Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 28, 2014, 02:33:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338746 Posts in 13865 Topics by 2217 Members
Latest Member: milz
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Game Journals
| | |-+  A Game Journal Reborn
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 170 Print
Author Topic: A Game Journal Reborn  (Read 74275 times)
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #885 on: May 01, 2014, 02:22:20 AM »

My nephew found the Zone of the Enders HD special edition with the soundtrack and art book for $20 at a local discount store. O__O.. So im playing that.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #886 on: May 01, 2014, 02:58:59 AM »

With regards to the Etrian Odyssey series...

I'm totally loving EO IV right now. I plan on picking up the remake for EO I, but how are the previous installments? Are they super grindy?

Not really, but there are less handy shortcuts so backtracking through the dungeons for quests takes a little longer and you'll use more ariadne threads, but hey, those are cheap so whatever.

Other than that they're quite similar to the more recent games. Etrian Odyssey III has some really fun classes and gives you your own ship so you can explore the sea surrounding the island. If you want to get hyped up for that installment, I highly recommend reading this thread.
ultra7k

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #887 on: May 01, 2014, 03:03:42 AM »

With regards to the Etrian Odyssey series...

I'm totally loving EO IV right now. I plan on picking up the remake for EO I, but how are the previous installments? Are they super grindy?

Not really, but there are less handy shortcuts so backtracking through the dungeons for quests takes a little longer and you'll use more ariadne threads, but hey, those are cheap so whatever.

Other than that they're quite similar to the more recent games. Etrian Odyssey III has some really fun classes and gives you your own ship so you can explore the sea surrounding the island. If you want to get hyped up for that installment, I highly recommend reading this thread.

Welp, that thread sold me on the virtues of the game. Dat art. I probably going to have to order this off amazon now....and I haven't even beaten IV yet...
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #888 on: May 01, 2014, 08:25:02 AM »

Finally getting near the end of Zelda: ALBW. I'm in Lorule Castle, which has been surprisingly easy so far. Maybe it's not the final dungeon? I guess I'll see pretty soon.

Playing: DA: Inquisition
Reading: Mistbron#3: Hero of Ages
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #889 on: May 01, 2014, 11:35:50 AM »

Completed Cafe 0: The Drowned Mermaid.

Finished the two happy routes first and thought it was pretty average. It really improved after that though with the last three paths getting pretty crazy.

Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #890 on: May 01, 2014, 11:52:30 AM »

Playing Nier 4 hours in.. Did all the sidequests  so far but I think Ill just progress with the main story. I hear you need to collect all the weapons for some endings? Are these endings C and D worth getting?

Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #891 on: May 01, 2014, 11:54:47 AM »

Ending B is as it adds changes to the story but you can probably youtube C and D if you don't mind missing out on a boss battle.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 12:04:00 PM by Darilon » Logged

Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #892 on: May 01, 2014, 12:35:34 PM »

Finally getting near the end of Zelda: ALBW. I'm in Lorule Castle, which has been surprisingly easy so far. Maybe it's not the final dungeon? I guess I'll see pretty soon.

Naw it is, the boss may give you some trouble though if it helps. :P
By that point though, Ikept collecting those monster tentacles and organs that I finally used a potion! :D

Playing Nier 4 hours in.. Did all the sidequests  so far but I think Ill just progress with the main story. I hear you need to collect all the weapons for some endings? Are these endings C and D worth getting?

Weapons > Sidequests IMO.
The sidequests surprisingly have decent mini-plots themselves, so it's fun to tackle a few, but I wouldn't get a in a tizzy about it.

My nephew found the Zone of the Enders HD special edition with the soundtrack and art book for $20 at a local discount store. O__O.. So im playing that.

You have a kind and good nephew.  Spoil him well on his birthday!

Child of Light

I'm loving this game.  Like any good RPG, it appreciates with the more skills your characters get and the harder the enemies get.  In which case I love/hate that enemies are just as likely to screw you out of an attack as you are to them.  The graphics are damn pretty...and I don't want this game to end.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #893 on: May 01, 2014, 02:02:32 PM »

Its the final countdown dungeon.

Unfortunately, while its neat, its no Ganon's Tower.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #894 on: May 01, 2014, 02:31:18 PM »

I  was also hoping for cooler music from the last area. It fits the game and context just fine, but considering how good the rest of the soundtrack has been, I was expecting better. Oh, well.
Overall, the dungeons have been amazing in this game. Probably the best collection of dungeons in a Zelda game since...ever? They've just been so brilliantly designed!
This game gives me so much hope after the mediocre-fest that was Skyward Sword.

Playing: DA: Inquisition
Reading: Mistbron#3: Hero of Ages
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #895 on: May 01, 2014, 02:49:15 PM »

I  was also hoping for cooler music from the last area. It fits the game and context just fine, but considering how good the rest of the soundtrack has been, I was expecting better. Oh, well.
Overall, the dungeons have been amazing in this game. Probably the best collection of dungeons in a Zelda game since...ever? They've just been so brilliantly designed!

Code:
The music changes after completing a certain amount of the dungeon.

Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #896 on: May 01, 2014, 04:04:29 PM »

Code:

In addition, and in case you missed it around the web, but the theme is the Hyrule Castle theme in reverse.  So that's cooool n stuff.
http://youtu.be/pyzztJgIV5s

And I liked that gradual build up of the song to sound more chaotic.

And-and I wasn't too keen on (assuming) OoT's Ganon's Tower.  Or just the parts the rehash previous dungeons.  I like that it is the same places but with more difficult obstacles, but I hate thinking about it from a developer stand-point where it's an awesome chance for them to just re-use assets.  Ah well.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #897 on: May 01, 2014, 04:54:20 PM »

Code:

In addition, and in case you missed it around the web, but the theme is the Hyrule Castle theme in reverse.  So that's cooool n stuff.
http://youtu.be/pyzztJgIV5s

And I liked that gradual build up of the song to sound more chaotic.

And-and I wasn't too keen on (assuming) OoT's Ganon's Tower.  Or just the parts the rehash previous dungeons.  I like that it is the same places but with more difficult obstacles, but I hate thinking about it from a developer stand-point where it's an awesome chance for them to just re-use assets.  Ah well.

The song also has bits of Yuga's theme mixed in as well
Code:
(at least until it starts distorting and picking up traces of Ganondorf's theme).

And I was referring to aLttP's Ganon's Tower (admittedly I should've specified that since there's been at least three Ganon's Towers; aLttP, OoT, and WW).

Klyde Chroma
LVL 12. Obsessive Compulsive Fruity Assassin

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #898 on: May 01, 2014, 08:05:35 PM »

Child of Light

I'm loving this game.  Like any good RPG, it appreciates with the more skills your characters get and the harder the enemies get.  In which case I love/hate that enemies are just as likely to screw you out of an attack as you are to them.  The graphics are damn pretty...and I don't want this game to end.

Let me join you in gushing over Child of Light.

While I was looking forward to it, I sort of expected it to be one of those titles that suckered me at face value only to prove to be another game I wish I loved.

Nothing could be further from the truth. I freakin' love it so far.

The aspects that initially felt a wee bit cumbersome and slow feel well oiled, deliberate and necessary to me a few hours in. Crafting and mechanical systems thus far actually feel worthwhile (playing on hard). And on the difficulty note, I'm real happy they let you swtich mid-game. I started on Normal and felt a tad underwhelmed, but on hard I'm quite engaged. Had I been forced to stick with normal for the entirety I think I would have an entirely different opinion about some aspects of the game in the long run.

I am going take a break from Atelier E and L and play the hell out of CoL. I simply can't help myself.

Terranigma: Last weekend I saved some plants and some birds.... good stuff. Bird boss, while not too difficult, was IRRITATING as hell to hit. I had flashbacks of running out of MP in Secret of Mana and fighting bosses with weapons to the tune of a 9 to 1 miss/hit ratio, and obsessively trying to use the bow (pure madness) because I thought it was "cool"

Let me note that any Mana flashbacks are welcome to me, even if they are bore of frustration at my inability to successfully connect attacks. LoL

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #899 on: May 01, 2014, 08:45:26 PM »

Finished Chapter 6 in Witch and the Hundred Knight. That boss battle... how did this game get away with a T rating? Ah well... that chapter was so strange, the first half of the main dungeon was a cakewalk with almost no enemies, and then the second to last section everything goes absolutely bonkers with enemies all over the place!
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 170 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: