Author Topic: A Game Journal Reborn  (Read 1966430 times)

MeshGearFox

• HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!
    • View Profile
Re: A Game Journal Reborn
« Reply #435 on: March 26, 2014, 10:45:45 PM »
Dragon Force - Found some guy that was controlling the immortals maybe? Got stomped in that fight and Hikkis got captured. Got a quest to take out Zanon -- maybe that guy was Zanon idk. Also Palemoon joined me and now I have a ton of generals I don't know what to do with.

Have like three awards left. Think I might give them to Bastion and Shadow. I want to avoid overusing my good dudes 'cause then I'll have like three good dudes and a bunch of level 1 dudes with 10 dudes defending my buildingdudes.

Dragon QUest 6- I haven't played this in a few days, but does anyone else read everything Carver says in Reyn's voice? Because I do.

I have no why I like the DQ series but find the first two Suikoden games to be so unbearably dull.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 11:57:11 PM by MeshGearFox »
o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Annubis

• ee yan~☆
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: March 26, 2014, 11:26:21 PM »
Tried the LoL team builder.

Carried this shit?
Carried this shit.

solidbatman

• Zetsubou Sensei
  • The real me exists on the internet!
    • View Profile
    • Fuwanovel
« Reply #437 on: March 26, 2014, 11:43:43 PM »
For as much as Bravely Default does right, I really do not want to keep playing. And I'm only in Chapter 3. The story simply isn't working for me, and the same jokes are only funny so many times. It's just a bore to go through for a few moments of bliss.

That said, I'll give it a second go before too long. Final Fantasy Theatrhythm and Danganronpa are my main two games right now.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 11:47:33 PM by solidbatman »

Dice

• I'm fart and I'm smunny
  • AMG A GIRL
  • RPGFan and Dice forever...
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt site!  Come, stay, laugh, cry.
« Reply #438 on: March 26, 2014, 11:50:51 PM »
For as much as Bravely Default does right, I really do not want to keep playing. And I'm only in Chapter 3. The story simply isn't working for me, and the same jokes are only funny so many times. It's just a bore to go through for a few moments of bliss.

I've been calling the game "the best experiment".  For how much it does *so* right, it gets a lot wrong.
I say press on if you love the gameplay.  But, um, if you're sick by Chapter 3, you'll hate the last few (infamous) chapters.

I played Final Fantasy X!
Mi'hen Road!  I'm so scared/intimidated by getting the sigils later on... Hot f*** this game made you really, REALLY work for the ultimate weapons.  I'm torn since about a year ago I complained that FF9 made it too easy (like, literally, 80% of the best stuff is from Choco Hot Cold).
I was proud I was able to kill the Chocobo Eater (I've never knocked him off the edge...really don't know how).  I accidently activated the boss without learning Fira (which otherwise makes this battle last two rounds).  so yay I did that.

Also took on Professor Layton: The Unwound Future.
Is it just me or are the puzzles really tough?  I kinda miss the more 'interactive' puzzles from the 3DS games, a lot of the NDS ones are point and click and word/number games.  I suck ass at this title because of it.  Number puzzles especially are a no-go for me.
http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!

Elegance

• View Profile
« Reply #439 on: March 26, 2014, 11:59:51 PM »
Also took on Professor Layton: The Unwound Future.
Is it just me or are the puzzles really tough?  I kinda miss the more 'interactive' puzzles from the 3DS games, a lot of the NDS ones are point and click and word/number games.  I suck ass at this title because of it.  Number puzzles especially are a no-go for me.
It's been a while, but I think I do remember the puzzles being the most difficult in that one.  It's funny you mention them being non-interactive because that one probably introduced the most interactivity at the time (but yes, the 3DS ones expanded on that greatly).  By the way, you're in for a treat if this your first time going through it.

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: March 27, 2014, 01:07:45 AM »

I've been calling the game "the best experiment".  For how much it does *so* right, it gets a lot wrong.
I say press on if you love the gameplay.  But, um, if you're sick by Chapter 3, you'll hate the last few (infamous) chapters.

I played Final Fantasy X!
Mi'hen Road!  I'm so scared/intimidated by getting the sigils later on... Hot f*** this game made you really, REALLY work for the ultimate weapons.  I'm torn since about a year ago I complained that FF9 made it too easy (like, literally, 80% of the best stuff is from Choco Hot Cold).
I was proud I was able to kill the Chocobo Eater (I've never knocked him off the edge...really don't know how).  I accidently activated the boss without learning Fira (which otherwise makes this battle last two rounds).  so yay I did that.

Well, at least you don't have to beat the toughest optional boss fight in the game for them (but getting all of them up and running in this game is still made of fail and lose).

Also, to knock the Eater over the edge, you have to knock it down (takes like 1500 HP of damage to do), deal some more damage to it while prone (about 500 HP), three times (whereas, from where you start, only two shoves will send you to your Disney Death). If it shoves you at all, you're basically screwed into killing it or getting shoved off your self (You could heal it, but the longer the fight goes, the more you risk having it spam its shove move and just straight up shoving your ass off the cliff.

Anyways, went back to Luca to recruit some ladies for team Tidus' Angels and now I have two ladies (a bar chick and a reporter chick) and a Highroad to re-traverse.

Still haven't done squat to my Sphere Grid yet either.
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

CluelessWonder

• View Profile
« Reply #441 on: March 27, 2014, 02:46:53 AM »
Brothers was the last game I really liked and wanted to play.  Most of the games I've played recently, I've given up on or just played intermittently.  I need to play a game that gets me hooked.

If you have a list of games you have available maybe we could give you a hand with some recommendations or wtv.

Thanks for the offer.  I get gamefly so anything they offer is available.  I think that is part of my problem.  I put games on my queue that I normally wouldn't play if I had to buy them.  So now I am playing games that I find I don't like or just find mediocre.  Also I am kind of crazy and feel like I have to get a good ending for Atelier Totori but I hate replaying games.  So I stopped playing console RPGs until I do that.  That's why I've been hitting the psp (my bf hijacked my 3ds).   Right now Fate/Extra hasn't pulled me in.  I like going around the school and researching stuff.  I'm just not a fan of the battle system.  I only play one rpg at a time so the next game I am thinking of playing is either Splinter Cell:  Blacklist, Farcry 3 or The Last of Us.
Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief

Blace

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: March 27, 2014, 09:45:18 AM »
Ugh I hate the chocobo race you have to get 0:00 on to get Tidus' weapon. I played if for 2 hours last night and I got 3 seconds like four times and even got 1 second with 12 balloons and 0 birds and thought I had it. I wanted to throw my Vita into the wall. This shit is just too luck based. My one complaint from this game really...

Annubis

• ee yan~☆
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: March 27, 2014, 09:53:43 AM »
Ugh I hate the chocobo race you have to get 0:00 on to get Tidus' weapon. I played if for 2 hours last night and I got 3 seconds like four times and even got 1 second with 12 balloons and 0 birds and thought I had it. I wanted to throw my Vita into the wall. This shit is just too luck based. My one complaint from this game really...

Funny enough, I find that's the easiest one of the painful ones.
Butterfly, lightning dodge and anything Wakka is way worst for me.

Also, in my second playthrough I got 00:00:00 EXACTLY and it did give me the crest/sigil.
Most FAQs say you have to score under 0, so I was sweating beads, fists clenched awaiting the game's decision.
(followed by a victorious roar!)
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 09:55:40 AM by Annubis »

Klutz64

• I Like Wacky Hats
  • May Your Heart be Your Guiding Key
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: March 27, 2014, 09:55:42 AM »
Made it to the Calm Lands yesterday, been trying to do the initial side quests there. Finally found the 9th enemy for the Arena after an hour of having 8/9. It turned out to be the Anacondour that I was missing. Anyway, next is Remiem temple before I move on to Gagazet.

@Dice: Completely agree about FF9, getting the final weapons in that game is a joke.

And yeah, the FFX series is notorious for tough mini-games for the best stuff. Every time I think about replaying FFX-2 the first thing that comes to mind is how I'll have to calibrate lightning towers again >.<

Blace

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: March 27, 2014, 11:07:31 AM »
Hell yes just finished with a 0.00! Now to get the sigil...

Dice

• I'm fart and I'm smunny
  • AMG A GIRL
  • RPGFan and Dice forever...
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt site!  Come, stay, laugh, cry.
« Reply #446 on: March 27, 2014, 11:35:54 AM »

I figured if my ten year younger self could do it, I could do it again a bit older and wiser.

...I'm still gonna hate it.  I don't think I even bothered starting the quests till I got No Encounters though...
http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!

Draak

• View Profile
« Reply #447 on: March 27, 2014, 12:15:36 PM »
Beat Fallout a while ago. Despite the rocky start, random CTDs and weird bugs, which I believe might have been caused by the Fixt (oh the irony), it ended up as an excellent game. Should've stickied to the vanilla version, though.

The freedom to play the way you want was invigorating too. Most problems could've been solved by smooth talking, whereas in NV you eventually had to shoot something. Learning of the humble beginnings of the BoS, NCR and other factions was nice, better than just reading the wiki.

Now on to (unmodded) Fallout 2.

Blace

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: March 27, 2014, 12:55:08 PM »

I figured if my ten year younger self could do it, I could do it again a bit older and wiser.

...I'm still gonna hate it.  I don't think I even bothered starting the quests till I got No Encounters though...

Yeah my 15 year old self did it so there was no way I was quitting until I beat it haha. I don't remember where to get the no encounters weapon though.

Edit: I just realized I got EXACTLY 0.00 so I didn't get the sigil. ARE YOU KIDDING ME
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 01:05:04 PM by Blace »

CluelessWonder

• View Profile
« Reply #449 on: March 27, 2014, 01:07:30 PM »
So while I am still playing Fate/Extra, I am deciding on my next rpg.  To spark back my interest, I think playing a game in one of my favorite series will be good for me.  So it will either be Persona or Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology. 
Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief