Author Topic: A Game Journal Reborn  (Read 1956420 times)

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
Re: A Game Journal Reborn
« Reply #390 on: March 24, 2014, 01:46:19 AM »
Dice, ignore everything and get Jech Shot 2.
You don't need a team.

You're still gonna need to level Tidus enough to get off more than one shot of the thing.

Also to actually be able to learn Jecht Shot mk2.

Also also, keep a goalie around at least so you don't have your opponents scoring a dozen goals while you wait for Tidus' HP to recharge after shooting once.

Actually, might as well just keep Besaid's chucklefucks around since you already have them and everything, and they'll give you something to do in between Jecht Shots.
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Esper_Crusader

• I love you, Dr. Zaius
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: March 24, 2014, 01:53:04 AM »
Blitzball is fun for a while, and then gets impossible to lose at. Jecht Shot 2.Right?
Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky

CluelessWonder

• View Profile
« Reply #392 on: March 24, 2014, 04:29:39 AM »
Still working on clearing out iOS games.  Just finished The Devil's Attorney which was  a fun game.  The writing was funny and voice acting was surprisingly good.

Fate/Extra -  Defeated my first opponent.  First day of second opponent.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 05:18:28 AM by CluelessWonder »
Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief

Bytor

• Ego Enhancement Consultant
  • Hiding in Inaba
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: March 24, 2014, 08:20:34 AM »
You don't need a team.

DICE, ignore everything, up to and including the entire stupid mini-game of Blitzball
Everything's Eventual

Maxximum

• RPGFan Editor
  • Fills you with determiantion
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: March 24, 2014, 08:50:33 AM »
DmC was cheap, so I bought it. Its surprisingly not terrible, in fact, I'd even say its rather good.
NOW PLAYING:
I can't tell you

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: March 24, 2014, 11:13:23 AM »
You don't need a team.

DICE, ignore everything, up to and including the entire stupid mini-game of Blitzball

That does kinda preclude her from getting any of Wakka's other Reels/top tier stuffs.

Kinda one of my problems with the game that I had posted about earlier. Since the main plot and setting are so straight forward compared to other FF games, Square tried to make up for it with ridiculous amounts of sidequests/minigames spread across a large portion of the game. Up to Mushroom Rock Road and already I'm looking for Al Bed primers, Crests and Sigils, money to donate to O'aka, players to blitz with, so that I can level up my scouting ability, to improve my ability to recruit players, to play through the seasons of the blitz, and that Summoner Chick who'll eventually whip out the Magus Sisters after fighting all the other summons first. And I still haven't gotten to doofing around with teaching Summons anything or modifying equipment, or the monster arena, and so on.

And then there's the minigames, Blitzball, Lightning Dodging, Chocobo Racing, and so on. It's worse than a Zelda game in here.
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Blace

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: March 24, 2014, 12:30:38 PM »
On Mt. Gagazet right now in front of the Seymour battle. Did a bunch of the Calm Land side quests beforehand and picked up Yojimbo and the cloudy mirror, but I'm going to wait till I get the airship before I go all the way back to unlock its power. The Kimahri battle was easier than I remembered, but I also knew the entire game it was going to happen so I switched to him in every battle just to get a shot in and get AP before subbing him back out for people I actually like haha. That damn chocobo race where you have to get 5 treasure chests is the most annoying bullshit of all time btw. I have the route down to perfection and I am right on top of the chocobo at the end but I have yet to get past it at the finish line. I literally tried non-stop for over an hour last night and was cursing at my tv. I literally do nothing wrong and still lose! I looked up videos on youtube and they do the exact same shit as me and somehow win... I don't get it and is pisses me off lol.

ultra7k

• View Profile
« Reply #397 on: March 24, 2014, 12:39:40 PM »
Took a peek at a walkthrough, seems I am about half way through Final Fantasy II for PSP. I swear though, if I get ambushed one more time...I just wish stat upgrades were more...consistent. I mean, I can lose HP and gain an upgrade at the end of a battle...but MP for Maria? Nope, it hasn't gone up in something like 50 battles.

Also, just need to snag 4 more trophies in Lightning Returns for a platinum...I just dread going through the desert dungeon again.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 12:41:42 PM by ultra7k »

CluelessWonder

• View Profile
« Reply #398 on: March 24, 2014, 12:44:52 PM »
I ignored Blitzball too only because I was horrible at it.  I didn't like the sphere grid either.  I vaguely remember having problems in Kimahri's grid and running into locks and not knowing where to go.  I actually preferred X-2 and the dress spheres.
Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief

Holykael1

• What is a man?
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: March 24, 2014, 12:48:23 PM »
Started Metal Gear Rising, and wow, what an incredible game.  Platinum is in such a different league when compared to other developers, it's insane.

Finished Thomas Was Alone, talk about wasted potential.  Also working my way through chapter 5 in Bravely Default.

Metal Gear Rising set the standard for action games for me. It was the kind of EXPLOSIVE game that really clicked with me., it's not without it's flaws but IT'S AWESOME. I want a sequel so bad, with more development time ofc..

Starmongoose

• Forum Moderator
  • Contributing Editor
  • I Mean Bismuth
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: March 24, 2014, 12:51:19 PM »
I ignored Blitzball too only because I was horrible at it.  I didn't like the sphere grid either.  I vaguely remember having problems in Kimahri's grid and running into locks and not knowing where to go.  I actually preferred X-2 and the dress spheres.

That's because Kihamri is useless and doesn't have a sphere grid of his own, he just can join unto someone elses albeit about 30 sphere levels behind.

Penguin Boss Demands You Join Our Discord!

CLICK HERE TO BE TAKEN TO THE RPGFAN DISCORD

Blace

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: March 24, 2014, 01:20:51 PM »

That's because Kihamri is useless and doesn't have a sphere grid of his own, he just can join unto someone elses albeit about 30 sphere levels behind.

Pretty much why I have never liked him. I chose Lulu's route this time (using the expert grid) and drain made the 2 on 1 fight a breeze. I never got close to dying and I could lancet all the moves off of them.

Yggdrasil

• Loathed by Six Heretics
  • Banninated
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: March 24, 2014, 01:28:57 PM »
Metal Gear Rising set the standard for action games for me. It was the kind of EXPLOSIVE game that really clicked with me., it's not without it's flaws but IT'S AWESOME. I want a sequel so bad, with more development time ofc..

Rising did pretty well I think. Wouldn't be crazy to assume that there have already been plans for a sequel.

I really liked how the gameplay is basically a mix between Ninja Gaiden and Vanquish. Is not perfect, but a sequel could potentially end up being close to something like Ninja Gaiden Black.

Dice

• I'm fart and I'm smunny
  • AMG A GIRL
  • RPGFan and Dice forever...
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt site!  Come, stay, laugh, cry.
« Reply #403 on: March 24, 2014, 01:40:09 PM »

Hm.  I might have him as a Rikku sub.  Unless there's a machine enemy she tends to fall by the way side too (at least I never found a huge use for her in the main game)
http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!

Annubis

• ee yan~☆
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: March 24, 2014, 01:54:09 PM »
Hm.  I might have him as a Rikku sub.  Unless there's a machine enemy she tends to fall by the way side too (at least I never found a huge use for her in the main game)

Rikku shines in low level / no sphere grid playthrough because of her "everything does 9999" recipe.