Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 30, 2014, 05:17:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327819 Posts in 13420 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  A Game Journal Reborn
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 104 Print
Author Topic: A Game Journal Reborn  (Read 34981 times)
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: March 14, 2014, 04:45:32 PM »

^^^ oops on my part... I thought Europe got it a few days after the US. As the cool kids would say "my bad".

It's not a big deal. :P

I probably can play a game quickly. Wouldn't be very good for getting review copies of games if I couldn't :p

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: March 14, 2014, 05:01:07 PM »

Yep, Europe, plus I slightly cheated by requesting a review copy aftter it turned out the official release (and thus my pre-order) was pushed back a few days in the Netherlands.

I do love Atelier, though and my Atelier weekend was pretty intense. I played for nearly 25 hours. I had been looking forward to this installment and with a deadline as an excuse... Yeah, I kinda went all out. Despite buying favourite foods especially for the weekend I still nearly forgot about meals.

Still, it's nice to play a game this way once a year. It's like a super condensed vacation.
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: March 14, 2014, 09:07:05 PM »

Took the dive today and tried to get back into Tales of Xillia without starting all the way over. Doing pretty good so far, it certainly helps that the combat isn't too difficult and the plot is pretty easy to follow at this point (Tail end of Chapter 2, I believe). Also, almost everything in the area is weak to fire, so Milla and Leia's Flare Tornado destroys every battle.

It's kind of tragic that I like some of the generic NPC outfits more than the main cast's. That's not to say they're terrible, but the fact that everyone looks like they belong in a different game from each other doesn't really help matters. But the game is picking up, so I'm trying to stay positive. On that note, it certainly has my favorite OP of the series. And though the combat is pretty daunting with how many elements are jumbled together, the results allow for some pretty nifty tricks.

It's still my least favorite Tales game thus far, but at least the game seems to be getting less boring now.

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: March 14, 2014, 11:39:22 PM »

My Current Backlog:

・Dark Souls II (Black Armor Edition)
・Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
・Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate

Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: March 15, 2014, 02:05:44 AM »

That's not to say they're terrible, but the fact that everyone looks like they belong in a different game from each other doesn't really help matters.

Not just different games, different series.

Alvin - Wild Arms (it's almost too perfect!)
Leia - Atelier (so cute!)
Milla - Final Fantasy (Lack of clothes, no lack of useless ribbons and stuff)
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: March 15, 2014, 08:09:07 AM »

Rune Factory 4

It took an embarrassingly long time to find out how to get a refrigerator. Loving the game so far. The characters don't seem as strong as in 3 but everything else seems great. I think I am at the half way point.

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: March 15, 2014, 02:32:29 PM »

My Current Backlog:

・Dark Souls II (Black Armor Edition)
・Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
・Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate

I thought I had wandered into the Random and Amazing Pictures thread for a second.

Anyways, Currently in Chapter 6 of Bravely Default and Chapter 3 of T3: Birth Day (Hard Mode). Found out you can only level a power up to level 25 in the latter game, so much for needing a chip grinding board (although having one of those will still be useful). Finished raising my primary jobs for Agnés and Edea in the latter game. Gonna make Agnés into a Pirate for P.Atk +20% and Edea into either a Time Mage for the M.Atk +X%s passives or Red Mage for the MP Costs down by 25% passive.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Elegance

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: March 15, 2014, 08:12:59 PM »

Finished Wild ARMs 3.  In the middle of Chapter 3 in Bravely Default and chapter 4 in Professor Layton.
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: March 15, 2014, 10:14:57 PM »

I've put Tales of Symphonia on hold because I borrowed a DS + Pokemon White.

My only other Pokemon was Yellow and I couldn't even finish it.
This one though is much more fun.

I've just finished the last gym and I'm walking Victory Road.
My biggest problem right now is that I feel that my team is getting weaker as the opponents start using more powerful pokemons.
That said, my current team synergy is pretty kickass. I managed to beat the Dragon gym without losing a single pokemon.

I don't know how you guys captured them all in X/Y but even with less in White, it seems like an endless endeavour.
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: March 15, 2014, 11:19:04 PM »

Klutz, you're getting close to where Xillia gets really, really weird in a hurry. I needed a break from the game just because the plot development was so out of left field.
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: March 16, 2014, 07:14:05 AM »

So I've been playing 9-9-9 as I'm becoming a fan of Spike Chunsoft (I hope I remembered that name right) after playing DR and realizing they are also responsible for Conception (as the fact that Conception exists makes me smile and laugh). At first I thought the game was alright. I had read how the axe ending had given people nightmare fuel, and my response to it was basically meh. Then I got the knife ending which I knew was going to be underwhelming. But then I took the sub path, and I am now extremely intrigued. Seven's backstory just made this plot extremely interesting to me. I'm hoping the pieces he can't remember get expanded on in one of the three remaining endings.

Code:
Semi-obvious answer is that everyone who is in the game has a connection to the kidnappings that occurred. I'm 50/50 on whether June and Junpei were kidnap victims right now. Ace, Snake, and maybe nine all seem like they are too old to have possibly been kidnapped children.

I've put Tales of Symphonia on hold because I borrowed a DS + Pokemon White.

My only other Pokemon was Yellow and I couldn't even finish it.
This one though is much more fun.

I've just finished the last gym and I'm walking Victory Road.
My biggest problem right now is that I feel that my team is getting weaker as the opponents start using more powerful pokemons.
That said, my current team synergy is pretty kickass. I managed to beat the Dragon gym without losing a single pokemon.

I don't know how you guys captured them all in X/Y but even with less in White, it seems like an endless endeavour.
Just remember you gotta catch em all. Just sing that mantra every night as you go to sleep and it will give you the strength to hunt them all down! Also X/Y were extremely nice in that they gave you a device that gave exp to all Pokémon you were carrying, so you could just wail on some "high" level Pokémon with an overleveled lead, and watch as your unused ones get enough exp to evolve.
Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: March 16, 2014, 08:44:35 AM »

To me the axe ending was more shocking than anything. It was the 2nd ending I got and I was like, OMG THIS IS AWESOME.(1st was sub and ofc I was super into it already, I fell in love with the game almost immediately after the first puzzle).
Im glad to see that you decided to see all the endings, even though you don't really need to see the bad ones to get the main story, you lose a lot of interesting tidbits and details about the characters.
Safe and True is where it's at, that's when you truly get valuable information. The true ending is basically half the story on it's own. The sub ending won't impress you all that much btw.

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: March 16, 2014, 10:15:32 AM »

Klutz, you're getting close to where Xillia gets really, really weird in a hurry. I needed a break from the game just because the plot development was so out of left field.

There's a lot of random things in this game. Like that scene in Kanbalar where Elize is suddenly frighteningly bipolar. Seriously, there had to have been something lost in translation there, because she really does come across as a sociopath.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 10:18:04 AM by Klutz64 » Logged

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: March 16, 2014, 11:23:13 AM »

Soulja Hackers - Having a hard time getting demons in my party. They'll only join if they have a friendface on the interface, right?

A Dragon Called Quest 6 - I caught a horse.

MG Solid 3 - In the mountains. Only found one of the keratins in the woods where the End was be.

I was trying to play some Transport Tycoonish things lately too, since listening to Kraftwerk made me, uh, want to do that. But I don't have the mental energy for it right now.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 10:04:19 PM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

solidbatman
Zetsubou Sensei

The real me exists on the internet!

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: March 16, 2014, 12:11:33 PM »

Just about done with Atelier Totori Plus. One more year left and everything is set up for the ending (did it blind so no clue who's ending I'll get). I have a few minor complaints about the game, but over all, its more fun than Atelier Rorona (Rorona as a character > Totori though).

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 104 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: