Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 01, 2014, 10:00:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
335320 Posts in 13730 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  A Game Journal Reborn
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 156 Print
Author Topic: A Game Journal Reborn  (Read 65963 times)
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #360 on: March 22, 2014, 07:58:48 PM »

and more importantly, because of Zidane's tail.

It's hard to play a game when Zidane's beautiful, prehensile tail keeps stirring you into a riotous lust.

wrt to Dragonforce, I see it less as a strategy game ad more as a normal, but somewhat non-linear, JRPG that has a 4x strategy game kind of thing as its metagame. Does that make any sense?

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #361 on: March 22, 2014, 08:33:32 PM »

Yesterday on a thread I was reading and can't find now on NeoGAF a guy said that he stopped playing Final Fantasy IX after a while because of the random encounters, and more importantly, because of Zidane's tail.

*shrug* :T

Dark Souls II:

Giant spiders and a certain giant dog are wrecking my shit.

You see a lot of stupid shit on the internet, no surprise there. I have been having my fun at Neogaf aswell, there are some nice people in there even if some are utter morons(usually they are banned anyway so meh).
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 08:36:19 PM by Holykael1 » Logged

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #362 on: March 22, 2014, 08:36:52 PM »

Yesterday on a thread I was reading and can't find now on NeoGAF a guy said that he stopped playing Final Fantasy IX after a while because of the random encounters, and more importantly, because of Zidane's tail.

*shrug* :T

Dark Souls II:

Giant spiders and a certain giant dog are wrecking my shit.

You see a lot of stupid shit on the internet, no surprise there. I have been having my fun at Neogaf aswell, there are some nice people in there even if some are utter morons.

The moderator sensitivity is pretty high there, so a lot of the morons seem to get filtered out pretty quickly.

I honestly loved Zidane and thought FF9, with some modern improvements, can remain a classic even today.  I always feel like it's the title that often gets glazed over since it was between FF7 and 10 (and 8's notoriety).

Speaking of Gaf and Final Fantasy though, I never really took a shine to FF12, but after reading the improvements they made for the Zodiac Job system, I'd be pretty really to take it on again:

+Each character having a unique license board to avoid each party member being exactly the same
+Treasure chest locations and contents revised, a lot of chests with useful equipment no longer have an absurd chance of appearing combined with an absurd chance of the item being inside of it. This admittedly isn't completely fixed.
+Fast-forward button to hasten the speed of the game and help you get around the more vast areas of the game in a reasonable amount of time.
+New Game + Strong Mode and Weak Mode for challenge run enthusiasts and people that want a replay only wanting to take in the story.
+Tons of extra equipment and revisions to apprehending certain items.
+Damage cap removed, making fights such as Yiazmat faster.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=789125

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #363 on: March 22, 2014, 09:06:19 PM »

Oh man, just the damage cap removal makes this a whole different game.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #364 on: March 22, 2014, 10:05:41 PM »

It's hard to play a game when Zidane's beautiful, prehensile tail keeps stirring you into a riotous lust.

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #365 on: March 22, 2014, 11:05:21 PM »

Sitting here listening to "Fight With Seymour" and getting the urge to break out Theatrhythm again. Hope SE announces Curtain Call for NA soon.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #366 on: March 22, 2014, 11:24:04 PM »

Sitting here listening to "Fight With Seymour" and getting the urge to break out Theatrhythm again. Hope SE announces Curtain Call for NA soon.

I'll never be more torn than whether or not I want that game.

+ I loved the first game a lot more than I ever thought I would
+ So much more stuff!!!!
+ While I admire the more rigidness of the first title (JUST sticking with music from FFI-XIII), I love that they're 'going outside' the main series now (EVEN FUCKING BENJAMIN)

- I suck dick at rhythm games
- -$$$$
- Basically I can't beat *any* of the "ultimate" level'd boss battles.
- The main goal is literally to just get all the characters in the post game.... meh.  It could use a way more extensive "library", perhaps unlock art or something -- which I think kinda makes sense for that 'other world' of a music-based title.

Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #367 on: March 23, 2014, 02:47:36 AM »

I'm just a little over seven hours into Golden Sun: Dark Dawn, and I've just made it to Ayuthay. I've been really enjoying the puzzles so far in this game. I haven't come across any really difficult puzzles yet, but when I solve one I do get a pretty good sense of satisfaction. I'm also pleased that when an enemy goes down my team members that were supposed to attack that unit don't just sit on their butts like they did in the GBA games. I did not that happened when I killed a group of enemies that I was going to do a group magical attack against, but that is more understandable than simple attacks.

Also got Chrono Trigger DS finally. I'm going to play it after I finish up GS: DD.
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #368 on: March 23, 2014, 05:33:53 AM »

+ While I admire the more rigidness of the first title (JUST sticking with music from FFI-XIII), I love that they're 'going outside' the main series now (EVEN FUCKING BENJAMIN)

Wait, Mystic Quest (Legend) is in it? That game had awesome music! They'd better include the Doom Castle theme or I'm going to be upset :(

Anyway, been playing Luftrausers. One of the engines farts bullets.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #369 on: March 23, 2014, 11:36:13 AM »

Wait, Mystic Quest (Legend) is in it? That game had awesome music! They'd better include the Doom Castle theme or I'm going to be upset :(

Anyway, been playing Luftrausers. One of the engines farts bullets.

I'd rank the main battle and boss theme from Mystic Quest pretty damn high even against the rest of the main series.  I'd kill to see it modernized. x)

I'm just a little over seven hours into Golden Sun: Dark Dawn, and I've just made it to Ayuthay. I've been really enjoying the puzzles so far in this game. I haven't come across any really difficult puzzles yet, but when I solve one I do get a pretty good sense of satisfaction. I'm also pleased that when an enemy goes down my team members that were supposed to attack that unit don't just sit on their butts like they did in the GBA games. I did not that happened when I killed a group of enemies that I was going to do a group magical attack against, but that is more understandable than simple attacks.

Also got Chrono Trigger DS finally. I'm going to play it after I finish up GS: DD.

I wish to Christ they'd make the next one.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #370 on: March 23, 2014, 01:35:45 PM »

Dark Souls II:

The giant dog that was wrecking my shit was really a giant rat. He and the giant spider are dead now.

I also summoned a guy that goes by the nickname of LORD-OF-THE-ASS on PSN. Good times.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #371 on: March 23, 2014, 04:05:44 PM »

MGS3 - Oh god the fury.

Soul Hackers - Beat the warehouse and went 'splorin. Got joined by some new Law demons (I think it was harpy and the old blue lady fish). Gally Trot refuses to join me even though I keep giving him chicken.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Klyde Chroma
Lvl. 7 Fruity Ninja and Dincrest groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #372 on: March 23, 2014, 05:55:44 PM »

6 more bosses down in FF TAY. Still no end in sight. Found it strange that there was a "Bartz" reference at the end of a battle considering this part of 4 universe and 5 came after 4 (I don't know why that disturbed me)

In other news gaming ADHD is kicking in as I muse over what to play next. I was pretty sure it was gonna be Atelier E&L but now I'm realizing winter is ending and the place in my house where my XBOX is becomes ungodly hot (can't move systems, very intricate set-up coupled with laziness) in the summer...

Long story short, my mind is beginning to gravitate toward Blue Dragon. I know it is not the most well regarded but I have been on an Akira Toriyama kick since last august and only have about 50 episodes left of Dragon Ball (I already re-watched all of Z and GT, its been quite the marathon) and I feel like Blue Dragon is just appropriate now. I think it is also tempting because I pretty much know what to expect from Atelier and most of everything else on my shelf but I have yet to touch a Mistwalker game.

EDIT: Gamecube is also in the "winter room" in my house.... Skies of Arcadia is also a possibility but it doesn't have the Toriyama appeal to me. Hmmmmmm decisions.... Hell, by the time I finally get through FF4TaY 3 more games will probably come out I want to play!-LoL

« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 06:01:59 PM by Klyde Chroma » Logged

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #373 on: March 23, 2014, 05:59:10 PM »

Just got to the Ice Temple in FFX. About to fight Seymour for the first time. I remember this battle being difficult, but I could be wrong.

The only Seymour battle I hated was the one on Mount Gagazet.

"Death Awaits You!"

I love when people tell me a battle is tough, so I over-level.  Then I got through it fine.  That was the situation when I did this fight.
The chocobo eater too.  I got Fira and the battle was over in seconds.  It was divine.

For me, the battle I hated most was when Kimahri
Code:
fights his two big brothers by himself.
 I did not feel like levelling up the "useless kitten" (as General Mortars liked to call him back in the day) so I figured I'd GameShark the fight.  Worst decision ever.  This is the only instance where Gamesharking made something more trying.  That battle became the longest and most tedious boss battle I'd ever experienced in an RPG.  I knew I'd win, but it took for-freaking-ever.  

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Klyde Chroma
Lvl. 7 Fruity Ninja and Dincrest groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #374 on: March 23, 2014, 06:25:59 PM »

Damn its been like a decade and I still remember hating the Kimahri fight....

Just checked out some sceens of Blue Dragon. Holy heck does that SCREAM Akira Toriyama. Way more visually "Akira" in my eyes then most of his work (Chrono Trigger and Dragon Quest).

Just looking at the screens, I feel like if you told me this was an RPG set in Dragon Ball universe I'd believe you.

My decision is becoming somewhat easier.

Something about Toriyama's style captivates me boy... it isn't good per se in terms of "art" by my standards, albeit very unique and signature of him... Can't explain it for the life of me but I love it.

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 156 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: