Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 16, 2014, 07:35:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331403 Posts in 13572 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  A Game Journal Reborn
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 126 Print
Author Topic: A Game Journal Reborn  (Read 51538 times)
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1365 on: July 05, 2014, 04:33:50 AM »

Vesperia - Playing this a bit further -- I'm in Humectress, just after hunting down the eggbear in What Forest.

1. This is basically TotA but without all the stuff I didn't like about TotA.
2. Estelle is totes Starfire from Teen Titans.

Ultima 5 - For the sake of nostalgia, I messed around unproductively in Paws and the Greater Britain Metropolitan Area, before heading off to Yew. Got some decent drops from a Headless.

Also did one mission each n GTAV and San Andreas.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1366 on: July 05, 2014, 10:45:28 AM »

Finished up the Legacy DLC for DA2. While I enjoyed the story and setting, 2 hours of gameplay for 10 bucks IS NOT worth it. I even did the three "side quests" that take all of three seconds to accomplish. I decided to try out Mark of Assassin and downloaded it. Going to start it tonight.

Also, as for this Mistwalker talk that I missed: I'm in the minority of Blue Dragon > Lost Odyssey mostly because Lost Odyssey was one of my most disappointing games I've ever played since I was so hyped for it. It's not bad, but I expected it to be better. Like others have said, the battles got boring and long too quickly and outside of the amazing stories from the dreams, the overall plot is lacking. Blue Dragon doesn't really have a good plot either, but I didn't take it as seriously and managed to enjoy it more. It also was just more fun to play for me than Lost Odyssey was. Either way, don't expect anything other than decent or mediocre because you'll be disappointed.

Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1367 on: July 06, 2014, 02:23:11 PM »

Been playing a lot of Mount and Blade Warband lately.
I did something stupid and started a new game (there goes my life)

My biggest complaint about this game used to be how bad it looks

but with mods... it looks pretty damn good
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1368 on: July 06, 2014, 04:58:29 PM »

@annubis: Which DirectX mode did you have it in the top screen? I don't remember the unmodded game looking THAT bad.

ToV - Played up through the golem boss in the ruins. This is entirely what I wanted TotA to have been. In more ways than one /if you get my drift/ (you don't get my drift cause there is no drift to be ge-rotten).

U5 - Did something else in this but I forgot what. I forgot most of yesterday. Whoops.

Saints Row 3 - Dildo is sort of overpowered but really good for doing crowd control at gang activities. Less good if you call in a bunch of homies and don't want to friendly fire on them. Also less good when dealing with survival events cause you can't really bottleneck dudes there. Did some minor plastic surgery, the first snatched mission, updated my dude's clothes, bought some businesses.

Crimzon Clover - ???

The Last Story - Played a bit of this. Enjoyed it after I took it off the default control scheme. Will keep playing. Wish I could read the text though. Possibly need to get component-to-VGA converter as this is a problem with a lot of wii games.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Annubis

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1369 on: July 06, 2014, 05:47:55 PM »

@annubis: Which DirectX mode did you have it in the top screen? I don't remember the unmodded game looking THAT bad.

That's just pics I got off Google. I do remember it looking that bad on my old computer. The hardware was pretty shit on it.
Mine looks a bit better than the second pic but it really takes all the juice out of my computer.
Could probably make it even better with some SweetFX, but then I'm scared that my FPS would drop too much in huge battles.
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1370 on: July 06, 2014, 06:16:10 PM »

I finished up Mark of the Assassin and I did not enjoy it very much. The beginning where you hunt for the wyvern was the best part. The stealth section was terrible and buggy. I would throw the rocks and the guards would walk over there and then teleport back to their normal spot and catch me. I hated it. The story also was pointless. To me, that was not worth 10 bucks.

Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1371 on: July 06, 2014, 06:54:26 PM »

Beat Shadow Hearts last night!!!

For such an amazing narrative, the ending was TERRIBLE! Apparaently, I got the "good ending" so its my hopes that the "bad ending" was actually interesting... gonna check it out sometime tonight.

After seeing everyone's mistwalker advice I'm beginning to think such an undertaking really is a fools errand right now. Gaming like its my job to get through something that isn't a must play after my recent playthroughs may prove too much. I just played FFIV, Child of Light, Atelier E&L and Shadow Hearts back to back. Thinking I could squeeze in Lost Odyssey before Tales of Xillia 2 comes out next month MIGHT be a bad move.... I just never really considered not having a big RPG going but I do have Drakengard 3, the rest of Terranigma and Battle Princess of Arcadia I could devote my time to before Xillia next month.

Jeese as I typed that I began to really feel foolish.... I always over-fill my plate in a manner of speaking, and I really don't want to feel inundated when Tales comes out.

Regardless though, thanks to the communities fine advice Lost Odyssey is certainly going on the "to play" list even if I don't get to it immediately.

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1372 on: July 06, 2014, 07:57:48 PM »

If you mean SH1, the bad ending's the canonical one.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1373 on: July 06, 2014, 08:06:30 PM »

If you mean SH1, the bad ending's the canonical one.

Yep that is why I phrased it like I did. I hope the REAL ending (even if it is coined as the "bad" ending) is better than the one I got.... I'm surprised I got it to be honest. I wasn't trying and didn't read any guides or faqs, but it just seemed intuitive as to when there were missables and optional efforts could be made to see different outcomes. I wish more games made the "secrets" and optional stuff more accessible in this way. Some games damn near require you to read/spoil stuff to achieve things.

Triscal-Goddess / PSN
Annubis

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1374 on: July 06, 2014, 08:14:54 PM »

Some games damn near require you to read/spoil stuff to achieve things.

*cough* Valkyrie Profile *cough*
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1375 on: July 06, 2014, 09:17:18 PM »

Some games damn near require you to read/spoil stuff to achieve things.

*cough* Valkyrie Profile *cough*

I'm sad to say I've played enough to be "good" with obtaining said ending.  The game's problem is more that it's completely "Beginner UNfriendly" than anything.  The game explains next to freaking nothing.

You gonna play Shadow Hearts 2??  It helps explain things for ending one (and I must ask Klyde, I love you, and let me know if you're selling games again any time soon! :DDD )

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1376 on: July 07, 2014, 05:35:07 PM »

I'm sad to say I've played enough to be "good" with obtaining said ending.  The game's problem is more that it's completely "Beginner UNfriendly" than anything.  The game explains next to freaking nothing.

You gonna play Shadow Hearts 2??  It helps explain things for ending one (and I must ask Klyde, I love you, and let me know if you're selling games again any time soon! :DDD )

Yep, I bought all three at the same time so 2 is just sitting there waiting for me. I would probably jump right into it if the judgement ring didn't start to get on my nerves by the end. In truth though I'm "saving" myself for Tales of Xillia 2 at the moment. I know Shadow hearts 2 is far longer than the first and I don't see me finishing it by the time Xillia 2 comes out. That being the case, I KNOW I would just rush it to see it through.

I've nothing to sell at the moment I'm afraid, but should that change I'll PM you immediately. A client/friend of mine made me swear I'd sell em SH1 when I was through with it. If he doesn't take it off my hands though I'll be sure to let you know ASAP.

Triscal-Goddess / PSN
(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1377 on: July 08, 2014, 02:07:27 AM »

Baldur's Gate:

I played through this series back when I was 12 and didn't know shit about how the gameplay worked. This time around, I'm patient enough to figure the rules out, so I'm not nearly as bad as when I first played.

I'm playing the EE version, so I'm using Neera, Rasaad and Dorn. My main is a Kensai, and I also have Imoen for ranged and Branwen for healz. Thinking about switching Bran for Viconia, not sure yet.
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1378 on: July 08, 2014, 05:30:12 AM »

F.E.A.R. Extraction point
It seems to do the "scary" part a little better then the main game. The problem with F.E.A.R. (the main game) is that it tries to do so many things at once but doesn't really nail any of them. The story is interesting though somewhat cliché and mostly told through scattered audio logs, but unlike Bioshock, its a bit of a mess. Its not until late game that you know enough to separate the random from the substance and even then, almost none of the characters get enough build up to be relevant. I kept getting the feeling like it was trying to ape Silent Hill in terms of atmosphere but it doesn't really work that well when you're playing a modern day Rambo. It does have some synergy going for it though, and ends up being better than the sum of its parts. The expansion tries to turn the "creepy" up a notch, but its more of the same really.

Venetica - got a little bored and put it on hold, but I want to finish it this time damn it!

NOW PLAYING:
Violette: No idea yet
One Finger Death Punch: F*ck Yeah!
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1379 on: July 08, 2014, 04:58:46 PM »

Baldur's Gate:

I played through this series back when I was 12 and didn't know shit about how the gameplay worked. This time around, I'm patient enough to figure the rules out, so I'm not nearly as bad as when I first played.

I'm playing the EE version, so I'm using Neera, Rasaad and Dorn. My main is a Kensai, and I also have Imoen for ranged and Branwen for healz. Thinking about switching Bran for Viconia, not sure yet.

Is there anything beyond the first screen? I swear, all the hours I spent with that game took place in the same inn. =P

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 126 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: