Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2014, 02:04:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334433 Posts in 13701 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  A Game Journal Reborn
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 150 Print
Author Topic: A Game Journal Reborn  (Read 61831 times)
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1545 on: July 29, 2014, 05:03:07 PM »

I haven't been gaming much at all lately.
I downloaded Rev 60 based on Neal's rec, so we'll see how that goes.

Playing: TWD Season 2, Alan Wake
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
Der Jermeister

The Angry Videogame Fur

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1546 on: July 29, 2014, 05:41:49 PM »

On Edge's Tale in FFIV-2 iOS, working on another ninja's quest.

Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1547 on: July 29, 2014, 07:00:04 PM »

More Bravely Default.  Took out a few more Asterisk holders (Mephilia and Artemia).  Really enjoying it.  I especially love how a few traditional FF classes (i.e. Knight, Thief, and Monk) are true to their roots, but as crazy and versatile as they've ever been.  Aside from FF XIV, which is on another love with its FF Job love. 

Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1548 on: July 29, 2014, 10:37:59 PM »

Trying to try the Love Live game but god, after the initial 50 MB download for the game, it's download after download after download...
I may have to stop before I hit my monthly data cap =/

(I've had to download over 200 MB in the first 5 minutes of playing... the fucking hell?! That said, the quality seems pretty hi. tons of voice and good graphics)
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 10:54:53 PM by Annubis » Logged
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1549 on: July 29, 2014, 10:54:27 PM »

Trying to try the Love Live game but god, after the initial 50 MB download for the game, it's download after download after download...
I may have to stop before I hit my monthly data cap =/

Yeah, there are a lot of subsequent downloads.  But can't you do it on wifi?

Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1550 on: July 29, 2014, 10:56:03 PM »

Not at home. Since my router died last summer, I've kind of been offline on everything but the computer.
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1551 on: July 30, 2014, 12:22:48 AM »

So I recently found out Resident Evil remake and Zero were both on the wii. I have a Wii U so I was happy. I fucking bought them but even though I have no interest in using the wiimote to control the game (I have a gamepad) I still have to pair a wimmote and nunchuck to the system for the menu. FUCK YOU Nintendo. I have some friends that never use their wiis. So I have to borrow them I guess.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1552 on: July 30, 2014, 09:09:44 AM »

Can't you use the classic controller with them?

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1553 on: July 30, 2014, 10:57:06 AM »

Still needs a Wiimote, though. Yeah, you can't use the Gamepad for Wii games, unfortunately. Not even the Wii menu. Maybe someday they'll update it, but I don't see it happening anytime soon...
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 04:59:18 PM by Mickeymac92 » Logged

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1554 on: July 30, 2014, 04:05:04 PM »

Been playing Star Ocean 2 on my PS1 since my newer systems were stolen. I really like this game.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Der Jermeister

The Angry Videogame Fur

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1555 on: July 30, 2014, 06:07:43 PM »

I definitely prefer the PSP version due to a better translation and more tolerable voicework, among other things.

Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1556 on: July 30, 2014, 06:18:49 PM »

I definitely prefer the PSP version due to a better translation and more tolerable voicework, among other things.

Yeah, I would be playing that if my PSP hadnt been stolen too.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Klyde Chroma
Lvl. 7 Fruity Ninja and Dincrest groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1557 on: July 30, 2014, 08:06:46 PM »

Decided to give Kingdom Hearts another chance last night.

Got past the first world and into Alice In Wonderland world....but the game is just not grabbing me.

The music is really good but playing the game just.....makes me cringe.

And I can see why people hate the Gummi ship, although it's not quite as bad as I expected.

KH was such a mixed bag for me. I found the gameplay in some areas horribly addicting, while others were completely grueling. Honestly the music was what shined the most to me as well.

The aesthetic of KH was another plus and while typically great music plus a lovely atmosphere is enough to resonate with me, it just never quite did. I liked it enough to see it through and finish it but I find myself hard pressed to even consider coming back for the sequel, even if it is vastly improved. The cast really sealed the deal for me I think. There just simply wasn't a single character I cared about. Couple that with the fact that I hate cross universe stuff, and am not a disney fan and the good just does not outweigh the bad for me.

Had I got into KH back in the day when it was first released I could REALLY have seen me loving it. But to only experience it now with other offerings on the table... well it just is not quite as tempting.

Been playing Star Ocean 2 on my PS1 since my newer systems were stolen. I really like this game.

Now if I were aiming for a dose of nostalgia, this ^^^^ is precisely where I'd go! In truth I've had a Star Ocean itch for quite some time I may need to scratch in the not so distant future! LoL

Star Ocean 2 stands in my mind as one of the best titles from my childhood that I have a poor recollection of. That makes for an awesome re-experience of a title for me.

Now in my realm...

I just couldn't help myself with the editor in Mod Nation racer. Say hello to Shadow in HD!!

Yea there were some other "Shadows" for download, but they just weren't spot on in my book. Not that mine is spot on either, but AT LEAST it is my own. I know I'm gonna have to make some Secret of Mana characters before I retire as a Modnation creator.

BREATH OF FIRE 4: Making my way to the empire. Secured a the path down the river via a pottery/info exchance so I didn't have to lose my Mutant gene. And lastly, in tried and true Breath of Fire fashion, I love this game but HATE HATE HATE fishing. That is all. Carry on.

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1558 on: July 30, 2014, 08:55:04 PM »

The Last of Us Remastered:

Aside from the technical improvements that were made, the only other genuinely good thing about this version for those who played TLoU a ton already on PS3 is the photo mode.

There's some bullshit going on with the monetization of the multiplayer mode for what I've seen though.
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1559 on: July 30, 2014, 09:44:39 PM »

Still needs a Wiimote, though. Yeah, you can't use the Gamepad for Wii games, unfortunately. Not even the Wii menu. Maybe someday they'll update it, but I don't see it happening anytime soon...

Can I use any of the Wii- U controllers to control wii games. I have the xbox-360 style controller for Wii-U
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 150 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: