Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2014, 02:30:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
337998 Posts in 13837 Topics by 2212 Members
Latest Member: WhiteWishes
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Game Journals
| | |-+  A Game Journal Reborn
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 169 Print
Author Topic: A Game Journal Reborn  (Read 72410 times)
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #750 on: April 17, 2014, 10:37:14 PM »

By complete accident, I have enough money in my XBox account to buy something up to $20. Problem is, nothing else besides what I already own truly stands out. So suggest me some stuff!

Here's some highlights of what I've bought on XBox:

- Puzzle Quest/Puzzle Quest 2
- Gyromancer (I liked it, nobody else seems to)
- Dust: AET
- Banjo-Kazooie N&B
- Castle Crashers
- BattleBlock Theater
- Half-Minute Hero
- Crystal Defenders
- Bastion

Any suggestions are welcome, I'd hate to just leave the money sitting there, especially since I plan to be done with XBox once I finish my backlog on the console.
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #751 on: April 17, 2014, 10:41:00 PM »

^Do you have Banjo-Kazooie/Tooie on any other platform? Because if not I'd highly recommend those. Shadow Complex also comes highly recommended.

Anyways, finally found Shibuya. Delved into the Messiah girl's mind and now she's traveling with me. Now I'm exploring Roppongi.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #752 on: April 17, 2014, 10:43:49 PM »

^Do you have Banjo-Kazooie/Tooie on any other platform? Because if not I'd highly recommend those. Shadow Complex also comes highly recommended.

Anyways, finally found Shibuya. Delved into the Messiah girl's mind and now she's traveling with me. Now I'm exploring Roppongi.

Have both Banjo games on my N64, which I actually still have hooked up. Haven't considered Shadow Complex in a while, certainly an option, though I've heard it's pretty short and not very challenging.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #753 on: April 18, 2014, 12:15:29 AM »

Suik 3 - I thought he game had gone totally bullshit but then I realized I could just walk around the giant golem on the mountain path to Le Buque instead of fighting it.

I am not very smart.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #754 on: April 18, 2014, 12:21:30 AM »

By complete accident, I have enough money in my XBox account to buy something up to $20. Problem is, nothing else besides what I already own truly stands out. So suggest me some stuff!

Here's some highlights of what I've bought on XBox:

- Puzzle Quest/Puzzle Quest 2
- Gyromancer (I liked it, nobody else seems to)
- Dust: AET
- Banjo-Kazooie N&B
- Castle Crashers
- BattleBlock Theater
- Half-Minute Hero
- Crystal Defenders
- Bastion

Any suggestions are welcome, I'd hate to just leave the money sitting there, especially since I plan to be done with XBox once I finish my backlog on the console.

Radiant Silvergun's supposed to be amazing.

... I'm not terribly fond of it though :T

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #755 on: April 18, 2014, 07:06:14 AM »

Just got the Neon power in InFamous Second Son. Really liking this so far. I've already unlocked a bunch of trophies for completing half of all the missions and collecting half the shards so this must be a shorter game than the others because I have only played for 4-5 hours. The Cole's Legacy DLC stuff has revealed pretty much nothing so far, although I'm only on mission 3 of it and it only unlocks after certain parts of the story are completed. Hoping for something cool to link this game with the others.
Neon is great especially if you are playing the game good. I find it hard to believe that you have hit the 50% mark at only 5 hours. The game is short, but I would think you should be at 10 hours at least. Don't get your hopes up on Cole's Legacy. However do check out Paper Trail because it does explore the game's background a lot and it should be unlocking soon.
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #756 on: April 18, 2014, 07:35:35 AM »

Have both Banjo games on my N64, which I actually still have hooked up. Haven't considered Shadow Complex in a while, certainly an option, though I've heard it's pretty short and not very challenging.

It's challenging on hard mode, at least. I dunno, I never played it on Normal.

EDIT: Made it through Roppongi in SMT. That was kinda boring since there were hardly any demons. Though I did find one guy who leveled me up 10 times. I think it was a bonus boss. Either way, it was really helpful. Now I'm off to the Police station, according to my disembodied friend.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 09:53:21 AM by Mickeymac92 » Logged

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #757 on: April 18, 2014, 11:33:18 AM »

I really have developed some kind of gaming ADD. Last night I started Rogue Galaxy over for the fourth time. For some reason I always get to the part where you return to Rosa right after the mines and then just never go back to it.
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #758 on: April 18, 2014, 01:31:00 PM »

Just got the Neon power in InFamous Second Son. Really liking this so far. I've already unlocked a bunch of trophies for completing half of all the missions and collecting half the shards so this must be a shorter game than the others because I have only played for 4-5 hours. The Cole's Legacy DLC stuff has revealed pretty much nothing so far, although I'm only on mission 3 of it and it only unlocks after certain parts of the story are completed. Hoping for something cool to link this game with the others.
Neon is great especially if you are playing the game good. I find it hard to believe that you have hit the 50% mark at only 5 hours. The game is short, but I would think you should be at 10 hours at least. Don't get your hopes up on Cole's Legacy. However do check out Paper Trail because it does explore the game's background a lot and it should be unlocking soon.

Neon power is definitely awesome is you are on the good side. Makes capturing people and getting hero points so easy! I definitely got all of the 50% trophies after about 4 hours of playing. I doubt I'm 50% through the story though considering I have 2 story related trophies unlocked. I just crossed the bridge after that boss battle and got mysteriously dropped off to the other side. I just like clearing the areas of everything and finding all the shards before moving on in the story. Cole's Legacy was definitely pretty pointless other than Zeke returning which was kind of cool I guess. I started the Paper Trail mission today too.

Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #759 on: April 18, 2014, 04:42:38 PM »

I really have developed some kind of gaming ADD. Last night I started Rogue Galaxy over for the fourth time. For some reason I always get to the part where you return to Rosa right after the mines and then just never go back to it.

At least you get past that Mines part...I like that game, but it really drags by the time you get to the mines...

Klyde Chroma
LVL 12. Obsessive Compulsive Fruity Assassin

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #760 on: April 18, 2014, 07:20:51 PM »

Bastion/ Xbox controller on the fritz... halting progress.

Atelier Escha and Logy/ Life on the fritz... halting progress... slag graveyard was cool though.

Getting back to my RETRO GAMING WEEKEND!!! Yes, indeed. It needed to happen. Without scheduled time to enjoy the titles of yesteryear, I clearly can't seem to incorporate them in my gaming routine. And so I will reinstate, my highly regimented routine of playing nothing but retro games on the weekend.

To kick it off I was torn. I have wanted to play-through both Terranigma and Romancing Saga 3 for years. I think I am going to move into Terranigma first because I am really feeling something a wee-bit more action oriented.

In other news, upon joining the Raptr community due to being jealous of Blace's awesome cross-platform consolidated sig, I have been trying to get my profile up to date. I made mention of this a few days ago in the haps thread. Well, to my dismay, updating hours on Raptr happens in real time.... to add insult to injury, it seems to cap manually tracked hours for the day and disregard whatever you log beyond that. Why does this suck?? BECAUSE I SPENT MORE TIME THEN ANY MAN IN THE RIGHT MIND WOULD ADDING SIX HOUR INCREMENTS TO ALL THE GAMES IN MY LIBRARY AND IT WAS ALL FOR SQUAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I give up. Sometimes a mans gotta know when to say enough enough. I don't care if my Raptr profile accurately reflects my hours. Its enough to have a cool sig with consolidated achievements I suppose.

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.

Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #761 on: April 18, 2014, 07:54:43 PM »

Grabbed Trials: Fusion and Wolf Among Us episode 3 today. 25 bucks well spent.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #762 on: April 18, 2014, 08:42:24 PM »

Bastion/ Xbox controller on the fritz... halting progress.

Atelier Escha and Logy/ Life on the fritz... halting progress... slag graveyard was cool though.

Getting back to my RETRO GAMING WEEKEND!!! Yes, indeed. It needed to happen. Without scheduled time to enjoy the titles of yesteryear, I clearly can't seem to incorporate them in my gaming routine. And so I will reinstate, my highly regimented routine of playing nothing but retro games on the weekend.

To kick it off I was torn. I have wanted to play-through both Terranigma and Romancing Saga 3 for years. I think I am going to move into Terranigma first because I am really feeling something a wee-bit more action oriented.

In other news, upon joining the Raptr community due to being jealous of Blace's awesome cross-platform consolidated sig, I have been trying to get my profile up to date. I made mention of this a few days ago in the haps thread. Well, to my dismay, updating hours on Raptr happens in real time.... to add insult to injury, it seems to cap manually tracked hours for the day and disregard whatever you log beyond that. Why does this suck?? BECAUSE I SPENT MORE TIME THEN ANY MAN IN THE RIGHT MIND WOULD ADDING SIX HOUR INCREMENTS TO ALL THE GAMES IN MY LIBRARY AND IT WAS ALL FOR SQUAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I give up. Sometimes a mans gotta know when to say enough enough. I don't care if my Raptr profile accurately reflects my hours. Its enough to have a cool sig with consolidated achievements I suppose.

You are going to have to do what I did and just start tracking games from here on out. I didn't even want to try updating all the older games I played, hence why my profile only has the game I have played since 2012. You can do 6 hour increments as often as you want, the current one just has to finish before you can start the next one. So technically you can do 4 a day.

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #763 on: April 18, 2014, 08:54:24 PM »

I was kind of shocked to be reminded while playing Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD that there actually *were* allusions in the original to the Keyblade War, the Worlds' origin, and even Xehanort's betrayal (sort of). I do think a lot of plot elements from the rest of the games still kind of made a lot of the first game irrelevant, but I had forgotten that those three big ones do kind of fit with the original.
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #764 on: April 19, 2014, 02:25:14 AM »

Layton Brothers:  Mystery Room - It was entertaining, but nowhere as good as Ace Attorney (still need to play the latest one).  I am still holding out hope they release AA Investigations 2 here.  Not likely to happen.  :(

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 169 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: