Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 21, 2014, 10:20:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341147 Posts in 13943 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Game Journals
| | |-+  A Game Journal Reborn
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 182 Print
Author Topic: A Game Journal Reborn  (Read 83004 times)
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #480 on: March 29, 2014, 10:45:24 PM »

You guys are making me want to re-play FFX soooo bad...and I have such a ridiculous backlog of games, lol

Quit work, equip undershirt, order pizza, grow beard, enjoy backlog.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #481 on: March 29, 2014, 10:47:13 PM »

You guys are making me want to re-play FFX soooo bad...and I have such a ridiculous backlog of games, lol

Give in and join the fun!

Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #482 on: March 29, 2014, 10:52:09 PM »

LOL, perhas when i finish Lost Odyssey, and I will finish this dammit. On the new game front I am a few hours into Zero Escape: VLR and I love the look and feel so far. Little Lady started Lunar 2 Eternal Blue, this should be interesting...she loved Silver Star so we'll see
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 12:02:38 AM by Bytor » Logged

Everything's Eventual
mecharobot

Thunder of the dogs! INDIGNATION

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #483 on: March 30, 2014, 12:00:19 AM »

So I got sick of getting 0-3 seconds in the chocobo race and can't get it under 0 for some reason so I went and tried some other sidequests. Went to go get Anima to realize I missed one of the destruction spheres somehow so I tried remembering and I think it was ironically the very first one in Besaid Island. So I go there to unlock it to find out Dark Valefor attacks you as soon as you walk into the island and it destroys me... seriously this is so dumb. I can't get Anima unless I go train for hours on end and do the arena stuff and have ridiculous stats, which means I can't get Magus Sisters because you have to have Anima...ugh. I've played for 40 hours and DO NOT want to restart.

Sounds like Zanmato time.
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #484 on: March 30, 2014, 12:29:05 AM »

So I got sick of getting 0-3 seconds in the chocobo race and can't get it under 0 for some reason so I went and tried some other sidequests. Went to go get Anima to realize I missed one of the destruction spheres somehow so I tried remembering and I think it was ironically the very first one in Besaid Island. So I go there to unlock it to find out Dark Valefor attacks you as soon as you walk into the island and it destroys me... seriously this is so dumb. I can't get Anima unless I go train for hours on end and do the arena stuff and have ridiculous stats, which means I can't get Magus Sisters because you have to have Anima...ugh. I've played for 40 hours and DO NOT want to restart.

Sounds like Zanmato time.

Yeah I could do that I guess. The chances are slim but it probably wouldnt take as long as grinding would.

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #485 on: March 30, 2014, 03:00:19 AM »

Oh well imma check out Umihara Kawase now.

Oh hey! There's actually somebody on this board who's aware of Umihara Kawase.

I thought I was the only one with any interest in this when the thread I made about it's localization went tits up faster than a sushi-chef in an oversized bizzaro not-fish tank filled with fish the size of giants.

Derailment aside, I'm through Djose and am ready to venture to Moonflow Besaid for female blitzball players now that I can backtrack again.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #486 on: March 30, 2014, 03:19:23 AM »

Umihara Kawase DS - Up to level 8? I think? Level 4 took me something like 60 tries to get through. The other ones, not anywhere near as much.

- Wall grabbing when jumping/using the fishing rod doesn't feel like it triggers consistently and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here.

- I'm having a hard time shooting the hook out at a consistent angle too. I feel like I'm pressing the d-pad diagonally, but sometimes it shoots straight up or straight out. I think this is more of an issue with the 3DS dpad though.

- I don't really get how the game handles momentum, especially when jumping out of a swing. Sometimes it seems like I just drop when I unhook, even when I'm on the upswing. Also is there any way to get start swinging back and forth once you've come to a stop?

Speaking of Steam.. lately I log on and think I've time traveled to the early '90s. Just seems like there's a new "Indie RPG" that looks straight out of RPG Maker on the new releases every single day.

My favorite part about Stem right now is when I see a new cool game and oh whoops it's early access, nevermind.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #487 on: March 30, 2014, 06:51:45 AM »

Started playing Virtue's Last Reward yesterday. I feel so bad for Clover getting stuck in three iterations of the Nonary game. Also feel bad for K since I am assuming he has been involved in all three also (I am assuming he is Ace, Snake, or Seven....probably Seven since he has horrible luck).

Also slowly working on my evil playthrough of Infamous. Not in a real rush on that though since I want all of Papertrail to be out before I finish that run and there are four weeks left on that.
Elegance

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #488 on: March 30, 2014, 02:40:17 PM »

Finished Bravely Default, Metal Gear Rising, and Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time.

Yes, it was a productive weekend for games.
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #489 on: March 30, 2014, 02:57:22 PM »

Decided blitzball was the next minigame I am doing. Won a couple of tournaments and got Wakka's Attack Reels and World Champion celestial weapon. Brother and Wedge are such beasts... I won every game at least 5-0 but many 7 or 8 to 0. So easy. Is there a trick to getting the prizes from tournaments what I want? Need 2 more reels for Wakka to get his sigil and they aren't popping up.

Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #490 on: March 30, 2014, 04:31:28 PM »

Finished Rune Factory 4. Really fun game. Only downside is how some characters totally revolve around their one character trait. Porcoline more than makes up for it though. Sechs Empire will always be Sex Empire to me. Don't even know how it is properly pronounced.

SMT IV.
I dunno. I am having a lot of fun with it but it feels like it is missing something that was in Lucifer's Call and Strange Journey. Maybe it is the amount of talking or that the world isn't as alien as SJ and SMT3 was. Can't really put my finger on it. Quality game though.

Etrian Odyssey 4

Third Floor of the second proper Labyrinth. My Party is Fortress, Landsknecht and Dancer in the front row with Medic and Runemaster in the back. Working well so far. Still have to try the RPGFan quest.

Etrian Odyssey Untold

Floor 10. About to tackle the second boss. Poor Fenrir. Look what Atlus did to you ;_;

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #491 on: March 30, 2014, 05:28:54 PM »

Sechs Empire will always be Sex Empire to me. Don't even know how it is properly pronounced.

/zɛks/

Like the guy from Gundam. Zechs Marquise.

Umihara Kawase - I keep replaying Level 4. Got my time down to under a minute.

Suikoden 3 - Did some ghost ship thing in Hugo Chapter 1. Is that mandatory? I don't remember doing it the first time I played S3. Gameplay's starting to click for me more although the dungeons remain not very interesting.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 07:08:36 PM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #492 on: March 30, 2014, 07:09:08 PM »

Decided blitzball was the next minigame I am doing. Won a couple of tournaments and got Wakka's Attack Reels and World Champion celestial weapon. Brother and Wedge are such beasts... I won every game at least 5-0 but many 7 or 8 to 0. So easy. Is there a trick to getting the prizes from tournaments what I want? Need 2 more reels for Wakka to get his sigil and they aren't popping up.

The Reels & Sigil are gotten from Tournament > League > Tournament > League. League prizes you have to hope you get lucky. Tournament prizes will change if you cancel out of a tournament before starting, exiting the Blitzball menu, and entering it again.
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #493 on: March 30, 2014, 09:23:42 PM »

Professor Layton: The Unwound Future

= Done!

= I was able to see a few spoilers coming (okay, sister, I believe you), but overall it was an extremely enjoyable plot.  Boy these Layton titles really love their grand finales, huh?  I love the old and new faces, and I love how the series often redeems or explains its villain (is that a spoiler?  Every game in the series does it!)

= The assets needed to pull off the plot....are extreme to say the least.

= I'd argue the plot was rather unjust actually.  The good still kinda lost, the bad kinda won.

= Holy fuck the puzzles in this game were the cruelest in the series, IMO.  Especially the bonus ones...  The last set can suck it; it takes Superhuman Knowledge for some of those (the last one is especially a big bag of dicks and I don't even mind the sliding puzzles that much).  A lot of the word game puzzles are mean and nothing upsets me more than the lack of clarity for a puzzle stops me more than trying to solve the problems itself

= Shit.  Is that it?  Azran is the last Layton-centric title?  Because I don't really like Level-5's current direction, and Layton was one of the few things that made me care.  And with the big bag off ass "Layton 7" looks like (even if that is just a temp title), I'm not looking forward to where my puzzle games are heading.  I might just jump onto Prof Layton X Phoenix Wright (despite it's rather luke-warm reviews) or Layton Brothers instead (a series I'm surprised they haven't made any further announcements for despite the potential).

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
Elegance

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #494 on: March 30, 2014, 09:42:08 PM »

= Shit.  Is that it?  Azran is the last Layton-centric title?  Because I don't really like Level-5's current direction, and Layton was one of the few things that made me care.  And with the big bag off ass "Layton 7" looks like (even if that is just a temp title), I'm not looking forward to where my puzzle games are heading.  I might just jump onto Prof Layton X Phoenix Wright (despite it's rather luke-warm reviews) or Layton Brothers instead (a series I'm surprised they haven't made any further announcements for despite the potential).
I would prefer Level-5 to go back to their roots instead (another Dark Cloud or Rogue Galaxy would be nice).  I love Layton, but I think a break from the series is a necessary breather.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 182 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: