Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 28, 2014, 10:52:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338714 Posts in 13864 Topics by 2217 Members
Latest Member: milz
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Game Journals
| | |-+  A Game Journal Reborn
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 170 Print
Author Topic: A Game Journal Reborn  (Read 74227 times)
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: March 01, 2014, 02:59:02 PM »

Castlevania LOS can go fuck itself.

Those Titan battles are horrendously fucking cheap. It's physically impossible to avoid those fucking hands while you're fighting and I've lost those battles simply because I'm continuously swatted away like a fly. After the 17th or 18th time in a row of trying to do the same move and being flicked to the ground, I am fucking exasperated. I only paid $12 for it, so hopefully I can at least break even.

I don't recall having such troubles. if I can make it through, anyone can. I really enjoyed that game, especially the castle section, and was looking forward to the sequel. Too bad it's supposed to suck. I won't bother with it now.

I bought the first episode of The Wolf Among Us because it was part of a PSN super sale. I haven't bothered with getting the TWD Clementine ep, and won't until the whole series is out. I'm kind of tired of zombies.

Playing: DA: Inquisition
Reading: Mistbron#3: Hero of Ages
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: March 01, 2014, 03:53:31 PM »

Beat Bravely Default. Now to get the true ending (hopefully enemies get stronger for that ending since I autobattled my way to the end on this one).

Roughly level 62 and only two jobs mastered total (Tiz's Templar and Edea's Thief). Final party consisted of Knight Tiz with Templar support, Vampire Ringabel with White Mage support, Salve-Maker Edea with Thief support, and Dark Knight Angés with Monk support.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: March 01, 2014, 06:59:03 PM »

Just finished DanganRonpa, phenomenal game, it didnt reach the heights of Zero Escape but it almost reached the heights of the best Ace Attorneys, I wasnt completely satisfied because there was a huge loose end, Im reading the translated prequel novel as we speak and Im super excited for the sequel. This is a Vita system seller through and through.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 07:33:36 PM by Holykael1 » Logged

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: March 01, 2014, 09:30:48 PM »

On Day 9 of Lightning Returns. Only have the Slaughterhouse shard to get for Chapter 5 and then I'm done with the main quests. I've also completed a good majority of the quests, although I guess I missed one in Luxerion that's only available for a short time. Ah well, still mulling over whether I want to play again after this run to get all the garbs. We'll see how I feel as I do more grinding.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: March 02, 2014, 12:26:11 AM »

MS3 - Spent like an hour getting into the lab. Then I pressed the red button and Dexter was all like SNAKE GET OUT OF MY LABORATORY but I didn't.

LoM - Scienced out the motion.

I vaguely want to play Pokemon Colosseum except the night I got it was the first time I really noticed my wisdom teeth erupting so I get this like phantom jawline psychogenic neuropathy from the associations when I tried playing it the last time I tried playing it.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #50 on: March 02, 2014, 01:05:47 AM »

I vaguely want to play Pokemon Colosseum except the night I got it was the first time I really noticed my wisdom teeth erupting so I get this like phantom jawline psychogenic neuropathy from the associations when I tried playing it the last time I tried playing it.

I have a relevant strange story. When I was, like, 14, I went through a phase of eating raisin toast every morning for breakfast. Coincidentally, I was spending a lot of time playing Super Mario Sunshine at the same time before school. To this day, if I start playing it, I can phantom-smell raisin toast. It's weird.

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: March 02, 2014, 01:16:05 AM »

I live in our basement and make raisin toast when you don't realize it.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: March 02, 2014, 06:57:45 AM »

Beat Witcher 1 last night. I'm really not sure what to say about it (so this will be probably be a bit rambly). I mean I did start to enjoy the game more towards the end, and for a bit I couldn't really figure out what had changed. Then I think I realized what was different, I started to enjoy it more once I said f normal gameplay, I am sick of this game time to use the save editor more actively. At which point, I started to just add whatever items I needed to my inventory if they would be tedious to grind for resulting in less time wasted in both junk mobs and just walking back and forth. Really the enemy encounters were weird, it basically constantly switched between either five minutes of walking with no encounters (at which point I wanted something to happen), enemy encounters where five enemies would suddenly pop out of the ground at different times with no explanation dragging the fight on since I couldn't effectively use the group style as new ones were popping up as old ones dies (and this of course normally happened when I was trying to zone), and areas where you can't go five feet without five enemies attacking (where I would constantly wish for no encounters). So they basically they completely missed the mark with encounter rate balancing. Combat wasn't bad, but I wasn't impressed with it either (side note: found the Witcher stances to look horrid). The storyline was....alright. I can't really think of any major complaints. I find it weird when that most descriptions of the game refer to the game's gray morality, as I really didn't really find there to be many shades of gray. For most instances, there is a right and wrong choice, they just aren't labeling the choices as good or evil. However the game treats the good choices as being right and the evil choices as being wrong. The only exception being who you side with, in which case both sides are wrong and you just have to make a choice between two evil options. Changing briefly to the Romance Cards, I sort of like the concept, but it plays out awkwardly and I don't think it can ever work. They do drop it in Witcher 2 though so meh. So with characters, I thought they did a good job with allowing you to define Geralt's new personality as I thought I managed to have good selection of options. I liked most of the characters. I liked the fact that most of the characters seemed to know Geralt, but on occasion it did make me feel like I was missing something. I think that basically finishes up my brain dump on the topic.

In summation, the game was alright if you cut out the tedious crap. However considering the plot, the game's flaws, and just general feel, this really felt to me like a version of Dragon Age 2 with a lot less fun and a worse battle system (mind you I like Dragon Age 2).
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #53 on: March 02, 2014, 07:18:02 AM »

I live in our basement and make raisin toast when you don't realize it.

Mystery solved.

Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: March 02, 2014, 12:05:04 PM »

I have a relevant strange story. When I was, like, 14, I went through a phase of eating raisin toast every morning for breakfast. Coincidentally, I was spending a lot of time playing Super Mario Sunshine at the same time before school. To this day, if I start playing it, I can phantom-smell raisin toast. It's weird.

I get this sensation all-the-fucking-time.

If I hear Andre 3000's "Hey Ya" - I start to think of Tales of Symphonia (coincidentally, can you guess what song is back on my iPod without being a smartass?)

If I play Breath of Fire III, I think of Pizza.

Final Fantasy IX reminds me of Augusts ...and Nutella (which I ate Nutella sandwiches most mornings in August)

Ocarina of Time reminds me of mornings (specifically where once I got to play hooky from school and I spent the day off playing OoT; I usually remember "this feeling" when morning dawns in the OoT world).

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Monsoon
Electric Mayhem
Contributing Editor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: March 02, 2014, 12:13:11 PM »

I rolled a few dice to determine which game from my backlog list I would play next; got Vagrant Story.  Let's see how this goes....

Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: March 02, 2014, 12:45:36 PM »

I rolled a few dice to determine which game from my backlog list I would play next; got Vagrant Story.  Let's see how this goes....

Vagrant Story is a great game... but I don't think I could play it nowadays.
The pace of the game is sooooooooooo slow.

(also, you'll want to understand how "risk" works. It's core to beating a lot of bosses)
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: March 02, 2014, 12:54:37 PM »

The Walking Dead Season 1

Finally beat it. The game was great but it kind of made me think a lot of my choices didn't really matter in the overall scheme of things. Still otside of a few bugs, the game was great.

kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 02, 2014, 12:57:45 PM »

I had a stretch in school where, while all my friends were writing finals I was playing Final Fantasy VI and eating lemon meringue pie a lot. (I was a music student with few finals.) I also associate Final Fantasy VII with cream soda floats, because my friend would come over and we'd play it til like 3 am and drink floats a lot.

I also recall a huge goldfish binge when I was a kid and finally beating the last world of Mario 3.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: March 02, 2014, 01:05:09 PM »

Back when I was a kid I would play so much Super Mario 3 that when I was in the car or anywhere silent, I would hear the World 1 music in the distance. Like, it did not at all sound like it was in my head. It sounded like someone in another house was playing the game really, really loud.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 170 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: