Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 18, 2014, 12:24:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
340870 Posts in 13928 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Game Journals
| | |-+  A Game Journal Reborn
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 181 Print
Author Topic: A Game Journal Reborn  (Read 81507 times)
ultra7k

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #855 on: April 26, 2014, 09:11:04 PM »

Oh man, just spent 3 hours playing the demo for EO IV....I like it. Something very soothing about drawing maps, I dunno what it is.

Then I went and played another hour in the demo for EO I remake, and oh geez, I like that one too!

Noooooooooooooooooo!!!!! Too many games!
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #856 on: April 27, 2014, 02:16:55 AM »

If I'm looking to get into some Etrian Odyssey,where would be a good place to start?

EO IV, or the re-release of EO I ?
Things I'm looking for: Ease of play in terms of mechanics, story, fun(?)

I've been playing EOIV since I got it for Xmas, and I love it.

I haven't been playing it super-intensively which is why I am still playing it five months later, but I am just about done.

I'd say go with that.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #857 on: April 27, 2014, 03:47:05 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SvRZpykS6s

Oh god my laptop could run this I think I want this ffff

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #858 on: April 27, 2014, 07:13:56 AM »

Started a new expert level record of Infamous Second Son doing the evil path this time. It really sucks that I'm such a good guy because my first playthrough would have been more enjoyable this way. It's so refreshing to just blow everything up in your path and not give a shit what happens instead of worrying you are hitting civilians or bystanders when you are good and trying to fight the enemies in the city. I just shoot in every direction with no care in the world. Expert mode hasn't really been any different so far from what I can tell other than maybe you die a little bit sooner than normal.
Really? I found Evil less enjoyable because I preferred the Good power ups more. Also found the good storyline to be more rewarding (although the evil ending was.....interesting). I did my expert mode playthrough first with my good set up. Found I died a lot against the beefier enemies (damn gatling guns and football players).
Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #859 on: April 27, 2014, 08:25:50 AM »

Dark Souls finished. Fantastic game. The last boss gave me chills with the music that played.
Overall the difficulty kinda disappeared after Anor Londo but there were also some of the best levels.

Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #860 on: April 27, 2014, 01:38:49 PM »

Started a new expert level record of Infamous Second Son doing the evil path this time. It really sucks that I'm such a good guy because my first playthrough would have been more enjoyable this way. It's so refreshing to just blow everything up in your path and not give a shit what happens instead of worrying you are hitting civilians or bystanders when you are good and trying to fight the enemies in the city. I just shoot in every direction with no care in the world. Expert mode hasn't really been any different so far from what I can tell other than maybe you die a little bit sooner than normal.
Really? I found Evil less enjoyable because I preferred the Good power ups more. Also found the good storyline to be more rewarding (although the evil ending was.....interesting). I did my expert mode playthrough first with my good set up. Found I died a lot against the beefier enemies (damn gatling guns and football players).

I haven't finished the evil ending so I can't compare the two yet. We'll see. Those damn gatling gun enemies are definitely the most annoying.

MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #861 on: April 27, 2014, 02:04:08 PM »

Suik 3 - Picked up Detective Conan and OH MY GOD :D :D 8D

Also in Chrono Cross, if you use a gameshark to permanently set 801F4fe8 to 0000 (I think the code would literally just be 801F4fe8 0000), you stop getting stat-ups entirely. SCIENCE!
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 03:05:00 PM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not dream o/`

Wild Armor
Observer
Contributing Editor

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #862 on: April 27, 2014, 05:44:03 PM »

Also in Chrono Cross, if you use a gameshark to permanently set 801F4fe8 to 0000 (I think the code would literally just be 801F4fe8 0000), you stop getting stat-ups entirely. SCIENCE!

I'm assuming you're talking about Kidd. Great sidequest, eh? :)

Avatar Author's sig: Let me know if you know this author. :)
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #863 on: April 27, 2014, 06:27:01 PM »

I'm assuming you're talking about Kidd. Great sidequest, eh? :)

If I recall correctly, only the shenanigans you can pull in the Theater tops Kidd's recruitment.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Smiley Abuser

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #864 on: April 27, 2014, 07:04:18 PM »

Ah, I'll never forget the hit play The Match Girl

Starring!

Guilliuame as The Match Girl
Hallac as The Narrator
Sgt Joe as Grandma Ghost
Gadget Z and Koroko as Passersby.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #865 on: April 27, 2014, 08:44:11 PM »

Finished up the Dark Aeons after maxing out my luck with Tidus & Wakka so I could hit the damn things and finished up Wakka's ribbon armor so I had 2 characters who were immune. After that I beat Penance on my first try with Zanmato. It really does happen alot more often than people have let on. Now I'm maxing out the sphere grid with the last 3 characters I didn't use (Kimahri, Lulu,  and Yuna). Hopefully I be done at the end of the night with a Platinum trophy and can start FFX-2 or Persona 4 Golden which I just bought. I'll let the Fan decide by voting. I'll check back in a couples hours to see responses :P Just a little note I have played both games before, but I never finished Persona 4. I played for about 40 hours on PS2 and just stopped. That was about 4 years ago I think.

MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #866 on: April 27, 2014, 09:43:04 PM »

Starring!

Hallac as The Narrator
Sgt Joe as Grandma Ghost

Man theater guy is pretty crazy it's like ya show up in fuckin' AGRABAH and there's a dude in a tuxedo and a mask but he ain't Tuxedo Mask and he just be all BRING ME THREE WOMEN AND A CHILD.

Burnout Paradise - Played this for like half an hour and further confirmed my suspicion that I do not like Burnout Paradise. I still don't know /why/

o/` I do not dream o/`

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #867 on: April 27, 2014, 10:30:50 PM »

Starring!

Hallac as The Narrator
Sgt Joe as Grandma Ghost

Sounds like somebody hasn't given Watari and Jaques the roles of Romeo and Juliet yet, let alone make Bright into a sheep so that he can get chased around by a dog/Muto.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Bleaker

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #868 on: April 27, 2014, 11:30:56 PM »

I bought Kingdom Hearts HD, and after much raging, and 22 hours of gameplay, I FINALLY BEAT THIS GAME. It only took me like 12 years. Childhood=won.
In all reality though, this game hasn't aged all that well, mainly the combat. It is however much more rewarding than Kingdom Hearts 2, since that one I remember being piss easy. I have so many fond memories of copying my brothers save religiously to get to the end, and still not beating it. Well gosh darned it I have won. Now when does 2.5 HD come out?

Laugh and the world laughs with you.
Weep, and you weep alone.
ultra7k

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #869 on: April 28, 2014, 02:54:46 PM »

Picked up EO IV yesterday...what have I done.....this game is too addicting, and I'm jumping back and forth between this and Bravely Default. I some how get the feeling I'm only half way through BD at 44 hours....
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 181 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: