Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 19, 2014, 08:39:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
340923 Posts in 13933 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Game Journals
| | |-+  A Game Journal Reborn
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 181 Print
Author Topic: A Game Journal Reborn  (Read 81780 times)
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #645 on: April 09, 2014, 08:40:00 PM »

I still have not done the dodging because it hurts my eyes too much to concentrate on it for so long... maybe I should dim it like you said. I heard muting it is good too so the sound doesn't throw you off. This is gonna be one of the last things I do haha.

I always thought this was the easiest and fastest minigame. Providing you use the lighting-always-hits-the-same-place trick. I don't think it took much more than 5 minutes.

I found it pretty easy too, though 5 minutes is very generous. I think the lightning only strikes every 5 seconds or so, which would mean a little over 15 minutes without messing up.

BRAVELY DEFAULT

Multitask is easily my favorite support skill so far. Have it equipped on Hunter Tiz, and can easily start a battle with 6-7 attacks. Only thing pissing me off right now are these wolves that keep getting +1 BP and then paralyzing all my party members before I get a chance to act.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 09:09:23 PM by Klutz64 » Logged
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #646 on: April 09, 2014, 10:54:33 PM »

Usually, the internal clock has its own battery. Sounds like that battery is dead.

That makes sense, allthough looking at my saves that'd mean it has been dead for many years. Wait, what if the 360 doesn't have a battery for stuff like that? I guess that'd explain it.

I'd venture a guess that the battery has been dead for 8 years and 138 days. :V

Anyways, finished up my Hard Mode run on Teh Turd Burpday. I now have a really crappy Swimsuit bikini top + hotpants. At least I picked up two other outfits during the run so it wasn't a total loss. I only have four more to go. -_-;

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #647 on: April 09, 2014, 11:17:59 PM »

Dragon Force - Yeeeeeah I misunderstood the mechanics and I think I need to restart and not screw up levelling up/awarding my dudes this time. Also I'm wondering how much of the unique general chatter was in the original game, and how much Working Designs added.

Suikoden 3 - Finished Geddoe Ch. 1, started Hugh Ch. 2. OMG DUCK PEOPLE ARE SO CUTE. ... Sgt. Joe kinda seems like he'd cut ya if you gave him any guff though.

... I wonder if there's any fanart of him making out with Lulu's mom.

Can ducks even make out?

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #648 on: April 09, 2014, 11:58:53 PM »

Tried dodging bolts for like 20 minutes. I really suck at this. I've literally done every other minigame, but this one I always struggle with. I tend to freak out after awhile and miss one because I can't concentrate. Did reset the blitzball data and the sigil was the first prize for the league so now I need to go recruit my players and get this bad boy.

Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #649 on: April 10, 2014, 12:15:08 AM »

Tried dodging bolts for like 20 minutes. I really suck at this. I've literally done every other minigame, but this one I always struggle with. I tend to freak out after awhile and miss one because I can't concentrate. Did reset the blitzball data and the sigil was the first prize for the league so now I need to go recruit my players and get this bad boy.

Is just resetting it easier?  I probably shouldn't recruit players for more than 10 games then...

And try my little prep list, Blace.  It still took a few attempts, but I managed, and when I was on a roll, I think I managed 250 before I got struck (it kinda sucks there's no trophy popup for when you hit that #...)

Dim the TV, turn on the lights (I went the full mile and put on sunglasses too), and hit up that cheat crater.  Find a "recognizable patch" that you know when to just press 'x' on before you even see/hear the bolt or that flash happening. 

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
Monsoon
Electric Mayhem
Contributing Editor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #650 on: April 10, 2014, 12:33:04 AM »

Doing a lot of grinding / Mantra building in Digital Devil Saga.  Exploring the Brutes' Base while I do it.  Using Serph, Argilla, Gale, and Cielo roughly equally and ignoring Heat. 

CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #651 on: April 10, 2014, 01:43:14 AM »

Fate/Extra:  Round 7 day 3.  Things are getting tough.  Heck, it's been tough since round 4.  You really have to have the right gear equipped in order to access some necessary skills in battle.  The last boss battle was a bitch with the guy casting a revive spell at low hp.  It took 6 tries to beat him and it was luck that I was able kill him again before he could cast it.  Plus he would one hit kill me all the time.  I hate it when bosses do that.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #652 on: April 10, 2014, 09:25:10 AM »

Is just resetting it easier?  I probably shouldn't recruit players for more than 10 games then...

And try my little prep list, Blace.  It still took a few attempts, but I managed, and when I was on a roll, I think I managed 250 before I got struck (it kinda sucks there's no trophy popup for when you hit that #...)

Dim the TV, turn on the lights (I went the full mile and put on sunglasses too), and hit up that cheat crater.  Find a "recognizable patch" that you know when to just press 'x' on before you even see/hear the bolt or that flash happening. 

Resetting the data is easier for the league prizes, yeah. Save before you do it and make sure the prize you want is there before saving over the file because you'll lose your players and levels for nothing. I got all the reels for Wakka and his weapon before resetting the data. Probably the easiest way. You can also save on before your 10th league match and if you don't like the prize just reset the system and beat the match again until the right prize pops up, but I didn't want to keep re-beating a match because I'm sick of blitzball at this point.

As for dodging bolts, how can you tell when to press X without waiting for the light or sound? I tried counting out seconds in between strikes and it was varying between 5-12 seconds which is very inconsistent. I was in that crater you mentioned.

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #653 on: April 10, 2014, 10:22:14 AM »

If I remember correctly, I didn't even use any special crater, I just walked to the area just past Rin's shop, waited for the flash of light (not the sound, that's too late) to press X, walked forward a bit so I wouldn't zone after too many jumps, and just repeated that until I counted out 200. It really is simpler than both of you are making it. Except for the brightness, I can understand that getting to some people.
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #654 on: April 10, 2014, 12:17:40 PM »

I guess I just don't have the patience for it. I get antsy and start freaking out when the strikes are taking forever. I tried on my Vita last night to no avail. Not sure whether to do it on the Vita or PS3.

Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #655 on: April 10, 2014, 12:50:35 PM »

Resetting the data is easier for the league prizes, yeah. Save before you do it and make sure the prize you want is there before saving over the file because you'll lose your players and levels for nothing. I got all the reels for Wakka and his weapon before resetting the data. Probably the easiest way. You can also save on before your 10th league match and if you don't like the prize just reset the system and beat the match again until the right prize pops up, but I didn't want to keep re-beating a match because I'm sick of blitzball at this point.

As for dodging bolts, how can you tell when to press X without waiting for the light or sound? I tried counting out seconds in between strikes and it was varying between 5-12 seconds which is very inconsistent. I was in that crater you mentioned.

This Crater.  It's in the south half (use the minimap in the video). It consistently BOLTS in that one area as you approach the crater (I had to do bigger circles around it than the guy in the video....dunno why).  With that consistent bolt, I was able to perfectly time and predict when each bolt was coming.  No fuss.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #656 on: April 10, 2014, 01:02:01 PM »

This Crater.  It's in the south half (use the minimap in the video). It consistently BOLTS in that one area as you approach the crater (I had to do bigger circles around it than the guy in the video....dunno why).  With that consistent bolt, I was able to perfectly time and predict when each bolt was coming.  No fuss.

Holy shit I was doing the wrong one. I'm excited to go home and try this now. Thanks Dice!

ultra7k

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #657 on: April 10, 2014, 03:25:20 PM »

Is Rune Factory 4 worth picking up? I have very little experience with Harvest Moon, though I do enjoy that aspect of simming and such.
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #658 on: April 10, 2014, 07:58:09 PM »

Two hours into SMG IV and I am in love. About half way through final disc of Lost Odyssey, damn I feel O have been playing this one forever, lol

Everything's Eventual
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #659 on: April 10, 2014, 09:13:04 PM »

SMG IV

Super Mario Galaxy Episode IV: Nintendo's Last Hope

Boy, Nintendo's really pumping them out, I don't even remember when Super Mario Galaxy Part 3: Rise of the Koopas came out

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 181 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: