Author Topic: A Game Journal Reborn  (Read 1969422 times)

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
Re: A Game Journal Reborn
« Reply #420 on: March 25, 2014, 07:10:05 PM »
Nah, I'm fully aware of Squeenix's love for cramming faxu Sci-fi (or Syfy if you will) into everything they do lately, especially in regards to Teh Wunder Years' plot. I was merely pointing out FFIV's Sci-fi shenanigans just to give you a hard time (and yet I somehow failed to mention the tanks, I even mentioned the Giant of Ba'bil and still forgot about those dwarven tanks).
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Klyde Chroma

• LVL. 99 - Midnight Crusader
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: March 25, 2014, 08:40:26 PM »
Nah, I'm fully aware of Squeenix's love for cramming faxu Sci-fi (or Syfy if you will) into everything they do lately, especially in regards to Teh Wunder Years' plot. I was merely pointing out FFIV's Sci-fi shenanigans just to give you a hard time (and yet I somehow failed to mention the tanks, I even mentioned the Giant of Ba'bil and still forgot about those dwarven tanks).

It's cool man. I forgive you for forgetting the tanks in light of the fact that you remembered the frankenstein spoof boss on account of it being a personal favorite boss of mine no matter how far out of context it takes things... Can you get more epic that a Dark Knight turned Paladin squaring off against frankenstein's monster???? I think not.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 08:42:57 PM by Klyde Chroma »
I am more a battlefield than a Ninja.

MeshGearFox

• HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: March 25, 2014, 08:50:28 PM »
Syfy

Sinnado?

--- edit ---

Dragon Force - Not much real progress. Did take a castle some guy accidentally abandoned, and talked to a vampire. I think I need to start giving medals to guys that didn't win them so I can, uh, improve my forces. Also need to try and get monks for Wein.

I wanna say that this feels like a vastly more interesting Suikoden to me.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 12:07:51 AM by MeshGearFox »
o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Annubis

• ee yan~☆
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: March 26, 2014, 01:02:18 AM »
So, the bot lane died 38 times.
Thirty eight freaking times.

Some people are so bad at LoL it defies all logic.

CluelessWonder

• View Profile
« Reply #424 on: March 26, 2014, 03:03:31 AM »
Tried playing Obscure:  The Aftermath after reading someone describing it as Scooby-Doo like.  It may be a group of teens trying to solve a mystery and survive monsters, but Scooby it is not.  The characters seem one dimensional and annoying.  They are people I would never associate with at all.  Combat is kinda wonky.  The AI controlled player walks into my path all the time.  Camera angles are bad too.  I'll watch a let's play of it, but repeatedly dying is no fun. 
Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief

Maxximum

• RPGFan Editor
  • Fills you with determiantion
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: March 26, 2014, 05:00:57 AM »
Beat the Bill O'reilly Bob Barbas boss fight in DmC. Wasn't too hard once I figured out what to do. It was just creepy and innovative enough to make it interesting and fairly unique. Overall, I'm still enjoying the game. Also, I may be over thinking, it but I'm almost certain that the way they designed the fire uppercut move is a little too reminiscent of Streetfighter to be coincidence.
NOW PLAYING:
I can't tell you

Klutz64

• I Like Wacky Hats
  • May Your Heart be Your Guiding Key
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: March 26, 2014, 09:41:47 AM »
Tried the Conception 2 demo, certainly still not interested in the game. Tried out Crusader in Diablo 3, but only for a half hour or so, and liked it well enough. Made it to chapter 2 in Witch & The Hundred Knight. Still really liking that one, Metallia is one of the most disturbing video game characters since Albedo.

Blace

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: March 26, 2014, 10:06:17 AM »
Beat Yunalesca after making a mistake the first go around and having to try a second time. Accidentally used a mega phoenix when one of my characters was afflicted with zombie and couldn't recover. I realized the second time that constantly getting rid of the zombie affliction is pointless because she'll just use megadeath and instantly kill anyone who isn't zombied. I would just leave my characters zombied until they got really low on HP and then get rid of it to heal them. She really doesn't have a power move that does a ton of damage so it wasn't too hard once I figured this out. The most she did to a character at a time was like 500 or so. I eventually got her down low enough on the third form to use all my overdrives and finish her off. Now on to sidequests!

Annubis

• ee yan~☆
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: March 26, 2014, 10:34:57 AM »
That fight is piss easy if you just put zombieproof on your armors.

Blace

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: March 26, 2014, 11:05:22 AM »
That fight is piss easy if you just put zombieproof on your armors.

Did not have the items for it at the time.

Jimmy

• Wakens the Ferine Strain
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: March 26, 2014, 01:21:27 PM »
I'm just a little over seven hours into Golden Sun: Dark Dawn, and I've just made it to Ayuthay. I've been really enjoying the puzzles so far in this game. I haven't come across any really difficult puzzles yet, but when I solve one I do get a pretty good sense of satisfaction. I'm also pleased that when an enemy goes down my team members that were supposed to attack that unit don't just sit on their butts like they did in the GBA games. I did not that happened when I killed a group of enemies that I was going to do a group magical attack against, but that is more understandable than simple attacks.

Also got Chrono Trigger DS finally. I'm going to play it after I finish up GS: DD.

I wish to Christ they'd make the next one.

Considering that we waited seven flippin' years between TLA and DD, I doubt another will be coming any time soon. One can hope though and I certainly will!

I'm about 13 hours in at this point. I just made it back over the mountains and I'm on my way to Belinsk. I think I may have missed a Djinni or two, but I can't really go back at this point so I'm trying not to fret about it yet. I'm really liking the progression of the story so far. I love how the task of getting the materials they need to fix the flight machine thing (I forget what it's called) has ballooned into something far more massive. No complexities, which is nice for a change since I've been reading books for almost the last four years with minimal game playing.

I keep having to remind myself that this is Matthew and Tyrell. I keep referring to them as Isaac and Garret in my head even though I haven't played through the first two games in years.

Monsoon

• Electric Mayhem
  • RPGFan Editor
    • View Profile
    • Can't Stop the Monsoon
« Reply #431 on: March 26, 2014, 05:07:29 PM »
I'm in a weird place - several times over the past week I've tried to start up a new game (most of them being RPGs), but quit after 90 minutes and go back to Persona 3 Portable or bull**** card games on my phone.  Nothing's really seizing my attention right now.  Going to fire up Digital Devil Saga tonight and see how that goes.  Bought it several months ago, taking it out of the plastic shortly. 

CluelessWonder

• View Profile
« Reply #432 on: March 26, 2014, 05:22:49 PM »
Brothers was the last game I really liked and wanted to play.  Most of the games I've played recently, I've given up on or just played intermittently.  I need to play a game that gets me hooked.
Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief

Holykael1

• What is a man?
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: March 26, 2014, 06:04:38 PM »
Brothers was the last game I really liked and wanted to play.  Most of the games I've played recently, I've given up on or just played intermittently.  I need to play a game that gets me hooked.

If you have a list of games you have available maybe we could give you a hand with some recommendations or wtv.

Elegance

• View Profile
« Reply #434 on: March 26, 2014, 06:19:24 PM »
I got a little carried away with grinding in Bravely Default.  Each character has all the jobs maxed out (except for the one job I don't have yet), so now it's time to figure out the best job combos.