Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 23, 2014, 02:35:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331973 Posts in 13597 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  A Game Journal Reborn
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 132 Print
Author Topic: A Game Journal Reborn  (Read 54145 times)
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #915 on: May 05, 2014, 03:12:00 AM »

and he's competing for Soren with Ike

I should probably stop hanging out with those yaoi-fangirls because that made me giggle way too much.

Anyway, still drawing maps in Etrian Odyssey Untold. They look absolutely lovely with all those new icons. I love drawing maps <3
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #916 on: May 05, 2014, 03:16:14 AM »

I really didn't care for The Witcher 2 either. I heard great things but found it tedious and cumbersome in the gameplay department. I did play the 360 version though. Maybe the PC version is more friendly..?

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #917 on: May 05, 2014, 05:02:26 AM »

I don't want to mess with this garbage creature creator, but getting every single creature is a gold trophy. I don't even remember this being in the original game. Was it?

The Creature Creator is a feature of the International version of X-2.
Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #918 on: May 05, 2014, 06:40:15 AM »

Yeah, I'm not sure about Makalov OR Zihark now.  I was using Zihark, but he had two garbage levels in a row (didn't reset, because other characters had great ones) and there are plenty of other good sword options.  I'm probably going to give Astrid and Kieran swords once they promote, as well.  Might give Kieran bows; not sure. 

I'm running and re-running this desert map to try and get all the items and maximize my bonus EXP.  Is it worth it to try and beat the map without killing any of the non-boss Laguz?  If not I'll just make sure to get the boots and Stefan and waste as little time as possible. 

Also, magic users.  Soren is pretty good and Ilyana isn't.  I'm not sure if I should put some BEXP into Tormod once I get him or not, but I do plan to use the prepromote sage that everyone seems to like.  Should I try and use all three of those (future) Sages?  Or just Soren and the prepromoted one? 

Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #919 on: May 05, 2014, 06:46:41 AM »

Made some progress in Steins;Gate. Enjoying the game a bit as it does address most of my minor issues with anime.

Code:
for example in the anime it seemed to be implied that Kurisu called for the ambulances in the beginning despite that not working in that timeline but in the game there are other people who see her in order to call the ambulances.

The fact that they can send a text message to a pager in 1993 or w/e (i.e., before cell phone towers) still bugs me, but they do at least acknowledge the issue (even if they do just hand wave it away).

That game is so great though, I'd stick with it if I were you. Chapter 1 is pretty exhausting, but once you get to the end of it, the game really picks up. I can't say the sidequests were ever fun, but the story in the game is really great.
The problem is that I don't care about anything going on. At this point if I ran through the game it would be speedrunning because I just don't care to get invested.

I really didn't care for The Witcher 2 either. I heard great things but found it tedious and cumbersome in the gameplay department. I did play the 360 version though. Maybe the PC version is more friendly..?
Imo, gameplay on the PC isn't cumbersome....just standard. Which isn't bad, but there isn't anything remarkable about it.
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #920 on: May 05, 2014, 07:05:21 AM »

Also, magic users.  Soren is pretty good and Ilyana isn't.  I'm not sure if I should put some BEXP into Tormod once I get him or not, but I do plan to use the prepromote sage that everyone seems to like.  Should I try and use all three of those (future) Sages?  Or just Soren and the prepromoted one? 

I adore sages so I usually kept three (one for every element) around with Soren being the one that was never ever benched. He's with you for most of the game, has good (or even great) magic, skill, speed and res unless the RGN gods screw him over, and Adept is a great skill for him. Biggest downside is that is strength is pretty much non-existent and he'll probably have some difficulty lifting the heavier tomes unless you feed him a stat booster or two. Seriously, he has like the lowest str stat in the entire game except for maybe Rhys. If it weren't for the miracle of promotion Reyson would be stronger and that's the dude who broke all the bones in his hand after punching a bucket of lard.

Well, and his support options are kinda really limited, but it's not like he really needs anyone other than Ike to kick ass.
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #921 on: May 05, 2014, 09:31:15 AM »

Just finished Chapter 8 of Witch and the Hundred Knight. Just when I thought this game's plot couldn't get any more depressing. I've really been enjoying this game for the past few chapters. I like the direction the plot is going, depressing parts and all, and I like that the game has enough variety in enemies that the combat never feels completely dull.

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #922 on: May 05, 2014, 11:39:08 AM »

Just beat Cthulhu saves the world. The game was a lot of fun and I really enjoyed the humour in it. Think I will be getting Breath of Death VII soon.

Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #923 on: May 05, 2014, 01:33:44 PM »

FiNished Nier, one of the best games I've ever played.
Got all endings and did all sidequests.

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #924 on: May 05, 2014, 01:36:58 PM »

Go read the Grimoire Nier now to really fall in love with it if you haven't already.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #925 on: May 05, 2014, 01:43:59 PM »

Go read the Grimoire Nier now to really fall in love with it if you haven't already.

To really fall in love? I think Im way past that xD. Consider me a Nier acolyte, I was already planning on reading it, thanks for the link :)

I cried buckets of tears during
Code:
the 2nd playthrough, after doing the Facade part with the wolves after having seen the other portions aswell as a culmination of everything, absolutely brilliant making you play "the villain" or simply seeing things from the other side, talk about moral ambiguity done right. It's a masterpiece
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 01:47:01 PM by Holykael1 » Logged

Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #926 on: May 05, 2014, 01:55:49 PM »

I don't want to mess with this garbage creature creator, but getting every single creature is a gold trophy. I don't even remember this being in the original game. Was it?

The Creature Creator is a feature of the International version of X-2.

That's what I thought. More stupid mini-game crap. Like there wasn't enough of it already in this haha. I don't think I'm gunning for trophies in this game then. Too much work I don't want to put forth.

GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #927 on: May 05, 2014, 02:02:59 PM »

Damn, end boss in A Link Between Worlds is a bitch. Fought him numerous times last night, and only once did I get him flashing. Gamefaqs offers no help either. Wonderful.

Playing: TWD Season 2
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #928 on: May 05, 2014, 03:11:55 PM »

Damn, end boss in A Link Between Worlds is a bitch. Fought him numerous times last night, and only once did I get him flashing. Gamefaqs offers no help either. Wonderful.

Usually if gamefaqs is no help I just youtube it. Someone out there has it on video of how to beat it I'm sure. I don't remember it being all that difficult, but it was months ago and I've slept since then haha.

mecharobot

Thunder of the dogs! INDIGNATION

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #929 on: May 05, 2014, 03:47:22 PM »

Okay, I laid waste on Mephisto in Diablo II and now it's time to go to HELL. Mephy was kind of dangerous, I'm not sure what attack he was doing but occasionally it made me retreat before I could even begin the assault and other times I was just standing there not really feeling like I was in danger at all. My merc naturally kept dying again and it was kind of expensive fight. I also ran into an elite before him, of which I had absolutely no means to deal damage to. Thankfully I could just outrun it.
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 132 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: