Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 27, 2014, 07:22:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338664 Posts in 13863 Topics by 2217 Members
Latest Member: milz
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Game Journals
| | |-+  A Game Journal Reborn
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 170 Print
Author Topic: A Game Journal Reborn  (Read 74073 times)
mecharobot

Thunder of the dogs! INDIGNATION

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #840 on: April 26, 2014, 09:22:05 AM »

So, I've been playing Ace Attorney 3, now on the third case (or starting it actually). Not much to say and I'd rather keep it to RPGs, but it feels like good ol' phoenix wright, though there is still the occasional plot over logic element, which can hinder the enjoyment a bit. I'm also usually more fond of the smaller cases than the really big ones, which seem to drop the ball halway through every time.

As for the RPGs, I decided to go with Diablo II + LoD, due to unfinished business. I have put many hours in this game, but I never beat it. I've played with solo necro before (no specified build), a paladin in co-op (holy hammer spam, which was super boring) and now I decided to try an elemental druid and hopefully just make it through the campaign on normal and maybe continue if I really feel like it. Anyway, I don't think the game has aged super well, but I like the atmosphere and it doesn't feel too heavy to play. At least, once I'll finally get access to some of my main weaponry for using this build. I've already nearly died in Act 1, since I've mostly used melee, though the actual build is meant to use magic. I guess in a way, Diablo III is somewhat more enjoyable when it comes down to this, as you don't need to brave through an early game hell just to be able to start playing like the class you want.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #841 on: April 26, 2014, 02:10:16 PM »

Well how the fuck that story got approved for print is beyond me.  I don't know who can read it and think "GREAT IDEA, IT MADE ME TEAR UP AND IT 'GETS' THE SERIES ---- RUN IT FOR COLLECTORS!!".

A shame since i think the Farplane is the most interesting/underplayed element in that series.

I really hope if X-3 happened, it wouldn't be a "Here we go again!" to get Sin killed. 
If so, just set the nukes off on the planet -- it can't be saved.

Nah I'm sure they'll have like, three clones of Sin running around and they're all totally bishy now omg.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

ultra7k

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #842 on: April 26, 2014, 03:06:13 PM »

If I'm looking to get into some Etrian Odyssey,where would be a good place to start?

EO IV, or the re-release of EO I ?
Things I'm looking for: Ease of play in terms of mechanics, story, fun(?)
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Smiley Abuser

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #843 on: April 26, 2014, 03:13:28 PM »

I suggest the remake of 1, Millennium Girl.

All Etrian Odyssey's have bare bones plots compared to most JRPGs but it does have one. The remake gives you a Story Mode, but its more or less the same plot but with premade characters in your party that have personalities and react to the events, rather than the plot just unfolding from the view-point of a silent protagonist and his silent chums.

From there you could play any one you wanted. 4 if you want to stay on the same sort of level of graphics (not that EO is very graphically intensive) or go to 2 if you want to play in order.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
ultra7k

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #844 on: April 26, 2014, 03:38:29 PM »

Hmm, ok that makes sense. Maybe I will start with 4, because I kind of like to make my own characters.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Smiley Abuser

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #845 on: April 26, 2014, 03:44:19 PM »

You can make your own characters in Millienium Girl if you choose the Classic option.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #846 on: April 26, 2014, 04:32:33 PM »

So, I've been playing Ace Attorney 3, now on the third case (or starting it actually). Not much to say and I'd rather keep it to RPGs, but it feels like good ol' phoenix wright, though there is still the occasional plot over logic element, which can hinder the enjoyment a bit. I'm also usually more fond of the smaller cases than the really big ones, which seem to drop the ball halway through every time.

As for the RPGs, I decided to go with Diablo II + LoD, due to unfinished business. I have put many hours in this game, but I never beat it. I've played with solo necro before (no specified build), a paladin in co-op (holy hammer spam, which was super boring) and now I decided to try an elemental druid and hopefully just make it through the campaign on normal and maybe continue if I really feel like it. Anyway, I don't think the game has aged super well, but I like the atmosphere and it doesn't feel too heavy to play. At least, once I'll finally get access to some of my main weaponry for using this build. I've already nearly died in Act 1, since I've mostly used melee, though the actual build is meant to use magic. I guess in a way, Diablo III is somewhat more enjoyable when it comes down to this, as you don't need to brave through an early game hell just to be able to start playing like the class you want.

Case 3 kinda sucks but case 4 and 5 are together the best cases in the entire series.

Im nearing the end of Dark Souls, did some optional stuff and the four kings. Now Demon Ruins and then Nito. Anor Londo was the hardest part of the game.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 04:35:22 PM by Holykael1 » Logged

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #847 on: April 26, 2014, 04:58:23 PM »

Apparently you can unlock the Dark Souls 2 DLC in the PC version by sticking a file called license05.bin in the game directory and filling it with gibberish.

Suikoden 3 - Did some stuff in Thomas Ch. 1 and now the map is open so I'mma go for a wander. Wish I could actually use Muto in combat. Also wish I could take his shirt off :>>>>> I mean uh uh uh uh uh

... I reopened this to edit in something relevant but I forgot what I was doing. Oh welp.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 05:51:02 PM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #848 on: April 26, 2014, 05:20:03 PM »

If I'm looking to get into some Etrian Odyssey,where would be a good place to start?

EO IV, or the re-release of EO I ?
Things I'm looking for: Ease of play in terms of mechanics, story, fun(?)

EO stresses me out because there's SO much room to mess up your characters with the skill point system, where you have to assign a measly amount of points each level to over a dozen categories. I wouldn't mind if you only had to pick between different ability sets, but the categories also include attack, defense, hp, and even gathering (which is kind of important for making money and items)
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Smiley Abuser

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #849 on: April 26, 2014, 05:21:36 PM »

You can rest your characters and reset their skills if you think you messed up though. :p

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #850 on: April 26, 2014, 05:27:13 PM »

Started a new expert level record of Infamous Second Son doing the evil path this time. It really sucks that I'm such a good guy because my first playthrough would have been more enjoyable this way. It's so refreshing to just blow everything up in your path and not give a shit what happens instead of worrying you are hitting civilians or bystanders when you are good and trying to fight the enemies in the city. I just shoot in every direction with no care in the world. Expert mode hasn't really been any different so far from what I can tell other than maybe you die a little bit sooner than normal.

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #851 on: April 26, 2014, 05:51:04 PM »

Cleared the final event map in the current KanColle event last night.  Three days into the event, which is supposed to last two weeks.  Considering how many even high level admirals are saying they've completely given up on clearing that last map--which features things like the final boss from last fall's event appearing as a regular enemy...more than once--I think I have officially become a high level bastard.  I mean, I didn't even think it was that hard...

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #852 on: April 26, 2014, 07:17:02 PM »

Well how the fuck that story got approved for print is beyond me.  I don't know who can read it and think "GREAT IDEA, IT MADE ME TEAR UP AND IT 'GETS' THE SERIES ---- RUN IT FOR COLLECTORS!!".

A shame since i think the Farplane is the most interesting/underplayed element in that series.

I really hope if X-3 happened, it wouldn't be a "Here we go again!" to get Sin killed. 

Nah I'm sure they'll have like, three clones of Sin running around and they're all totally bishy now omg.

*takes off sunglasses*

You're the Sin that inherited all the recessive genes!

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #853 on: April 26, 2014, 08:13:24 PM »

Well how the fuck that story got approved for print is beyond me.  I don't know who can read it and think "GREAT IDEA, IT MADE ME TEAR UP AND IT 'GETS' THE SERIES ---- RUN IT FOR COLLECTORS!!".

"Yuna Returns: FFX-3. Spira's turned into a crapsack world once more and there's only 10 days remaining before it all ends, so its time to help Yuna end it once and for all by gathering all the souls and sending them to a far away alternate plane called France and then have her punch God back into the dying reality with the power of friendship gained from awakening her friends/former allies."

friends/former allies and ponies.  If we're going into the realm of ultra ridiculousnes, especially with "friendship is magic," then why not include some brony nonsense in there as well.  

EDIT: As for my gaming, I've just been dabbling a bit in Mugen Souls.  I never finished that game. 

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #854 on: April 26, 2014, 09:03:48 PM »

*takes off sunglasses*

You're the Sin that inherited all the recessive genes!

What? WHAT? THEY PLAYED US LIKE A DAMN FIDDLE!

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 170 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: