Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2014, 03:54:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332764 Posts in 13635 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  A Game Journal Reborn
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 139 Print
Author Topic: A Game Journal Reborn  (Read 56756 times)
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1245 on: June 22, 2014, 10:55:34 PM »

Why did I convince myself I didn't like Xenoblade? Also is plush Rikis a thing?

Because you were delusional?

I was curious, so I checked.

They're not, but I did find a pattern to make one!

http://xenoblade.wikia.com/wiki/File:Rikki_plush_clean.jpg

Here's what it looks like!

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2011/303/b/c/riki_plushie_by_plushraysetiger-d4eiz3s.jpg

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1246 on: June 22, 2014, 11:11:54 PM »

omg, this is really cute, and I don't even find Nopons that adorable at all (HOWEVER!  I do admire their independence and not simply "mascot character" status!).

@ Dice wrt Kidicarus: Do you have a 3DS or a 3DSXL?

Xenoblade - Hanging out with Hermione on the hand. Played this for like two hours. Why did I convince myself I didn't like Xenoblade? Also is plush Rikis a thing?

Cuz Xenoblade is awesome.  It's like the single-player-FF12-offline-MMO done completely right.

And I'm playing on the XL --- why do you ask?
(I suppose camera-ing it with a bigger screen is somewhat problematic I guess??)

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #1247 on: June 22, 2014, 11:21:53 PM »

Just about to start Branch D of Drakenagrd 3. As horribly flawed as the game is in many ways, I'm really loving it.

I'd really like to platinum it, but not sure I'll be up for the gold-grinding to fully upgrade all weapons.

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1248 on: June 23, 2014, 01:29:51 AM »

omg, this is really cute, and I don't even find Nopons that adorable at all (HOWEVER!  I do admire their independence and not simply "mascot character" status!).

Xenoblade - Hanging out with Hermione on the hand. Played this for like two hours. Why did I convince myself I didn't like Xenoblade? Also is plush Rikis a thing?

Cuz Xenoblade is awesome.  It's like the single-player-FF12-offline-MMO done completely right.

(I suppose camera-ing it with a bigger screen is somewhat problematic I guess??)

I heard the bigger screen made aiming easier but you have the added weight so it's harder to hold. IDK I thought the pure controller controls worked fine for the ground stuff.

I think I'll o mess around with that tonight because I can't sleep.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1249 on: June 23, 2014, 01:51:44 AM »

I heard the bigger screen made aiming easier but you have the added weight so it's harder to hold. IDK I thought the pure controller controls worked fine for the ground stuff.

I think I'll o mess around with that tonight because I can't sleep.

Eh, not really... aiming is sharp enough; I just hate how the camera moves; you really gotta press on it and it doesn't feel "all there" by way of how responsive it is... And between moving, aiming, dodging, shooting, and everything else I just hate trying to work the camera in.

I *love* the game, and I love playing it, but the controls are just an annoying "itch" you gotta deal with between the rough and tumble of a good melee fight.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1250 on: June 23, 2014, 02:03:38 AM »

Nintendoin' what nintendoes best.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 02:07:00 AM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1251 on: June 23, 2014, 02:16:16 AM »

Probably because you hadn't made it to the Fallen Arm yet. I feel like the Fallen Arm makes up for the Alcamoth/Valak Mountain segment where you've finally had the time to either go through and digest every Alcamoth/Frontier Village sidequest available or you've finally gotten the space to deal with the sidequests that still remain. You've also just obtained your final party member, you've just hit the fourth/fifth tier of Gems giving your people significant performance upgrades, you're finally capping out Skills for your newer party members, Advanced Arts Manuals are starting to drop, you're about to hit the final populated area prior to the endgame, the plot just hit the point where, in previous Xeno games, would typically be where the game goes into crunch time and suddenly you're sitting in a chair watching a highschool powerpoint lecture, and it doesn't do that in this game, also the area is really fuckin' nice to gawk at (and the music is equally chillax).

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1252 on: June 23, 2014, 01:13:45 PM »

Finished up Dragon Age Origins Awakening this weekend after starting it Friday night haha. Took about 13 hours. The story was a nice addition to the original game and it was fun as a whole. I'm glad I only had to pay 20 bucks on Amazon for it though because 40 bucks probably would have felt like a rip-off a bit. I mean I did most everything in it and got every single trophy and it only took me 13 hours. If you just do the story you could finish it much faster. Now to start Dragon Age II for the first time. Wish me luck, I heard most people disliked it alot compared to the first haha.

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1253 on: June 23, 2014, 05:48:16 PM »

I borrowed a copy of Garden Warfare in an attempt to explore some of my options for a second game to have with my PS4 in September. Really loving it! The "classes" are varied enough to always keep things interesting andthe mechanics are really well designed for online team multiplayer. The level designs feel a bit lacking, but nothing that ruins the rest of the game. I can also report that anyone saying the game was designed to convince players to purchase microtransactions has never played a game designed in such a way. The game hands out anywhere from 2,000 - 8,000 coins per match, and card packs (which give a generous number of cards) range from 10,000 - 40,000 coins.

I'm always ending up on the losing team, though, even though I'm fairly regularly in one of the top 3 spots.
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1254 on: June 24, 2014, 12:32:47 PM »

I started up Dragon Age II this morning before work and played a couple of hours. NOW I understand why so many people were upset. Bioware changed way too much shit they shouldn't have. I have no idea what they were thinking. Not being able to import your character from the first game and play as them is understandable given they wanted another story going on at roughly the same time with new characters, but forcing us to be human and not be able to customize like anything is horseshit. The combat system is also alot more like an action game in this one. I much prefer the combat in the first game. The improved character animations and facial expressions are nice, but the art direction in the first one was also way better since they had to make up for less pretty graphics. Now, I do think the menus are better handled in this one because I can actually read things since the text and everything is bigger. Unfortunately, for whatever reason, they switched the conversations to the Mass Effect system when the first one was completely fine. Again, not something that needed changed at all. We'll see how much I end up enjoying this, but I'm pretty bummed out currently. I know I'm late to the party, but I had to vent somewhere haha.

Der Jermeister

The Angry Videogame Fur

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1255 on: June 24, 2014, 03:23:56 PM »

Beat Borderlands 2 Vita today, managed to deal whole lot of damage to the final boss without even entering his shield-protected area thanks to crags that put me up far enough, and I occasionally reloaded my ammo via the nearby vending machine. Was generally impressed with the game, with the only real disappointment being the soundtrack, or lack of, thereof, and I haven't played very many western RPGs that have had "good" soundtracks.

Still working my way through Riviera: The Promised land PSP, and I recently got a useful limit break for Ein from a story event.

On Tales of Symphonia PS3, I'm back at the Tower of Salvation in Tethe'alla working my way through the tree/ruins part.

Recently rescued the canary boys in Bravely Default.

Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1256 on: June 24, 2014, 04:43:17 PM »

That was a nice Game Dev Tycoon run. In the end my company became most famous for its RPGs, especially the Time and Stories of... series. Time's End sold nearly 20 million copies. We took some risks here and there and it was mostly the crazy ones that paid off: the press loved Revenge, a dark superhero action adventure. Zombieville, our first attempt at developing for phones and tablets, was an utter failure. Apparently users just weren't ready for our casual zombie-filled simulation game (you build a fortresslike town to survive the zombie apocalypse - that's cool, right?). On the other hand, the post-apocalyptic Goddess Incarnate RPG series was pretty much a culthit. Final Incarnation especially was very well recieved despite being made on a fairly small budget and not having much marketing behind it.

Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1257 on: June 24, 2014, 05:59:37 PM »

I started up Dragon Age II this morning before work and played a couple of hours. NOW I understand why so many people were upset. Bioware changed way too much shit they shouldn't have. I have no idea what they were thinking. Not being able to import your character from the first game and play as them is understandable given they wanted another story going on at roughly the same time with new characters, but forcing us to be human and not be able to customize like anything is horseshit. The combat system is also alot more like an action game in this one. I much prefer the combat in the first game. The improved character animations and facial expressions are nice, but the art direction in the first one was also way better since they had to make up for less pretty graphics. Now, I do think the menus are better handled in this one because I can actually read things since the text and everything is bigger. Unfortunately, for whatever reason, they switched the conversations to the Mass Effect system when the first one was completely fine. Again, not something that needed changed at all. We'll see how much I end up enjoying this, but I'm pretty bummed out currently. I know I'm late to the party, but I had to vent somewhere haha.
I think that Dragon Age II has a nice skill system and the characters and party banter are both good, but the game does have a number of disappointing design decisions.  I'm probably going to replay it later this year and see if I like it a little better than I did.  Will take different story route.  We'll see how it goes. 

Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1258 on: June 24, 2014, 06:12:51 PM »

Started up Farcry 3. I have basically just ignored the story as soon as I could and gone off exploring. Being suddenly attacked by a crocodile scared the shit out of me.

As soon as I saw the start of the game all I could think of was

Code:
Don't worry, brothers are tough!

Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1259 on: June 24, 2014, 06:31:41 PM »

I think that Dragon Age II has a nice skill system and the characters and party banter are both good, but the game does have a number of disappointing design decisions.  I'm probably going to replay it later this year and see if I like it a little better than I did.  Will take different story route.  We'll see how it goes. 

The skill system does seem to make more sense in this game. There are things they did better in this game for sure and it is going to be awesome to get the best of both worlds in Inquisition.

Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 139 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: