Author Topic: A Game Journal Reborn

mecharobot

• Trombe!
    • View Profile
Re: A Game Journal Reborn
« Reply #450 on: March 27, 2014, 01:44:06 PM »
Not much new here, still playing Tales of Symphonia and not far from getting to the part where the routes merge in SRW OG (Kyosuke route). I think I'm progressing quite smoothly in Tales. Made it past Sylvarant and now I have some new party members. I'm not sure who to use really. Sheena has three summons + the starter one, but I've never seen the AI use any of them so I usually keep her benched. Funds are still a problem, but the ex skill ability that gets you items from talking to female npcs seems to net me tons of healing items so I don't have to waste all my cash on life potions and gels.

As for SRW, not really much to say. I'm somewhat lacking a good finisher, since the game won't give me Rampage Ghost yet and I don't want to waste my money on R-Gun's Metal Destroyer at this part of the game either. I miss having a Grungust around. I did get some extra funds with the game over trick and tried to level Viletta and Gilliam, but the level cap for them is too high too soon + it is boring, so I think I'll just skip on having the special mechs I'd get from them. It's just extra gespenst and a huck anyway and I think I can spare them something else in the end game, like upgraded Lion F.

I've mostly wasted my time with other things and playing some Anno 1404 and 2070. The former I liked until I had to do combat in the campaign. 2070 I've been playing for much longer, mostly finishing some world events (timed mini campaigns). It's a nice time sink, but either I suck or it tends to slow down tremendously when you shoot for higher populations. Also I finally decided to build a nuclear missile just for kicks and bomb my peaceful neighbor with it. She had it coming with all those "tea" farms of hers.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 01:45:46 PM by mecharobot »

Dice

• I'm fart and I'm smunny
  • AMG A GIRL
  • RPGFan and Dice forever...
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt site!  Come, stay, laugh, cry.
« Reply #451 on: March 27, 2014, 02:00:07 PM »
Ugh I hate the chocobo race you have to get 0:00 on to get Tidus' weapon. I played if for 2 hours last night and I got 3 seconds like four times and even got 1 second with 12 balloons and 0 birds and thought I had it. I wanted to throw my Vita into the wall. This shit is just too luck based. My one complaint from this game really...

I figured if my ten year younger self could do it, I could do it again a bit older and wiser.

...I'm still gonna hate it.  I don't think I even bothered starting the quests till I got No Encounters though...

Yeah my 15 year old self did it so there was no way I was quitting until I beat it haha. I don't remember where to get the no encounters weapon though.

Edit: I just realized I got EXACTLY 0.00 so I didn't get the sigil. ARE YOU KIDDING ME

You need less than 0.00. :)
EDIT: It's either less or you have to hit the zero mark again...

GOOD LUCK
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 02:03:33 PM by Dice »
http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!

Blace

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: March 27, 2014, 02:06:21 PM »
It has to be less than 0.00

I got 36.0 seconds with 13 balloons and 1 bird... which is exactly 0. FML

Annubis

• ee yan~☆
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: March 27, 2014, 04:11:18 PM »

Unless they changed it, 0.00 worked for me on the PS2.

Mickeymac92

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: March 27, 2014, 04:23:10 PM »
Exactly a Month and already 31 pages into this thread. O_O

Anyways, mostly been playing Shin Megami Tensei on the iPad, with a smattering of other games here and there. Might include Wild Arms and maybe Atelier Iris in that smattering soon. Who knows.

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes

Blace

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: March 27, 2014, 05:32:15 PM »

Unless they changed it, 0.00 worked for me on the PS2.

They had to of changed it because I looked in my inventory after realizing it didn't say I got it and it is not there. I'm so salty. It took me forever to get a good enough run to get 0.00 and i needed .001 less than I got to get the sigil.

Monsoon

• Electric Mayhem
  • RPGFan Editor
    • View Profile
    • Can't Stop the Monsoon
« Reply #456 on: March 27, 2014, 07:20:30 PM »
Really digging Digital Devil Saga so far.  Only have three party members, right in the middle of the Slugs' Citadel dungeon; looking forward to see how all this shakes out. 

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: March 28, 2014, 01:56:20 AM »
Not much new here, still playing Tales of Symphonia and not far from getting to the part where the routes merge in SRW OG (Kyosuke route). I think I'm progressing quite smoothly in Tales. Made it past Sylvarant and now I have some new party members. I'm not sure who to use really. Sheena has three summons + the starter one, but I've never seen the AI use any of them so I usually keep her benched. Funds are still a problem, but the ex skill ability that gets you items from talking to female npcs seems to net me tons of healing items so I don't have to waste all my cash on life potions and gels.

As for SRW, not really much to say. I'm somewhat lacking a good finisher, since the game won't give me Rampage Ghost yet and I don't want to waste my money on R-Gun's Metal Destroyer at this part of the game either. I miss having a Grungust around. I did get some extra funds with the game over trick and tried to level Viletta and Gilliam, but the level cap for them is too high too soon + it is boring, so I think I'll just skip on having the special mechs I'd get from them. It's just extra gespenst and a huck anyway and I think I can spare them something else in the end game, like upgraded Lion F.

I've mostly wasted my time with other things and playing some Anno 1404 and 2070. The former I liked until I had to do combat in the campaign. 2070 I've been playing for much longer, mostly finishing some world events (timed mini campaigns). It's a nice time sink, but either I suck or it tends to slow down tremendously when you shoot for higher populations. Also I finally decided to build a nuclear missile just for kicks and bomb my peaceful neighbor with it. She had it coming with all those "tea" farms of hers.

For shits and giggles, I'd put your money into Katarina in the Giganscudo and let her run wild with Valor.

Otherwise focus on Cybuster or Valsione for their map weapon shenanigans, the R-1's Shining TK Finger for R-Formation shenanigans (the game's OTHER combo attack), or Irm's Gungrust (as he's solid in both GBA OG games).

That said, beat a Sinspawn in the Mushroom Kingdom Rock. Scored a shitload of Lv.1 Keyspheres for my trouble. Now its time to get the hell out of dodge and into the next temple.
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Klutz64

• I Like Wacky Hats
  • May Your Heart be Your Guiding Key
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: March 28, 2014, 10:06:17 AM »
Played a bunch more FFX last night. Got the Chocobo Master trophy for getting 5 Chests and winning the race under Remiem temple. Took me so many tries to shave off those last few milliseconds. Also won Wakka's Attack Reels and realized why I never get around to winning the Jupiter Sigil. While Blitzball is a blast when there's some challenge involved, it doesn't take long after getting the right team together to completely take all the fun out of the game. My last three matches:

vs. Al Bhed Psyches: 3 - 0
vs. Ronso ______: 6 - 0
vs. Luca Goers: 5 - 0

This was only the second tournament of the first season. The *minimum* amount of Blitzball you need to play is as follows:
- First Season ~8 games
- First Tournament (Attack Reels) 2-3 games
- Second Season (Status Reels) ~8 games
- Third Season ~8 games
- Second Tournament (Auroch Reels) 2-3 games
- Fourth Season (Jupiter Sigil) ~8 games

And that's only if the seasons give you the prize you want. Unlike tournaments you can't reset the prizes without completing the season. It's just so poorly designed because now I need to play through three seasons and a couple of tournaments despite not needing to put any effort into winning. I think this is why they made the changes they made in X-2 to at least make the matches faster.

Blace

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: March 28, 2014, 01:12:46 PM »
So I got sick of getting 0-3 seconds in the chocobo race and can't get it under 0 for some reason so I went and tried some other sidequests. Went to go get Anima to realize I missed one of the destruction spheres somehow so I tried remembering and I think it was ironically the very first one in Besaid Island. So I go there to unlock it to find out Dark Valefor attacks you as soon as you walk into the island and it destroys me... seriously this is so dumb. I can't get Anima unless I go train for hours on end and do the arena stuff and have ridiculous stats, which means I can't get Magus Sisters because you have to have Anima...ugh. I've played for 40 hours and DO NOT want to restart.

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: March 28, 2014, 04:22:20 PM »
Played a bunch more FFX last night. Got the Chocobo Master trophy for getting 5 Chests and winning the race under Remiem temple. Took me so many tries to shave off those last few milliseconds. Also won Wakka's Attack Reels and realized why I never get around to winning the Jupiter Sigil. While Blitzball is a blast when there's some challenge involved, it doesn't take long after getting the right team together to completely take all the fun out of the game. My last three matches:

vs. Al Bhed Psyches: 3 - 0
vs. Ronso ______: 6 - 0
vs. Luca Goers: 5 - 0

This was only the second tournament of the first season. The *minimum* amount of Blitzball you need to play is as follows:
- First Season ~8 games
- First Tournament (Attack Reels) 2-3 games
- Second Season (Status Reels) ~8 games
- Third Season ~8 games
- Second Tournament (Auroch Reels) 2-3 games
- Fourth Season (Jupiter Sigil) ~8 games

And that's only if the seasons give you the prize you want. Unlike tournaments you can't reset the prizes without completing the season. It's just so poorly designed because now I need to play through three seasons and a couple of tournaments despite not needing to put any effort into winning. I think this is why they made the changes they made in X-2 to at least make the matches faster.

Wait. You can play Blitzball in X-2? I thought that game was replaced by Sphere Break?

Anyways, after causally hitting 6 digit damage in Bravely Default, I had to ask myself what was the best combination to ratchet that damage to its highest level. I'll get back to you once I figure it out.
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Dice

• AMG A GIRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: March 29, 2014, 01:14:50 AM »
So I got sick of getting 0-3 seconds in the chocobo race and can't get it under 0 for some reason so I went and tried some other sidequests. Went to go get Anima to realize I missed one of the destruction spheres somehow so I tried remembering and I think it was ironically the very first one in Besaid Island. So I go there to unlock it to find out Dark Valefor attacks you as soon as you walk into the island and it destroys me... seriously this is so dumb. I can't get Anima unless I go train for hours on end and do the arena stuff and have ridiculous stats, which means I can't get Magus Sisters because you have to have Anima...ugh. I've played for 40 hours and DO NOT want to restart.

Shit.  I might have missed that first one too.....

I'm confident I can do the Chocobo race.  I think I've already said that I managed it 10 years ago (x___X time where u gone); and I remember I had more trouble hitting 0:00 than less than that (or hitting the same number twice --- whichever it is).  Practice was key, and I know I was about "this" close to throwing the controller, but I kept at it after occasional cool downs.

RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!

Annubis

• ee yan~☆
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: March 29, 2014, 01:16:44 AM »
Finished my second playthrough of Magical Diary (get it from weekly Humble Bundle for 1$).

Voted Most Likely To:
Become an evil dictator.

http://yearbook.spikycaterpillar.com/?c=h314023

Oh yeeeeeeeeeeah.

(Yes, I dated a girl. The guys are serious jerks in this game. Makes me wonder if the creators have a thing for jerks)

MeshGearFox

• HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: March 29, 2014, 01:19:03 AM »
MGS3 - I stripped a dude and caressed his unconscious bodyTHIS IS MY NEW FAVORITE GAME

NiGHTS HD - I forgot how to play this so I just screwed around in elliot's ice stage for a bit, but this is kind of what I wished the sonic games were. Also I somehow beat part of the stage AS Elliot? I didn't know you could do that..?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 03:19:38 AM by MeshGearFox »
o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Dice

• AMG A GIRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: March 29, 2014, 03:04:11 AM »
Final Fantasy X

= I love the gradual build up to the sort-of war sequence from Mi'gen to Mushroom rock.   Well done!  It felt realistic!  Till afterwards where you're like "Well fuck, that backfired....let's carry on with the original plan then!"
= No beef at all with new OST when it's combined with the "sounds and fury" of the in-game haps.  Besaid going somber kinda sucks, but eh.  I'm cool with it. :)
...now, if it was a Kingdom Hearts HD type of redone OST, then WOO, that'd have been nice.  Shimomura is wonderful and nailed her second go at KH1.
= Whoever the people are in charge of enemy movements and animating is aaamazing.  I've always loved the way the turtle-type enemy goes limp when you kill it...and the Flan monster that just ooze out.
= Eugh.  I'm gonna do some backtracking.  Apparently you can go right back to Besaid still and I wanna get some Blitz players
= I feel this game could be a million times better if the script wasn't so lousy.  The lore and world itself are wonderful.  The characters and "acting" are just all sorts of awkward... 
= You go Tidus.... You swim after the giant whale-sized Sin.  Good luck with that...you twat.
= Not to keep nit-picking, but if Seymour got rid of those fucking pigtails, he'd actually be a pretty cool looking character.  WTF ARE THOSE SPIKES THOUGH!?  HOW?!  WHY?!?!  DO THEY PROVIDE HBO?!  I BET THEY DO.

RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!