Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2014, 12:21:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331779 Posts in 13583 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  A Game Journal Reborn
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 129 Print
Author Topic: A Game Journal Reborn  (Read 53067 times)
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« on: February 27, 2014, 05:03:38 PM »

TIME FOR A FRESH START EVERYONE

Mainly just messed with Bravely Default lately myself. Not too far in, but taking advantage of the fact everyone else is far in.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 05:19:22 PM »

Yeah, that's what I've been doing to.

Also trying to decide to go with Tactics Ogre, The 3rd Birthday, Persona 1, or Growlanser IV on my PSP next (I kinda want to save TO for pallet cleaning purposes but it IS a really good game; and I do have the PSX version to play through as well).

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2014, 05:33:21 PM »

I love the idea of a "pallet cleanser" game. I could certainly use one, as I noticed earlier today that I'm starting to just power through Lightning Returns instead of just enjoying it. I tend to do that a lot when I'm starting to get burnt out on a game.

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2014, 05:50:45 PM »

I tend to do that a lot when I'm starting to get burnt out on a game.

I think we all do that. Or just quit and throw the game aside for something newer and shinier haha.

Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2014, 05:56:25 PM »

DanganRonpa keeps taking over my life. I love it so much and I wont shut up about it until I finish it. Chapter 3 done, twists intensify. Also it has an amazing soundtrack.. omg SO GOOOD, BUY THIS GAME GODDAMNIT
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 06:00:10 PM by Holykael1 » Logged

Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2014, 05:58:18 PM »

I have a digital copy of TO that's been sitting around unplayed for at least four or five months.  Once I get a Vita (this fall, probably) that'll be one of the first things that breaks it in.  After Persona 4G and Ys Celceta.  

Right now I'm in the final chapter of The Walking Dead.  This one seems faster-paced and more direct than earlier chapters, so there's slightly more urgency in every scene, but... I dunno.  I miss the lost characters.  My final group is four people (including Lee) but I wish there were a few more for banter.  Still love this **** to death - it's making me re-examine Telltale's entire catalog and consider blowing money on Season 2.  

Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2014, 06:27:27 PM »

Also trying to decide to go with Tactics Ogre, The 3rd Birthday, Persona 1, or Growlanser IV on my PSP next (I kinda want to save TO for pallet cleaning purposes but it IS a really good game; and I do have the PSX version to play through as well).

I was really loving Growlanser IV when it came out. I put it down because I was trying to juggle too many games and totally need to give that some proper attention (someday).

Soooooo is anyone here familiar with FF4 The After Years? In particular, chapter progression... finish Ceodore and now I have the option of quite a few characters. Is there a "correct" or "best" order? Does it matter....?

Also just an aside... FF IV TaY officially wins "the best FF character portrait pics ever" award by my standards, as well as 2-d spritework in an FF game. Lovely, just lovely. I will most likely express this multiple times in this journal as I update my progress until someone points it out as annoying.

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2014, 06:31:23 PM »

You're making me want to hurry up and get through the Interlude, Klyde. Luckily none of it seems all that difficult aside from initially being underlevelled.

DPB

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2014, 06:33:08 PM »

I've gone back to Shadowrun Returns now that the Dragonfall DLC has been released (an expansion that's meant to be about the same length as the original campaign). I'm playing as a dwarf mage, mostly using support spells along with pistols. Apart from being to save anywhere now, the biggest improvement is that you don't have to fill out your party with generic mercenaries anymore, everyone that joins you has a personality and place in the story.

I'm also playing Dead Space for first time. I remember this being compared to Bioshock a lot when it was released, but I like it more. It doesn't feel as open, but I didn't enjoy the exploration that much in Bioshock, it got very old constantly rifling through containers everywhere. The weapons are more fun to use too, since for the most part they don't fit in the standard shooter arsenal of pistol, SMG, assault rifle, shotgun and rocket launcher.

That said, I still don't like that over the shoulder camera shifted to the left that so many games use now, and I don't think I ever will do. Something about it feels really weird to me, and it's zoomed in too close.
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2014, 07:22:13 PM »

I'm downloading Tales of Xillia through the PS Store for $20. I played the Japanese version back in 2011, but got stuck because I couldn't understand enough to proceed. I never really had that problem with Graces F, because I have 30 hours invested in the JP version of Graces F. Now with the English version, I can proceed with a lot less dicking around.
Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2014, 07:28:02 PM »

You're making me want to hurry up and get through the Interlude, Klyde. Luckily none of it seems all that difficult aside from initially being underlevelled.

I actually died quite a few times during the interlude..... those damned demon doors... *shudder*... totally unfair

That unexpected and sharp 16-bit era difficult spike in battles is part of what I like though. Makes you really feel as though you'd best be prepared by way of your inventory because an any point you can encounter a monster-in-a-box that can and will simultaneously petrify, poison, silence and cast doom on all of your party members. No cure-all type items??? GAME OVER KID!!! LoL

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2014, 07:47:32 PM »

I was really loving Growlanser IV when it came out. I put it down because I was trying to juggle too many games and totally need to give that some proper attention (someday).

Soooooo is anyone here familiar with FF4 The After Years? In particular, chapter progression... finish Ceodore and now I have the option of quite a few characters. Is there a "correct" or "best" order? Does it matter....?

Also just an aside... FF IV TaY officially wins "the best FF character portrait pics ever" award by my standards, as well as 2-d spritework in an FF game. Lovely, just lovely. I will most likely express this multiple times in this journal as I update my progress until someone points it out as annoying.

I think they're all independent until the finale.

And speaking of FF Chapters, almost done with Chapter 4 in not-FF, BD:FF. Just one more Genome ability before I get Airy to the Greek Pillar of Light.

Also, I am loving Desperation Sword Beams and the Collect/Salesman combo.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2014, 08:05:18 PM »

Bravely Default: Chapter 3.  Where so fat all pros have been proven and all cons are true.

Tales of Symphonia: Kinda gloomily switching between English and Japanese VA just to hear skits.  I love when a character changes 'ever so slightly' with a different VA behind them

Tomorrow I'm grabbing the new Layton.  My momma said she'd buy it for me because it's a puzzle game good for noggin and she's proud of me at school!  Aw, shucks.  :P

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2014, 09:11:40 PM »

I just beat Lords of Shadow 2.  It does some things better than the original, and it definitely does some things worse, but overall I'd call it a pretty good sequel.

Back to Morrowind.  I've been playing that off and on for the past two or three weeks.  It's been a long time since I took a character through the main quest and both expansions, so that's what I'm aiming to do.  Mournhold sewers are making that damn unlikely to happen.

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2014, 09:15:14 PM »

Tomorrow I'm grabbing the new Layton.  My momma said she'd buy it for me because it's a puzzle game good for noggin and she's proud of me at school!  Aw, shucks.  :P

My mom and I have been taking turns buying two copies from the first one, tomorrow is my turn.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 129 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: