Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 22, 2014, 04:34:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
337964 Posts in 13835 Topics by 2212 Members
Latest Member: WhiteWishes
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Game Journals
| | |-+  A Game Journal Reborn
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 169 Print
Author Topic: A Game Journal Reborn  (Read 72239 times)
Monsoon
Electric Mayhem
Contributing Editor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #735 on: April 15, 2014, 05:21:57 PM »

I think I'm right at the final boss for Digital Devil Saga.  After I (probably) beat it tonight I'm going to figure out what to play next.  It's either going to be going whole hog into Persona 2: Innocent Sin or dusting off the old Wii.  Might play XenoBlade Chronicles or Kirby. 

Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #736 on: April 15, 2014, 11:57:43 PM »

I miss Digital Devil Saga, I seriously need to re-play that soon, I loved that game so much I played it too fast to enjoy it. Speaking of enjoying though SMT IV has me hooked big big time.

Everything's Eventual
mecharobot

Thunder of the dogs! INDIGNATION

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #737 on: April 16, 2014, 02:00:26 PM »

So much fun! I'll probably end up starting FFX-2 when I finish off Penance and the Dark Aeons... which is going to take awhile because I only have one ribbon armor and you have to have at least 2 characters with it, but I'm going to do 3 more than likely.

I think you could farm Dark Yojimbo for those (unless you already laid waste on him), or at least something 4 slotted with a high tier passive ability. I didn't have much luck with it myself, though. It kind of sucks how ridiculously expensive the defensive stuff in this game is and how it can be the only thing holding the player back from fighting the super bosses fairly (weapons too, but Celestial Weapons are good enough). I wish it just had something like materia system for the equipment.
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #738 on: April 16, 2014, 02:23:52 PM »

So much fun! I'll probably end up starting FFX-2 when I finish off Penance and the Dark Aeons... which is going to take awhile because I only have one ribbon armor and you have to have at least 2 characters with it, but I'm going to do 3 more than likely.

I think you could farm Dark Yojimbo for those (unless you already laid waste on him), or at least something 4 slotted with a high tier passive ability. I didn't have much luck with it myself, though. It kind of sucks how ridiculously expensive the defensive stuff in this game is and how it can be the only thing holding the player back from fighting the super bosses fairly (weapons too, but Celestial Weapons are good enough). I wish it just had something like materia system for the equipment.

Yeah I could farm Dark Yojimbo for them, but even at max accuracy for my characters I still only hit him like 50%. My luck is around 50-60 and needs to be farmed since it is the last stat left unmaxed, but it takes freaking forever to kill a Greater Sphere for the luck spheres and then Earth Eater for the fortune spheres. Mostly because Greater Sphere counters with Ultima every time it gets hit and Earth Eater counters with flare every time its hit... so time consuming. And then there are the times where you get Dark Matter instead of what you want. It makes me want to scream! Need a fast battle button like in Bravely Default.

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #739 on: April 16, 2014, 05:03:37 PM »

Witch and the Hundred Knight seems to be one of those games that I like a whole lot less when I'm not playing it. I was actually considering trading it in this morning, but then I start chapter 4 today and the music for the Ravine is fantastic, and the sudden chapter-start difficulty spikes seem to be gone, and you finally get a Tochka that's useful in battle.

Though I almost feel like I'm cheating with just how MUCH the third Facet increases Anima drops, even equipped as a sub-facet.
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #740 on: April 16, 2014, 07:01:03 PM »

I'm now 17 hours into Shin Megami Tensei on iPad. At least 3 of those hours have been spent wandering the wastelands trying to find Shinbuya...I'm through with Shinjuku, and someone said it was northwest, but there's nothing there...or northeast, or southeast, and the demons are way stronger in the southwest. Like, I leveled up 3 levels when I beat two of them. At the very least I'm level 33 now, and I got some good demons, but it's getting really annoying not knowing where to go...

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #741 on: April 16, 2014, 08:30:24 PM »

Just finished Jacob Jones episode 1 and I thought it was super cute.  The voice acting was good and the writing was humorous.  The puzzles were definitely easier than the Layton series.  I will definitely buy the other episodes when they are released.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #742 on: April 16, 2014, 11:23:47 PM »

Shining Force 3 - Did the battle after Quonus. Pretty much everyone died except like, Synbios, Grace, Khan, and Cybel somehow.

In retrospect I probably should've gone north, where the one army was distracted, and just beelined for Franz.

Suik 3 - Sort of wish I'd played Suik 1 and 2 more so I could pick up on the references to the previous games. Anyway, up to Geddoe Ch. 2. This game makes me feel... sane. I think I'll do Thomas Ch. 1 next. I heard the Thomas chapters sort of spoil stuff if you do them too early though.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 12:09:39 AM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #743 on: April 17, 2014, 02:56:59 AM »

Continuing my ios blitz, I just finished Regency Love.  It is a wonderful otome dating game.  It is very text heavy, but that's a good thing since the writing is well done.  The music was soothing. I learned trivia and quotes.  I went for Mr. Claire first then got Ashcroft.  That's right I played the game more than once.  I loved it that much.  If you like otome games or Jane Austen you should play it.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #744 on: April 17, 2014, 10:36:52 AM »

Suik 3 - Sort of wish I'd played Suik 1 and 2 more so I could pick up on the references to the previous games. Anyway, up to Geddoe Ch. 2. This game makes me feel... sane. I think I'll do Thomas Ch. 1 next. I heard the Thomas chapters sort of spoil stuff if you do them too early though.

At this point, Thomas doesn't have anything to spoil you on. Its only an issue when the others have only just gotten done with their Chapter 1s, and even then it only really comes up in Frodo Thomas's Chapter 2.

Also, it's probably for the best that you haven't played Suki's 1 & 2 yet, since otherwise you'll probably figure out who that guy in the mask is quick, and the other references/connections aren't really that important (though you do miss out on Bishop Sasari's sweet Pope Hat). Not that it really matters either way since the 17 year time skip between 2 and 3 means that a lot of older characters got left behind/straight up replaced.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #745 on: April 17, 2014, 11:23:30 AM »

Well this sucks... Witch and the Hundred Knight progress has been completely halted due to a seemingly unreachable switch in the second part of Chapter 4. Tried everything I could possibly think of with no luck. Looked around thinking maybe I was trying to use the wrong switch, but sure enough it was the only one around. I don't like these kinds of "puzzles" mostly because the "solution" is something stupid that the game failed to offer as a possibility.
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #746 on: April 17, 2014, 01:02:31 PM »

Just got the Neon power in InFamous Second Son. Really liking this so far. I've already unlocked a bunch of trophies for completing half of all the missions and collecting half the shards so this must be a shorter game than the others because I have only played for 4-5 hours. The Cole's Legacy DLC stuff has revealed pretty much nothing so far, although I'm only on mission 3 of it and it only unlocks after certain parts of the story are completed. Hoping for something cool to link this game with the others.

GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #747 on: April 17, 2014, 01:54:50 PM »

Finally finished the Ice Ruins in ALBW with a little Gamefaqs help. I missed lighting one stupid torch.
I just have the fire dungeon left, and then whatever happens with the castle after that.

Playing: DA: Inquisition
Reading: A Canticle for Leibowitz
solidbatman
Zetsubou Sensei

The real me exists on the internet!

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #748 on: April 17, 2014, 08:40:22 PM »

Beat Muramasma Rebirth while I was traveling. Working on FFX HD now. Fire Emblem simply was boring, but I'll give it another go when I'm not hooked on something else.

Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #749 on: April 17, 2014, 09:05:30 PM »

Decided to grind a bit in Lost Odyssey so I went to Gongora's secret lab, went up 4 levels in less than 30 mins, nice...Played @4 hrs of SMT IV and I am in love like I have not been since Nocturne.

Everything's Eventual
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 169 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: