Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2014, 10:49:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334759 Posts in 13709 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  A Game Journal Reborn
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 153 Print
Author Topic: A Game Journal Reborn  (Read 63426 times)
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1395 on: July 10, 2014, 03:16:42 AM »

I was a SNES kid myself so that is totally on my retro list as well.

I LOVE going back and discovering 16 bit classics I missed. Terranigma has been my flavor for a bit now (finally got me a boat!!) with Treasure Hunter G, Rudra No Hidra, Romancing Saga 3 and Phantasy Star all waiting on deck. Also want to get to Vay. I don't care if it was sega CD. It was still part of that era for me, and I missed it dammit!

I'm actually really enjoying it.

It's been pretty kind so far about not making me grind too much until now. I'm at Garuberk Tower and I have a feeling I'm going to be spending a few hours just grinding my face off. It's the first real brick wall that I've hit, so I can't complain too much.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1396 on: July 10, 2014, 12:34:27 PM »

I've been going back and forth between Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes on PS4 and Persona 4: Golden. I'm enjoying both, although I didn't realize how short MGSV: GZ really was. I saw all the reports that you could beat the main mission in an hour, but I assumed that was just crazy people that knew exactly where to go and were fantastic at the game. I was wandering around aimlessly forever and had no idea what I was doing and finished it in a little over an hour. Luckily there's plenty of side missions and extra ops too or this would not have been worth the money. I gathered all the XOF patches and rescued the prisoner so now I need to do some side missions.

As for Persona 4: Golden, loving this game (again). I never beat the original PS2 version, but I got a good 40 hours in and just stopped randomly. I like all the new additions, especially the cool network features. I have a feeling I will be sinking tons of time into this one. Plus, trophies this time!

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1397 on: July 10, 2014, 01:17:54 PM »

I suppose I should post something here since I haven't updated my gaming status in a while.

Playing Wildstar a lot still. Got my main up to level 31 now, currently doing the Bio-Domes on the moon, which is my second favorite area in the game (my favorite is the Squirg swamp). Best part of the Bio-Domes is how perfectly the team managed to blend nature and crazy advanced tech in both visuals and sound design.

Also working through Borderlands 2, Witch and the Hundred Knight, and Dynasty Warriors 8.

Finally, I decided to start playing Valkyrie Crusade (iOS CCG) again for the first time in a year. Falling right back into it and loving the changes that have been made since I last logged in.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1398 on: July 11, 2014, 01:17:03 AM »

ToV - idk the more I play this the more unfinished it feels. I'm guessing it'll eventually get to a point where there's more in the way of like, sidequests and side events or something, but...

TLS - Currently at fireworks. Just dropped off runaway princess with psychotic drunken lesbian. I'm sure she'll be fine. Being able to launch banana peels at any NPC should be a mandatory feature in all games.

SR2 - I just did the race at the little mountain by the university to get some Respect.

Crimzon Clover - I noticed some difference in the enemy patterns between Training mode and... playing it normally. Not sure if there's some sort of rank system going on?

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1399 on: July 11, 2014, 02:57:51 AM »

ToV - idk the more I play this the more unfinished it feels.

Well...
Also, most likely bad news, but you've probably missed a bunch of sidequests already (hopefully not).  Among other things, this game is pretty bitchy about its sidequest time frames.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 03:00:15 AM by Dice » Logged

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1400 on: July 11, 2014, 03:57:47 AM »

Just some Hearthstone recently. I'm doing fairly well for someone who plays with a default priest deck (and forgets what half the classes can do). Some changes on the horizon, and I'm not sure I like where they're going with the microtransactions.

NOW PLAYING:
Final Fantasy XIII: The time has come...
Edna & Harvey: The Breakout: Its...Odd...
One Finger Death Punch: F*ck Yeah! - The game
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1401 on: July 11, 2014, 07:02:28 AM »

Blowing shit up in Dynasty Warriors Gundam Reborn. Was working on getting all of the medals, but the missions requiring specific suits have convinced me to just unlock all the suits first instead.
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1402 on: July 11, 2014, 03:39:13 PM »

I actually got through Tales of Vesperia just fine without doing any sidequests whatsoever (and I don't recall doing a lot of grinding either), so at the very least, they're nowhere near essential.

Blowing shit up in Dynasty Warriors Gundam Reborn. Was working on getting all of the medals, but the missions requiring specific suits have convinced me to just unlock all the suits first instead.

Are you enjoying it? I've been thinking of picking it up, especially since it has Crossbone Gundam (albeit as DLC...).

Also, for some reason I decided to play a League of Legends clone on the iPad. Like, I swear this is just LoL with a few minor tweaks and all the human and monster characters taken out, leaving just the furries. Oh, and I think the F2P model might be more agressive, since you have to unlock all the characters after the first one, which you can do with in-game money, but most of them will take a while unless you go with the "Free" characters, which change randomly every week.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 03:50:31 PM by Mickeymac92 » Logged

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Der Jermeister

The Angry Videogame Fur

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1403 on: July 11, 2014, 05:54:08 PM »

Bravely Default - In Chapter 8 and have had to fight the same bosses before the four crystals over and over during the past few chapters. Thumbs down, for certain, but I'll still beat the game.

Final Fantasy IV: The After Years (iOS) - On Ceodore's Tale, after the airship crashes. The graphics could use some work and the music is recycled or nonexistent, but I'm otherwise having a decent time, and Auto-Battle is definitely a godsend.

Riviera: The Promised Land (PSP) - Beat this this afternoon and had a decent time with the game.

Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World (PS3) - I'm on Chapter 4 I think, and have Regal in my party. Some of the bosses have been tough but I'm having a decent time.

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1404 on: July 11, 2014, 09:53:02 PM »

TLS - HEY YURICK IS THIS YOU?

Also raided Billy Badguy's warehouse.

-- e --

Vesperia - "Only one cube, measuring 14 by 14 by 14 feet, was actually built, with only one working door that could actually support the weight of the actors. The color of the room was changed by sliding panels."

Otherwise, I'm in Capua Torim, which the locals call Torim Harbor. Capua Torim, or Torim Harbor, is the first reasonably-sized city in the game.

(Seriously, did Mike Tidwell translate this?)

Radiant Silvergun - Oooohkay level 4b's boss kind of pisses me off. There doesn't seem to be any particular strategy to it -- just a lot of micrododging.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 12:58:59 AM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

mecharobot

Thunder of the dogs! INDIGNATION

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1405 on: July 12, 2014, 06:49:44 AM »

I'm playing some DWG Reborn too. To put it short, this game is basically a slightly improved version of DWG3. So far I like it, but it still lacks a good original story mode like the first game had. Unlocking suits is a bit grindy, especially with pilots like Char since he has like a billion robots. I kind of feel the game is forcing me to play pilots I don't really want to. Not that Char isn't amazing, but I've already played the shit out most suits and want to get something amazing like Susanowo to main. The custom ost feature is totally amazing, though.
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1406 on: July 12, 2014, 07:53:28 AM »

Are you enjoying it? I've been thinking of picking it up, especially since it has Crossbone Gundam (albeit as DLC...).
Well at this point, I have already finished all the main missions, and just have a bunch of grinding left. I enjoyed story mode and ultimate mode. Mechanically I would say that is the best DWG so far. However the AI for allies is worthless. It is very rare that they will contribute anything of value (oddly they are most effective in levels where you want them to be ineffective so you can grind your kill count). Also found enemy guerilla units to get annoying since 90% of levels have a protect field A requirement and your fields are powerless to them. But still I had fun with the game, I thought the addition of ships/carriers to battles was great and the ability to control mobile armors is awesome.....just be prepared to have to act as a one man army in most stages.
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1407 on: July 12, 2014, 12:40:24 PM »

Started a new play through of Dead Space and decided to do it on a stream. I rarely replay games but this is one of those cases where I knew I'd want to come back to it some time for another run.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 12:43:51 PM by Maxximum » Logged

NOW PLAYING:
Final Fantasy XIII: The time has come...
Edna & Harvey: The Breakout: Its...Odd...
One Finger Death Punch: F*ck Yeah! - The game
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1408 on: July 12, 2014, 04:01:03 PM »

Started Phantasy Star III. God that game aged atrociously...
IV seems to be the first PS to not look atrocious from the look of III (only ever played IV up to now).

I'm following a walkthrough because otherwise, I have zero idea what I need to do.
I do like that the dungeons up to now are fairly short. So it's not that bad to navigate them even with no map.
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1409 on: July 12, 2014, 04:11:04 PM »

Vesperia - "Only one cube, measuring 14 by 14 by 14 feet, was actually built, with only one working door that could actually support the weight of the actors. The color of the room was changed by sliding panels."

Wait. Cube? I love that movie!

(But I think the quote/description fits Xillia better, what with its box canyons and fastfood chain-like Sea Havens
Code:
and party members trying to kill eachother
)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 04:15:09 PM by Tomara » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 153 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: