HP.

I think I lost three dudes in that fight (Hayward, Masqurin, and... probably Cybel? Oh and I lost Kahn too, definitely. Maybe it was just those three.) I somehow didn't*. Also Obright managed to not die despite having 1HP left for, uh, almost the entire time I opened the door with the Vandal in it.

Anyway I noticed that both the skeletons and Dantares were crit'ing a lot. IDK if it was SSF being weird or if skeletons just crit a lot.

Also my god, the liches. I'm not going to say that SF3 is an extremely hard game, but if it decides it wants you dead it doesn't fuck around.

* I have no idea what this sentence is referring too, sorry.

--- edit ---

Suikoden 3 - BRANKY :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 11:05:02 PM by MeshGearFox »
o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Blace

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: April 14, 2014, 09:01:04 PM »
So I'm 2/2 on Zanmato now. Tried it on Dark Bahamut and it worked on the first try. WTF? I'm going to try it again on Dark Yojimbo to see if it works. This feels like cheating lol.

Edit: Ok I'm getting freaked out. Either I am the luckiest person in the world or my game is broken because I'm 3/3. Killed Dark Yojimbo on the first try as well.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 09:17:19 PM by Blace »

mecharobot

• Trombe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: April 14, 2014, 10:01:59 PM »
Zanmato isn't hard to trigger at all and it only gets more probable the more you use Yojimbo and you can also get a boost with Yuna's overdrive. Truly the most broken thing in FF X. You need to kill Dark Yojimbo more than once without saving in between iirc, making him essentially the hardest boss in the game if he happens to kill off your Yojimbo.

Blace

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: April 14, 2014, 10:13:17 PM »
Zanmato isn't hard to trigger at all and it only gets more probable the more you use Yojimbo and you can also get a boost with Yuna's overdrive. Truly the most broken thing in FF X. You need to kill Dark Yojimbo more than once without saving in between iirc, making him essentially the hardest boss in the game if he happens to kill off your Yojimbo.

Yep just realized that because I beat him once and saved and just started it back up and had to redo the first battle. Kind of dumb. He killed my Yojimbo this time too.

Dice

• I'm fart and I'm smunny
  • AMG A GIRL
  • RPGFan and Dice forever...
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt site!  Come, stay, laugh, cry.
« Reply #725 on: April 14, 2014, 10:37:00 PM »
LAST THREE POSTS: YOJIMBO-YOJIMBO-JOBIMBO

...I used him to kill Dark Valefor when I realized access to Besaid, the "forgotten" destruction sphere, and Anima were hanging on winning that fight.
http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!

GrimReality

• Dark Lord of Nostalgia
  • OK, options aren't SO bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: April 14, 2014, 11:53:40 PM »
I've barely touched A Link Between Worlds. Same thing happens to me every year. Spring hits, and I just don't feel like gaming anymore. Still, I want to finish it off, as it IS a fantastic game. I've been hopelessly stuck in the Ice Ruins. Fuck this area. Too confusing. I'm going to have to follow an FAQ through it. I've done just fine with all the other dungeons, but this one is making my brain hurt.
Playing: DA: Inquisition
Reading: The Backyard Parables

Lard

• View Profile
« Reply #727 on: April 15, 2014, 01:24:19 AM »
I switched back over to Saboteur on the weekend for a bit, taking a break from FFX.

I really feel like this game was a missed opportunity. A little more polish and it could have been a real gem.

It's kind of a stealth-lite game in some ways, in the sense that there are so many things to find or blow up and you're trying to do it without getting discovered. It's just a shame the AI is so dumb.

It's a fun game though with lots to do.
I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.

Maxximum

• RPGFan Editor
  • Fills you with determiantion
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: April 15, 2014, 04:40:17 AM »
After watching Snowpiercer I have this sudden urge to play the original Bioshock.
NOW PLAYING:
I can't tell you

Starmongoose

• Forum Moderator
  • Contributing Editor
  • I Mean Bismuth
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: April 15, 2014, 06:30:26 AM »
What I meant to say was I give up on that FF7 mod.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 06:36:17 AM by Starmongoose »

Penguin Boss Demands You Join Our Discord!

CLICK HERE TO BE TAKEN TO THE RPGFAN DISCORD

Klutz64

• I Like Wacky Hats
  • May Your Heart be Your Guiding Key
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: April 15, 2014, 09:49:55 AM »
There is SO MUCH STUFF in Lego Marvel Super Heroes. Played for 2 and a half hours last night and went from 11.0% to 15.6% Thinking once I finish the main game and start doing the free play stuff, that number will go up a lot faster. Certainly seemed to be the case with LOTR.

Meanwhile... Finally out of the prologue of Trails in the Sky after 11 hours. Mind you, I did a lot of pointless grinding because of taking huge breaks and forgetting what I was doing.

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: April 15, 2014, 10:13:11 AM »
Speaking of FFX, Guadosalam, located at the corner of Exposition Street and Character Development Boulevard.

This is where the game really starts getting cagey about talking about Yuna's Death March across Spira, I bet there's a super secret cutscene somewhere where everyone but Tidus is invited as they go over the rules of Yuna's Death March (rule #1: You do not talk about Yuna's Death March; rule #2: You do not talk about Yuna's Death March; rule #3: etc.). Also where Seymour goes from creepy stalker to manipulative bastard, and where Auron starts his "I'm totally not dead guys" routine. At least Tidus gets some half decently handled character development out of the deal. Plus just entering Guadosalam is when you can finally customize equipment and the Farplane is where Tidus's Brotherhood sword goes from 'minor attack upgrade' to 'tailor made for the next section of the game' since his faster than fast gimmick is no longer his and he's not really bringing much else to the table.

And speaking of the Thunder Plains, either here or Macalana Woods (not making that joke because the game went and did it for me; dammit Tidus) is where my NSG run will end since the game is done screwing around. Enemies are now sporting 'ra' level spells and are all but oneshotting anyone who isn't sporting Lightningward, and Wakka's TKO's ability to Stone enemies has fallen off a cliff in effectiveness. Sure Lulu's Fatal Cait Sith might do the job, provided she can actually hit the broad side of anything, but she's still made of paper and slow as dirt. Basically, I'm at that awkward phase where the options are opening up but I still don't actually have the tools necessary to keep the run going without going full-on gimmick mode by spamming Yuna's Ixion summon until I can get to Rin's shop and Tidus's Yellow Shield and its valuable Lightningproof trait, or jumping through some ridiculous number of hoops like grinding Lunar Curtains for enough Auto-Shell to customize onto everybody's Lightningward armor. At least I have enough spheres now to deal with minor inconveniences like Lulu being allergic to +Magic nodes for most of her grid or Yuna being allergic to +MP nodes for most of her grid.

A few things of note. The phantoms that appear right before Tidus enters the Farplane are weird for this game (its just such a one off thing, and unlike everything else at this point, actually has more subtlety than a brick thrown through the window of a china shop). Also I got an lol at Yunalesca and Yu Yevon resembling Pricess Sara/Cloud of Darkness and Warrior of Light respectfully. And now I recall my initial dislike of the Auron character, even before I knew it was a thing, his Chuunibyou act at this point was as ridiculous then as it is now (though the thing that really got my goat back in the day was Jyscal's attempt at 'wising from his gwave' getting shot down due to the Guadosalami being on top of this, yet half a dozen major NPCs somehow manage to somehow slip out with none the wiser). Also outside of the aforementioned exposition/character development dump, Guadosalam is somehow both the usual "Fucking Xenophobic Elves" and little more than a speedbump in terms of gametime relevance.
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Dice

• I'm fart and I'm smunny
  • AMG A GIRL
  • RPGFan and Dice forever...
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt site!  Come, stay, laugh, cry.
« Reply #732 on: April 15, 2014, 12:13:53 PM »
My break from Final Fantasy X meant switching to X-2 (what a grand idea).

I got angry with the first battle, but then I started to see where my initial addiction came from.  I actually never beat X-2 (a dead PS2 happened) so it'll be great to go at it again.

I got a bit further in Bravely Default too.
I used a Bravely Second thing to get out of a pinch in one of the boss fights...
Tiz: "You mean you don't have to wait for charge SP?"
BRRR.  Hell, the fact you could BUY SP with *real* money was bad enough, I definitely don't need a game character telling me about it.

I'm loving the boss battles though, the harder they get the more interesting they get.
http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!

CluelessWonder

• View Profile
« Reply #733 on: April 15, 2014, 12:29:25 PM »
Finally beat Fate/Extra.  The 7th round boss only took two tries.  The final boss took only once.  The last guy was so easy since I hadn't used any elixirs until that battle.  I  just kept using them so I could spam special attacks.  The game itself was not bad.  I didn't really care for the battle system.  The difficulty of the game was weird.  It started off easy then when round 4 hit, even random encounters could kill you.  The game stressed watching for patterns, wearing the right gear, and preemptive healing.  The investigations to e rank the matrix of your opponents were the best part of the game.  You really had to know your enemy in order to beat them.  Overall it was a decent game.
Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief

Blace

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: April 15, 2014, 01:26:47 PM »
My break from Final Fantasy X meant switching to X-2 (what a grand idea).

I got angry with the first battle, but then I started to see where my initial addiction came from.  I actually never beat X-2 (a dead PS2 happened) so it'll be great to go at it again.

I got a bit further in Bravely Default too.
I used a Bravely Second thing to get out of a pinch in one of the boss fights...
Tiz: "You mean you don't have to wait for charge SP?"
BRRR.  Hell, the fact you could BUY SP with *real* money was bad enough, I definitely don't need a game character telling me about it.

I'm loving the boss battles though, the harder they get the more interesting they get.

I was going to start FFX-2 as my break from grinding for end game bosses in FFX, but now that I have the PS4 InFamous Second Son has turned into that game. So much fun! I'll probably end up starting FFX-2 when I finish off Penance and the Dark Aeons... which is going to take awhile because I only have one ribbon armor and you have to have at least 2 characters with it, but I'm going to do 3 more than likely.