Author Topic: A Game Journal Reborn

Hathen

• View Profile
Re: A Game Journal Reborn
« Reply #8310 on: November 18, 2019, 11:47:33 PM »
I played in the PvP Apex Arena tournament in Langrisser Mobile. Basically the top 256 players in the mode participate in elimination matches and the winner gets to have a special skin in the game with their screenname grafted on. Langrisser Mobile's playerbase is pretty small which probably contributed to my ability to get a spot in the matches.

I didn't make it very far (only won my first round so got into top 128), but it's the first time I've participated in anything remotely resembling an e-sports event of sorts, so it was an interesting experience if nothing else. Being a gacha game, it's obvious that the finalists were pretty much all whales, but it is worth noting that one of the most popular FTP streamers for the game made it into the Top 32 players, so that was pretty fun to see.

Gregosa

• View Profile
« Reply #8311 on: November 20, 2019, 03:08:40 PM »
Started playing Pokemon Sword on tuesday. Picked Sobble as my starter. My team is comprised of Intelleon, Excadrill, Swoobat, Tsareena, Manectric and Hitmonlee. Beat the fighting type gym mostly by spamming trop kick with Tsareena.

Jimmy

• Wakens the Ferine Strain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8312 on: November 22, 2019, 12:16:32 PM »
I played in the PvP Apex Arena tournament in Langrisser Mobile. Basically the top 256 players in the mode participate in elimination matches and the winner gets to have a special skin in the game with their screenname grafted on. Langrisser Mobile's playerbase is pretty small which probably contributed to my ability to get a spot in the matches.

I didn't make it very far (only won my first round so got into top 128), but it's the first time I've participated in anything remotely resembling an e-sports event of sorts, so it was an interesting experience if nothing else. Being a gacha game, it's obvious that the finalists were pretty much all whales, but it is worth noting that one of the most popular FTP streamers for the game made it into the Top 32 players, so that was pretty fun to see.

Dude, nice! If I'd known that I would have given you my Apex vouchers. Still pretty cool that an FTP player made it that far.

I've mostly stopped playing because I've reached a point where making progress is just too difficult without spending money. I really only log in now to do the daily quests, sweep some GoFs, and do a guild battle. That said, I'm pretty satisfied with the time I spent with it. Aside from $70 over the summer, I was FTP all the way, and it kept me entertained for months. It's a great game.

Since I've had more time after cutting back on Langrisser M, I've returned to Valkyria Chronicles 4. I just finished it yesterday though I still have some post-game content to work on. I'm really just going to work on getting to the new level cap, completing all the squad stories, and doing the final battle on hard mode to get the extended ending. I'm also going to do the "Squad E Goes to the Beach" and "Captain-less Squad" (or whatever they're called DLC) because I have enough Gold points that I don't even have to pay for them (I already did the Squad 7 DLC and one other since I got the special edition release). Not going to bother with the expert mode skirmishes though; I'm not a masochist.

After I finish up the post-game VC4 content, I'm planning to move on to FFXV. I know I shouldn't, but it looks like such a hot mess that I want to at least give it a shot if for no reason other than to make fun of it. I may play Romancing SaGa 3 concurrently to balance out the bad, modern Square game with a classic, good Square game. That will probably fill my December gaming.

Rook

• View Profile
« Reply #8313 on: November 30, 2019, 09:05:55 PM »
I stopped FF15 about 1/2 way in. Just didn't like the battle system and the fact I started playing its open world just after Xenoblade Chronicles X the 15s open world seemed meh and boring. It has its charm and good points tho.

VC4, I mean the battle system is still great, and I loved supporting character sidequests. However that main story, yuk. This coming from someone who thought VC1 was a freaking masterclass of simple RPG story telling.

About 60 hours into Trails of cold steel 3. Its once again fantastic GOTY stuff which is high praise because FE: 3 houses was fantastic as well. Translation is top notch too. my only niggle is that they went cheap on the voice acting parts and like 1 line from a character is VA'd and the rest of it is text. Pity too because its well acted for an anime game.