Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2014, 02:50:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332856 Posts in 13639 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  A Game Journal Reborn
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 140 Print
Author Topic: A Game Journal Reborn  (Read 57171 times)
OrsonFury

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #525 on: April 01, 2014, 10:30:31 AM »

Beat Bravely Default last night. Loved the ending. If my TV is not being used for DVR purposes, I'll use the freedom to finish FFXIII-2 this week. I have 130-40ish/160 fragments, but can't really do a whole lot more until post-game opportunities open up to tie up loose ends. In the meantime I'll probably start up Fire Emblem: Awakening (3DS).

Playing: SMTIV (3DS).
natros
Misanthropic Humanist

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #526 on: April 01, 2014, 02:47:40 PM »

Finished Sleeping Dogs. Man, what a blast. I enjoyed this one much more than GTA V. The fighting system, driving mechanics, and bullet time implementation made it lots of fun. The shooting system itself is meh, but not bad. Easy enough to pull off consistent head shots. The fact that you can actively ram your car into whatever you want (especially motor bikes - MUHAHAHA!!) is excellent, as well as the ability to hijack moving cars while driving one yourself. Can't comment on the accuracy of Hong Kong's layout here, but I found the environment an enjoyable one to explore and play in. Not too small, and well detailed.
All in all, I enjoyed it. It was a lot of fun, and honestly, the story is pretty good. In itself, better than a lot of other sandbox games I've played lately...

Also recently started Borderlands (the orginal). It's one of those games I almost bought a few times, but never followed through. Thankfully, a coworker lent it to me. I must say, it's addicting. Starts out slow, but picks up fast. The variety of guns and environments keeps it fresh for me. I chose the rogue/assassin character, and am about level 11 now. I could see how this would be a fun online game.
solidbatman
Zetsubou Sensei

The real me exists on the internet!

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #527 on: April 01, 2014, 03:49:58 PM »

The greatest thing I've done in KSP. Took about 90 minutes to build the rocket and about 2.5 hours to complete my mission. I have landed on another planet without any problems for the first time ever.

Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #528 on: April 01, 2014, 04:37:00 PM »

...and there is no intelligent life there...at all....none....on a gaming note 38 hrs into Lost Odyssey and the last boss battle was an annihilation, twould appear I may be just a tad overleveled, lol

Everything's Eventual
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #529 on: April 01, 2014, 08:21:49 PM »

Wasted so much time in FFX today. I don't remember it being this difficult to get a No Encounters piece of armor. Started out farming Ghosts in the Cave of the Stolen Fayth, but you get maybe one Ghost every 15 battles. So I started stealing Purifying Salt in the Zanarkand Dome, but that was taking way too long, so I tried to find a Wraith in the Sea of Sorrow with no luck. Ugh.

But at least I made some good progress in Tales of Xillia, so it wasn't a completely wasted day. On the final dungeon at this point, just cleaning up side quests and getting a few more titles in case I decide to play through the game as Jude at some point.
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #530 on: April 01, 2014, 08:32:54 PM »

Wasted so much time in FFX today. I don't remember it being this difficult to get a No Encounters piece of armor. Started out farming Ghosts in the Cave of the Stolen Fayth, but you get maybe one Ghost every 15 battles. So I started stealing Purifying Salt in the Zanarkand Dome, but that was taking way too long, so I tried to find a Wraith in the Sea of Sorrow with no luck. Ugh.

But at least I made some good progress in Tales of Xillia, so it wasn't a completely wasted day. On the final dungeon at this point, just cleaning up side quests and getting a few more titles in case I decide to play through the game as Jude at some point.

I have not made any no encounters armor whatsoever and have at least 4 with it on there. I got most of them from the Omega Dungeon as drops. Must be bad luck. I have 99 purifying salt now though if I ever wanted to make one myself (which seems pointless).

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #531 on: April 01, 2014, 11:53:47 PM »

Finished Sleeping Dogs. Man, what a blast. I enjoyed this one much more than GTA V.

Interesting. I have this in my backlog. I should give it a look when I'm done FFX.

Speaking of which, I just arrived at Macarena Temple.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #532 on: April 02, 2014, 12:20:56 AM »

Suik 3 - Started Chris' chapter. Got one of the random bosses, and killed it instead of running from it, just because I wanted to. That was fun. I'm getting the impression that you can actually die in this game without having to go out of your way to, uh, let the enemies kill you.

Umihara Kawase - Still stuck at the first boss. I think I'm just going to keep going through level 4 until I can do it consistently.

Dragon Force - This game isn't supposed to be that hard why am I so bad at it hrrrrrf I think I should start focusing on a smaller set of general, or get more soldier-equipped mages out. I sort of don't want to give too many awards to the generic guys though.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 12:58:13 AM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #533 on: April 02, 2014, 12:23:47 AM »

Had a blast tonight playing Rust  with some friends. Started a group chat on Steam. Ran into some ruffians who killed me but the guys got them and recovered my gear. Good times.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #534 on: April 02, 2014, 06:53:45 AM »

Finished Virtue's Last Reward last night. Excellent story. I still have issues with the puzzles because sometimes I just don't make the necessary connections, but spoiler free walkthroughs nudge me when I get stuck before I get too frustrated. Luna's ending was heart breaking. Now that I have seen the true end, all  can say is that volume 3 had better get made some day because that cliffhanger is evil if they don't make it. (Yes I know the most recent news is that things are being discussed.)

Not sure what I'm going to be playing next. Maybe Dynasty Warriors 8 Xtreme Legends? Sort of curious about the Lu Bu faction storyline.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #535 on: April 02, 2014, 08:44:16 AM »

Not sure what I'm going to be playing next. Maybe Dynasty Warriors 8 Xtreme Legends? Sort of curious about the Lu Bu faction storyline.

Will you pursue Lu Bu('s Daughter)?

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #536 on: April 02, 2014, 09:37:54 AM »

SMT IV

I have played enough SMT games that I should have seen this coming. Misunderstood what was happening but I seem to be walking down a path I don't really like.

Code:
Angels: We will cleanse the unclean from this land once more. Join us and accept us as your new leaders.

Walter: This doesn't seem right. I want to change the way things are run.
Jonathon: No. Mikado must remain unchanged as must Tokyo.
Me: I am with Walter on this one.

Quick Trip to Ginza
Lilith: We will unleash every Demon upon the world. Any humans that survive will be strong and be able to shape their own destiny. The weak shall perish. How does that sound humans?
Walter: Sounds good to me.
Me: I've made a huge mistake.

Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #537 on: April 02, 2014, 09:38:44 AM »

Finished Virtue's Last Reward last night. Excellent story. I still have issues with the puzzles because sometimes I just don't make the necessary connections, but spoiler free walkthroughs nudge me when I get stuck before I get too frustrated. Luna's ending was heart breaking. Now that I have seen the true end, all  can say is that volume 3 had better get made some day because that cliffhanger is evil if they don't make it. (Yes I know the most recent news is that things are being discussed.)

Played House of the Dead overkill with a friend, that game was insane and tons of fun. Absolutely fantastic on rails shooter. Laughed out loud quite a bit.

Im waiting for FF X hd/Dark Souls/Nier to arrive.

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #538 on: April 02, 2014, 11:36:31 AM »

The Q Room and the really Science-y Room puzzles drove me bonkers.  F**king terrible..
And yeah I'd fund a kickstarter for a sequel.  Go figure a complicated, intense, and beloved story is at risk of not getting a sequel.

Anywhozits.

Final Fantasy X

= Yay!  Rikku'a status picture is no longer compressed!

= I think we should take a moment to really appreciate the fact that the obligatory desert dungeon doesn't have an obnoxious "hydrate urself" mechanic
= I didn't save for Seymour fight... I fought him scared of every move.
= Does Rikku like Tidus? I think they almost make more sense together.
= What did you guys do with Kimahri?  I put him on Rikku's path to get "steal" so it's not just Rikku doing it across 2-3 turns.
= Tidus is pissing me off.  He seems to attack enemies leaving behind like 10 HP or less . >:(
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 11:40:31 AM by Dice » Logged

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #539 on: April 02, 2014, 11:38:22 AM »

I think putting him on Rikku's path is the best choice.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 140 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: