Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 21, 2014, 11:19:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341218 Posts in 13945 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Game Journals
| | |-+  A Game Journal Reborn
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 182 Print
Author Topic: A Game Journal Reborn  (Read 83428 times)
mecharobot

Thunder of the dogs! INDIGNATION

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #870 on: April 28, 2014, 03:38:01 PM »

I some how get the feeling I'm only half way through BD at 44 hours....

I get that feeling with a lot of JRPGs. I think it took me 60+ hours to beat Tales of Symphonia. It seems I always take an extra 10-20 hours for a standard run for some reason.

I'm through Act 1 in Diablo 2. My god this Act 2 is about as terrible as I remember it being. And my Druids crappy twister is doing less damage than bashing enemies in the face with my trusty mace, even though I'm pouring points in it. Its hit detection is also quite bad. And it is horrible to use in tight places or against those beetles which release electricity on hit, oh well... I guess there just isn't any bonus multipliers in effect yet so I still need to play on the sidelines and let my mercenary do the killing. They can actually kill stuff in Diablo II, at least on normal, but he sometimes likes getting stuck in the more narrow dungeons and doesn't like to tank for me even though his health and armor are both higher than my druid has.
Annubis

ee yan~☆

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #871 on: April 28, 2014, 04:27:19 PM »

Oh man... I still have nightmares about Duriel.
Talk about a difficulty spike.

Running a single player necro through Duriel is..... *shivers*
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #872 on: April 28, 2014, 11:13:58 PM »

Suiko 3 - Spent like two hours trading and dicking around. I like how Thomas goes from getting one-hitted by even the weakest mooks to NOT dying immediately.

Also there aren't any bath scenes involving Muto, Ruby, or Fubar THIS IS BULLSHIT.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #873 on: April 29, 2014, 04:37:52 AM »

So I think I'm near the end of EOIV - I'm at
Code:
the Prince who fuses with the Titan to become that monster

I usually get his life down low, but then he comes out and kicks my ass with...I think it's called "Charge Attack"?...it basically wipes my whole party out in one blow. I hate boss battles where I feel like I have a chance and then I'm suddenly wiped out by an attack I have no defense against.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
ultra7k

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #874 on: April 29, 2014, 12:56:52 PM »

So I think I'm near the end of EOIV - I'm at
Code:
the Prince who fuses with the Titan to become that monster

I usually get his life down low, but then he comes out and kicks my ass with...I think it's called "Charge Attack"?...it basically wipes my whole party out in one blow. I hate boss battles where I feel like I have a chance and then I'm suddenly wiped out by an attack I have no defense against.

Now I have the inn music from EOIV  stuck in my head.

Strangely, the music evokes memories of Princess Maker 2 when I hear it.
Monsoon
Electric Mayhem
Contributing Editor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #875 on: April 29, 2014, 01:44:28 PM »

EDIT: whoops, wrong topic. 

I played Fire Emblem last night.  Jill and Astrid seem good, but I am doing a lot of hard resets so they get good levels with BEXP.  It's a little frustrating, but I'm aware it's self-inflicted.  Whatever.  This is a solid Fire Emblem game.  I should probably get a 3DS to play Awakening.  If I had money. 
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 01:48:49 PM by Monsoon » Logged

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #876 on: April 29, 2014, 02:42:47 PM »

EDIT: whoops, wrong topic. 

I played Fire Emblem last night.  Jill and Astrid seem good, but I am doing a lot of hard resets so they get good levels with BEXP.  It's a little frustrating, but I'm aware it's self-inflicted.  Whatever.  This is a solid Fire Emblem game.  I should probably get a 3DS to play Awakening.  If I had money. 

FYI, the second playthrough is better for getting the green numbers simply due to the availability of the Bands (which are basically like FE3 Book2's Star Shards/FE5's Scrolls).

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #877 on: April 29, 2014, 03:41:01 PM »

Witch and the Hundred Knight (It sadly took me this long to notice that the T in "witch" is shaped like Metallia's hat)

On chapter 5 part 2. I'm still really enjoying the game despite some minor flaws, but I really hope that those desert areas are the biggest the game has to offer. It took me over 3 hours to explore the second area to 100%. Or at least I hope there's a facet with a larger view area.
mecharobot

Thunder of the dogs! INDIGNATION

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #878 on: April 29, 2014, 04:13:00 PM »

Oh man... I still have nightmares about Duriel.
Talk about a difficulty spike.

The bastard got me once and my merc at least five times. I basically just town portaled the hell out of there every time he got my merc and went to resurrect him for another round, but alas, all I needed was to panic once and that was all it took. Well, I'm not playing hardcore character so whatever. However, it does suck that you DROP YOUR GEAR WHEN YOU DIE (how's that dark souls?). That can potentially put you in a very perilous situation and this game only has save&exit. I do keep a manual copy of my save before dangerous situations, though. Anyway, I slaid the bastard and now I'm getting ready for a jungle adventure.

I feel sort of like I might get on a WPRG roll. It's not a bad thing, as there are a few I've been meaning to play. How should I put it: I do love the aesthetic experience of the JRPG, but sometimes it is easier to get more pure gameplay hours from other things, such as Diablo. Hmmm... I'm going to have to think about this while slaying these demon hordes.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #879 on: April 29, 2014, 11:37:01 PM »

Suik 3 - Didn't really advance the plot much. Took Thomas to Zexen cave, because it looked promising. No characters there but I found a pretty easy midboss so I got a bunch of stuff for my efforts. THINK I have all the kennels now.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

eXaX

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #880 on: April 30, 2014, 01:17:59 AM »

Man, it's been a long time since I posted here (actually I just don't remember what I wrote last time so .... yeeaah).

Anyway, started playing SMT - Strange Journey DS and just reached Carina dungeon. I wanted to try something different and damn, this game is soo great! I was a bit surprised by the amount of characterization in the game, usually in dungeon crawlers, there isn't too much character interactions (if any) so I was pleasantly surprised. I also really like the atmosphere of the game, really .. deranged (despite the DS hardware).

Also began Mass Effect 2 on the PC. Was going to replay the third one but since my original saves were on the X360 not the PC I figured "eh what the hell" and restarted from the second one. Don't know why but I am not particularly interested in starting from the first one.

Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #881 on: April 30, 2014, 12:36:30 PM »

Witch and the Hundred Knight (It sadly took me this long to notice that the T in "witch" is shaped like Metallia's hat)

On chapter 5 part 2. I'm still really enjoying the game despite some minor flaws, but I really hope that those desert areas are the biggest the game has to offer. It took me over 3 hours to explore the second area to 100%. Or at least I hope there's a facet with a larger view area.

I'm not sure later if later areas are larger, but some of them sure take longer to navigate. It's best to take it easy. Keep trying to go for 100% and you'll get sick of the game before you know it.

Anyway, I'm playing Etrian Odyssey Untold! Despite the labyrint being pretty much the same it feels like a new game thanks to the story characters, added quests and so on.
ultra7k

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #882 on: April 30, 2014, 03:29:37 PM »

With regards to the Etrian Odyssey series...

I'm totally loving EO IV right now. I plan on picking up the remake for EO I, but how are the previous installments? Are they super grindy?
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #883 on: May 01, 2014, 12:09:09 AM »

Getting bombarded from school didn't stop me from finishing up my platinum of FFX HD tonight. I can finally move on to FF X-2 HD while continuing to work on my platinum for inFamous Second Son with my evil playthrough.

Monsoon
Electric Mayhem
Contributing Editor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #884 on: May 01, 2014, 12:18:23 AM »

Wanted to continue playing one of my RPGs du jour (FE9, P2IS), but I wasn't feeling it.  Ended up playing Civilization V for three or four hours.  Whoops. 

Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 182 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: