Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2014, 10:56:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334759 Posts in 13709 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  A Game Journal Reborn
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 153 Print
Author Topic: A Game Journal Reborn  (Read 63430 times)
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1185 on: June 11, 2014, 10:40:53 AM »

Alright, so I'm trying to get the Ribbon treasure chest in Bevelle in Chapter 2 of FF X-2 HD. I am following my strategy guide and somehow manage to mess it up and the last platform is not in front of the gap. I restart from the save right before (which is annoying by the way because you have to redo like 5 boss fights) and follow a video guide on youtube step for step and it STILL isn't in the right spot while the one is the video is. FUCK THIS SHIT. It makes no sense why mine isn't working. I think it is glitched or something. I moved on, I'll just try again in chapter 5. Not worth the headache.

ultra7k

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1186 on: June 11, 2014, 01:53:15 PM »

Making my way through DQ VIII for iOS. Currently going through the Swordsman's Dungeon. Sometimes I forget how punishing random encounters can be in the DQ world!

Totally loving it.
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1187 on: June 11, 2014, 09:51:43 PM »

I'm seriously starting to get pissed off. I have followed 4 video walkthrough's to a T for this ribbon in Bevelle and the platforms always line up for them in the video and the very last one is never in the right spot on mine. I'm REALLY beginning to wonder if my game is glitched because there is no other explanation for this. This is ridiculously frustrating!

GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1188 on: June 13, 2014, 11:34:04 AM »

Started Wolf Among Us. Damn, this is WAY more violent and language-filled than I was expecting.
I like it, though. I think the whole detective/mystery will work well with this style. The graphics, music, voices, are all perfect.

Playing: TWD Season 2, Alan Wake
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1189 on: June 13, 2014, 01:33:41 PM »

Beat Chapter 1 in Insane Difficulty in T3B. To give credit where credit's due, I'm surprised that they didn't just slap more HP and damage on everything and called it a day (like with all the other difficulty levels). Instead they also included a feature where the health of those you Overdive into adjusts itself to your current health level (which means that the usual tactic of bailing as things goes south now creates a domino effect of turning everybody into one hit wonders while the guy you just left is guaranteed to die). What this really means is now instead of using other guys to pull yourself out of danger, you spend your time running and hiding and pulling the other guys out of the fire when things start to look bad for them. Of course, to make sure to make this thrown bone as useless as possible, your OD bullet time's slowdown is severely nerfed.

That's not to say that they also didn't crank up HP counts as well as damage and defense. Tackling the first boss was a pain in the ass due to the fact that even the most powerful Assault Rifle available was barely scratching the douche (fortunately, between its gimmick, the fact that there's a guy sporting a Liberation building AR, and the fact that I came prepared with the Kill Boost and Energy Shot OEs maxed out made the fucker bearable). Unfortunately the Regeneration OE is amazingly useless, so I'm either going to have to swap it out for either Healing or Critical Hit.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Wild Armor
Observer

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1190 on: June 13, 2014, 02:58:37 PM »

Still descending the 4th labyrinth in Etrian Odyssey IV. Loads of fun. I've pumped a lot of hours into this game without realizing it. I usually play it at night until I get tired enough to sleep. I'll usually watch youtube vids on my kindle or catch up on classical music whenever I play, so it's been a fun experience. :)

Avatar Author's sig: Let me know if you know this author. :)
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1191 on: June 14, 2014, 04:02:13 AM »

There's apparently a bug in the GTA3-based games that makes aiming impossible when you put them in widescreen mode because the targeting reticular no longer matches where you shoot. To disable this, you have to select a 4:3 resolution AND turn off widescreen (there's a separate widescreen option).

This is apparently why I found the first couple of missions in San Andreas completely impossible.

---

Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet - Played it for like an hour. It's fun and it's got a nice aesthetic but it's very much a standard-feeling Zeldatroid and I expect I'd burn out on it for the same reasons I burnt out on Aquaria -- you end up taking a very methodical approach to exploration that kiiiinda drains the fun.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 10:46:36 PM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1192 on: June 14, 2014, 03:59:39 PM »

Wolfenstein: The New Order:

Was looking forward to this. And while the story has its moments and is a fine game, overall The New Order is not for me.
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1193 on: June 15, 2014, 07:51:52 AM »

Just got Zelos in Tales of Symphonia. So far I am doing pretty good on this run. Also, I am really enjoying replaying Tales of Symphonia. Certainly one of my favorites in the series, and easily the one I have put the most hours in.
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1194 on: June 15, 2014, 09:08:43 AM »

I am very close to considering Luftrausers "Beat". It's been a while since I beat a game only days after I bought it...

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1195 on: June 15, 2014, 09:50:31 AM »

Haven't posted here in quite a while. In Wildstar, my Esper is now level 22 and my Warrior is now level 13. I'm liking the Warrior a little bit more, but I also really like healing as my Esper. The game is still absolutely fantastic. The housing options are absolutely limitless. One of my guildmates is actually building herself a treehouse on her property (as in, putting a bunch of 2x4s together in a tree she enlarged to fit a house). The game also tends to get rather difficult as you get up in levels, the dungeons in particular are much more challenging than anything offered in FF14, Coil excluded.

Also in Chapter 6 of Monster Monpiece and still slowly grinding away in Witch and the Hundred Knight.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1196 on: June 15, 2014, 12:38:37 PM »

Current Progress:

Crizmon Clover - Did practice mode on Stage 2 a bit. Novice mode feels easy after screwing around with Arcade mode :P. Getting better at this though I wish I had the option to use a SLIGHTLY slower ship. I think I had a similar problem with the Raiden Fighters games, where the faster ships were sort of fiddly to me.

Asscreed 2 - Played this a bit more. Still think it feels kind of gross for some reason, buuuuuut it also feels REALLY Gothic-y, which I definitely like. I wanna spend more time with this.

SLD - ... That's a convenient abbreviation ANYWAY. Messed around in Rosaria. I'll have to check out Whisper of A Rose sometime -- didn't realize that this was sort of a sequel to that.

I haven't actually played many RPGMaker XP/VXA era games -- Yume Nikki, OFF, and Space Funeral were all 2K3, afaik. Hell even Ahrmian's Prophecy was from what I remember, and I don't know HOW they did the stuff they did in that game.

Clive Barker's Undying - Played this for like an hour. I don't think it's for me. I got two crashes during that time -- one a hard crash from some D3D error, the other was a cutscene... failing to start, which wasn't... good. It has things that amount to being instant-death traps with little warning as to what they are (Chandelier falls on you as a literal instant death trap. Then there's instances where enemies spawn in low visibility areas where they're hard to avoid). Levels do... not feel explorable. When you get hit, the screen shakes a lot which isn't fun. Also the way the enemies move feels like it'd work fine in something like Serious Sam, with open levels, but not the really claustrophobic levels this has.

Soooo it's June 15th. I feel like I should construct a list of summery feeling games that I should force myself to play. What I'm looking at so far:

RPGS:
Suikoden 3, Ultima 5, Sweet Lily Dreams, River of Time, and... probably LoM since I need to test my mod.
And contingent on me arsing myself into getting a 360... Vesperia. Or if I end up with a PSP, probably VC2 idk I'm a consumer whore, help.

Non-RPGs:
Tropico, Vice City, something X-Com, and AI Wars. Or Distant Worlds whenever the patch barrage stops on that.

I'm also toying with the idea of, every Friday, just picking something short from my Steam or Gamersgate library and just shotgunning it until I finish it or get bored.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 11:17:05 PM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1197 on: June 16, 2014, 03:28:44 AM »

Finally got past the boss in level 4 of Henry Hatsworth that has been driving me crazy!

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
mecharobot

Thunder of the dogs! INDIGNATION

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1198 on: June 16, 2014, 05:35:42 AM »

I've had a severe RPG burnout for a couple of weeks, so I'm not really playing anything. I did order Shin Rorona, though. Also I noticed DW Gundam Reborn actually looks like it fixed some things I've seen wrong with the series so I think I'll have throw my money at that too. Ah, the pleasures of being a fanboy. But for now, I'm trying to install Sacred 2 Gold, which is like 14 gb it seems. Might as well focus on ARPGs as long as they can keep me interested.
Klyde Chroma
Lvl. 7 Fruity Ninja and Dincrest groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1199 on: June 16, 2014, 06:16:31 AM »

And contingent on me arsing myself into getting a 360... Vesperia.

My advice is not to think about it. Just do it. I got a 360 solely for Vesperia and don't regret it at all. Not only are there a few other gems but Vesperia is easily within my top 3 of this last gen.

As for my current progress....

ESCHA AND LOGY IS DONE!!!! The last year of the game was good. Not great enough to save it as a whole for me, as by that point I just wanted it to end but far more enjoyable than the first 3 years.

TERRANIGMA... Aeolus wasn't lying when he said I was about to incur tough times.... Norforest wasn't exactly hard itself but getting into the dungeon in the first place was sort of tricky. It was then onto spain. Bloody Marry was quite challenging to say the least. After dying numerous times, I'm ashamed to admit I pulled "spam the hell out of electric ring" to finally prove victorious. Awesome boss fight.

On the Terranigma note... I still am really excited to move forward with this game. Although I hate the MC, they really did a fine job of keeping each new area fresh enough to avoid a stale "lather rinse repeat" vibe. The puzzle aspect is still keeping me cognitively on my toes. I've really no objective complaints about the title thus far with the exception of the fixed attack angle of N-S-E-W getting on my nerves at times. A wide ranged hit box to accomodate a "swinging" type attack of some nature would have helped gameplay immensely IMO.

SHADOW HEARTS. Just started. About 10 hours in. Totally in love. The writing here is so unique. Very compelling albeit longwinded at points. But with everything as pertinent/entertaining as this title is proving to be I can deal with 20-30 minute intervals of mostly all reading. Too early to say much more but first impressions are strong with this one. I just finished up all the events with Li Li and am on my way to Shanghai where it appears I am walking into one (if not more then one) trap/set up/baaaaaad situation.

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 153 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: