Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2014, 12:15:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331732 Posts in 13581 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  A Game Journal Reborn
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 128 Print
Author Topic: A Game Journal Reborn  (Read 52879 times)
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1305 on: June 30, 2014, 02:58:36 PM »

Work =/= Fun

Say that to FromSoft, not me clever man.

So condescension. Much defensive. Wow.

...okay, I'll stop.

It's the Yggy way to take things [unknowingly] personal.

I have never once felt like gaining a skill involving a video game was actually worth my time and effort.
[/quote]

Yeah I'm kinda the same; mainly because I got too much else taking my time that, as much as I like and love playing and experiencing games, I try not to focus too much on one.

Anyways, I got Drakengard 3 during an Amazon "flash sale" (it was $25 off... I would have posted about it, but by the time I caught there was like 5 minutes left).
« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 03:05:08 PM by Dice » Logged

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1306 on: June 30, 2014, 03:41:23 PM »

I played and reviewed a game about curry for the site.

I am now playing Atelier Rorona Plus. Because I need a palate cleanser.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1307 on: June 30, 2014, 04:20:58 PM »

I take it that it didn't go down well?

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1308 on: June 30, 2014, 04:29:12 PM »

I take it that it didn't go down well?

It should get posted eventually, but I can't say I was a fan. :p

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1309 on: June 30, 2014, 09:19:21 PM »

@Mickeymac92:

I know I've said this before but if you're in the mood to softmod a PS2, import Shadow Tower Abyss.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00006SMCI/ref=sr_1_1_olp?ie=UTF8&qid=1404175977&sr=8-1&keywords=shadow+tower+abyss&condition=used

Seriously it's cheap and great. The Shadow Tower games really capture the /feel/ of Dark Souls, without being nearly as hard. I'm more apt to recommend STA over the original since it's smoother, although the original one got an official US release if you're not in the mood to screw around with softmodding.

Also sort of bored with people bitching about Dust's crappy character art. Yes, the portraits and character sprites kind of suck. No, I don't think that's a good reason to hate the game as a whole :T

Anyway, played some more missions in Saint's Row 3.

Also, I don't know if I mentioned this, but I feel like Radiant Silvergun works /a lot/ better with analog controls.

--- edit ---

Went to do some monitor calibrations for the XBox (it looks fine on my laptop but the XBox screws the contrast up, idk); ended up playing SR3 for like two hours. NOW I'm legits out of the opening part.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 12:05:01 AM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1310 on: July 01, 2014, 02:14:07 AM »

Is there any point to me overachieving with Sterk in Atelier Rorona?

I gave him a lot more Zettel than he asked for and  I don't see any forthcoming reward other than "You did good, kid".
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 02:22:45 AM by Starmongoose » Logged

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Draak

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1311 on: July 01, 2014, 03:21:47 AM »

Divnity: OS - Gameplay seems to be excellent from what I've played and the interactivity with the scenary sets it apart from almost all RPGs I've played. True to a Larian game, the dialogues are funny/witty: couldn't help but smile when an enemy was complaining about arthritis. Had to tear myself away from the computer or I'd keep playing.
mecharobot

Thunder of the dogs! INDIGNATION

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1312 on: July 01, 2014, 04:50:50 AM »

Is there any point to me overachieving with Sterk in Atelier Rorona?

I gave him a lot more Zettel than he asked for and  I don't see any forthcoming reward other than "You did good, kid".

Though there is no guide afaik, I think not. Seems that only the golden stars matter again (don't know if you played vanilla rorona or not) and you don't even need a maximum of those for endings. In vanilla you actually needed not to get too many of them or you were locked out of like half of the endings, but I've seen reports that you can apparently trigger them with much more ease this time around, meaning that you don't probably need to play bad on purpose. Still I'd suggest not wasting time on Assignments. There's probably more useful things to do, like making bombs or equipment, or something good to wholesale later. For reference in vanilla the ending triggers were set around +/- 92 golden stars (iirc), +/- 80 % popularity and of course the standard stuff involving friendship levels and triggering final events (or sometimes not triggering them).
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1313 on: July 01, 2014, 05:46:24 AM »

I see, thanks for your help!

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1314 on: July 01, 2014, 07:04:33 AM »

Was planning on playing Dynasty Warriors Gundam Reborn today, but sadly it isn't getting a preload like it was supposed to, so I might not actually get to play it till tomorrowish due to download times. Dammit Sony. x_x

Just beat the story in Dragon Age II. That was a damn fine game, I don't get the hate. Sure it could have used larger areas and more places to explore because it gets kind of tiresome going to the same places over and over, but I really did feel like I had an influence over Kirkwall and watched it evolve over the game based on my decisions. It was really neat. Same goes with the characters. They relationships with them really sold the story and setting for me. These are memorable characters (maybe even more so that the first game). The story is awesome too and should have major consequences either way you go about it in the next game. It does feel more like an action game than RPG at times, but Mass Effect does too and I don't think it's a bad thing. I just think that's why RPG purists prefer the first game. I like them about the same, but for different reasons. I like this one because it has a better quest system, better menus, better graphics, and much less confusing item and crafting system. I like the first one for its exploration, mythology, and overall plot. They make a good one two punch. Can't wait for Inquisition! I can finally go watch some trailers without fear of spoilers haha.

Question for my Dragon Age friends: Any of the DAII DLC worth getting? I looked into Mark of the Assassin, but it just looks like a Felicia Day fangasm that has no effect on any of the story at all. I barely even know who she is anyway.
Glad you enjoyed it.  Out of curiosity which faction did you side with at the end? Now for DLC, I would say that all of the story DLC are worth playing....with some caveats. The Exiled Prince would have been worth it had you gotten it before hitting chapter 3, at this point thought I don't think you can actually run through it now so actually pass on it. Legacy is a must play as it has a major major revelation in it which there is some speculation may be leading into DAI. I recommend brining your sibling and maybe Anders along if you can. Mark of the Assassin is enjoyable, but it is more of a story about Tallis than Hawke. So if you don't care about Tallis, then it will not be worth it,
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1315 on: July 01, 2014, 08:48:40 AM »

I am really, truly, genuinely shocked at the production values for Puppeteer.

This is a slick looking game.

I was worried the jumping would be shit like Little Big Planet, because the main character kind of resembles Nut Sack Boy, but it's much less frustrating.

I can't believe Sony just sent this out to die.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1316 on: July 01, 2014, 09:33:33 AM »

I told you guys to buy Puppeteer. Nobody wanted to listen.
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1317 on: July 01, 2014, 09:46:53 AM »

Was planning on playing Dynasty Warriors Gundam Reborn today, but sadly it isn't getting a preload like it was supposed to, so I might not actually get to play it till tomorrowish due to download times. Dammit Sony. x_x

Just beat the story in Dragon Age II. That was a damn fine game, I don't get the hate. Sure it could have used larger areas and more places to explore because it gets kind of tiresome going to the same places over and over, but I really did feel like I had an influence over Kirkwall and watched it evolve over the game based on my decisions. It was really neat. Same goes with the characters. They relationships with them really sold the story and setting for me. These are memorable characters (maybe even more so that the first game). The story is awesome too and should have major consequences either way you go about it in the next game. It does feel more like an action game than RPG at times, but Mass Effect does too and I don't think it's a bad thing. I just think that's why RPG purists prefer the first game. I like them about the same, but for different reasons. I like this one because it has a better quest system, better menus, better graphics, and much less confusing item and crafting system. I like the first one for its exploration, mythology, and overall plot. They make a good one two punch. Can't wait for Inquisition! I can finally go watch some trailers without fear of spoilers haha.

Question for my Dragon Age friends: Any of the DAII DLC worth getting? I looked into Mark of the Assassin, but it just looks like a Felicia Day fangasm that has no effect on any of the story at all. I barely even know who she is anyway.
Glad you enjoyed it.  Out of curiosity which faction did you side with at the end? Now for DLC, I would say that all of the story DLC are worth playing....with some caveats. The Exiled Prince would have been worth it had you gotten it before hitting chapter 3, at this point thought I don't think you can actually run through it now so actually pass on it. Legacy is a must play as it has a major major revelation in it which there is some speculation may be leading into DAI. I recommend brining your sibling and maybe Anders along if you can. Mark of the Assassin is enjoyable, but it is more of a story about Tallis than Hawke. So if you don't care about Tallis, then it will not be worth it,

I sided with the
Code:
mages because I hated Meredith haha. I was shocked when Anders blew up the place and I was the reason he was able to do it. I'm curious what happens if you don't let Anders into the chantry and distract the Grand Cleric. Does he still get in their somehow or what? I was annoyed Fenris turned on me, but I expected it. I doesn't seem to matter what you choose because I had to fight both Orsino and Meredith at the end anyway.

Thanks for the recommendation on DLC. I was annoyed when I found out I missed out on an archer character. I always wait to play DLC after I beat games, but of course this one should be played early so that the character gets added into the story. OF COURSE. I always wondered why I kept finding useless bows everywhere that Varric couldn't equip, and now I know.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 09:48:30 AM by Blace » Logged

Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1318 on: July 01, 2014, 10:24:43 AM »

Far Cry 3

Cleared the northern Island. I absolutely loved Vaas but I am not too fond of the actual story. I avoided a lot of the hype surrounding Vaas so that probably helped. The game gives me a Pocahontas/Avatar vibe even though it isn't really like them. Crafted all possible upgrades so no real incentive to go hunting anymore.

Dragon's Crown

One Talisman remaining. Think I will need to grind a bit first though. Made an attempt on the Red Dragon and he wiped out my AI party pretty easily. I managed to avoid the worst of it myself but there was no way I would have been able to take out 3/4 of his health on my own.

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1319 on: July 01, 2014, 03:53:12 PM »

I was worried the jumping would be shit like Little Big Planet, because the main character kind of resembles Nut Sack Boy, but it's much less frustrating.

Okay when LBP was announced originally and people were making over the videos, my only thought was that the movement physics looked awful. THANK YOU FOR UNDERSTANDING ME.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 128 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: