Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 22, 2014, 12:00:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
337941 Posts in 13835 Topics by 2212 Members
Latest Member: WhiteWishes
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Game Journals
| | |-+  A Game Journal Reborn
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 168 Print
Author Topic: A Game Journal Reborn  (Read 72156 times)
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1560 on: July 30, 2014, 10:03:29 PM »

Can't you use the classic controller with them?

Still needs a Wiimote, though. Yeah, you can't use the Gamepad for Wii games, unfortunately. Not even the Wii menu. Maybe someday they'll update it, but I don't see it happening anytime soon...

Can I use any of the Wii- U controllers to control wii games. I have the xbox-360 style controller for Wii-U

Sadly no. You'd think it wouldn't be that hard to impliment, but they haven't done it yet. :/

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1561 on: July 30, 2014, 11:28:34 PM »

Been playing Star Ocean 2 on my PS1 since my newer systems were stolen. I really like this game.

I love that game.  Tri-Ace's PSX titles had a TON of atmosphere and I love the feeling I get from that game.  But I'm an addict.

The PSX version made some decent improvements, but nothing really drastic changed.  It cleaned the script up, but it unfortunately made Rena into a 10 year old girl

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1562 on: July 30, 2014, 11:31:21 PM »

Can't you use the classic controller with them?

Still needs a Wiimote, though. Yeah, you can't use the Gamepad for Wii games, unfortunately. Not even the Wii menu. Maybe someday they'll update it, but I don't see it happening anytime soon...

Yeah, sorry, I meant the Gamecube controller and got my terms mixed up.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1563 on: July 30, 2014, 11:44:02 PM »

It cleaned the script up, but it unfortunately made Rena into a 10 year old girl

But but but... Nedians can live a long time... maybe they age really slowly.
(That's the best I can come up with)

Seriously, we all know why they did it.
I'm not a big fan of it but at least they retained the essence of the character as opposed to Celine's redesign in Blue Sphere... I can't ever acknowledge that one.

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1564 on: July 31, 2014, 01:39:50 AM »

It cleaned the script up, but it unfortunately made Rena into a 10 year old girl

But but but... Nedians can live a long time... maybe they age really slowly.
(That's the best I can come up with)

Seriously, we all know why they did it.
I'm not a big fan of it but at least they retained the essence of the character as opposed to Celine's redesign in Blue Sphere... I can't ever acknowledge that one.

Yes, because it was such a downgrade from this.v

Seriously, her own dress is all but giving her a Basic Instinct style upskirt, not to mention her goofy ass floating shower curtain.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1565 on: July 31, 2014, 02:47:46 AM »

Don't forget the period from hell see seems to be having.
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1566 on: July 31, 2014, 03:34:48 AM »

Let's just agree she's a terribly designed character, inside and out (and in concept).

EDIT
Don't forget the period from hell see seems to be having.

omg x)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 11:53:42 AM by Dice » Logged

Klyde Chroma
LVL 12. Obsessive Compulsive Fruity Assassin

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1567 on: July 31, 2014, 05:55:03 AM »

Ok, I'll join the party!!

Here goes...

If Shadow in FF6 was the first character that exponentially increased my appreciation of a game for no other reason than their being it, Dias was undoubtedly my second.

It was growing up with characters like him that shaped me to really measure my games but how much I cared about the cast. To a 13 year old boy who just didn't feel like "Cloud Strife" Dias was a certain brand of awesome that really attracted me. In fact, post Star Ocean 2 I don't think I cut my hair til I was like 17. Yep, I am indeed a weirdo.

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.

Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1568 on: July 31, 2014, 06:24:09 PM »

Just got to the Hollowed Forest in Persona 4. I feel like I'm finally heading toward the finishline, but it is being halted by my final exam for my summer class tomorrow. After I finish up Persona 4, Last of Us Remastered is waiting. Never played this game, so I am stoked.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1569 on: August 01, 2014, 01:03:37 AM »

Last of Us Remastered is waiting. Never played this game, so I am stoked.

Have fun with those bricks and bottles mang! (~‾▿‾)~

Also try the multiplayer for a bit, is not bad.
Der Jermeister

The Angry Videogame Fur

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1570 on: August 01, 2014, 02:28:35 PM »

On Kain's Tale in FF4-2 iOS, and at the point where

Code:
Kain becomes a paladin-type dragoon.

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1571 on: August 01, 2014, 08:29:51 PM »

Tales of the Sky - Just finished the sidequest where Joshua gets all the pussy.

Shining Force 3 - This is... kind of starting to piss me off. The 'ambushes' aren't very fair. In particular, I'm on the map right after Julian takes a bridgey, and once you cross a certain point a bunch of guys spawn in and get to act before /you/ do, meaning you can get a game over without any chance to intervene. Also I sort of think the game is balanced expecting you to die and repeat a few missions to not be underlevelled? MAybe I should not be save stating so much?

shmups - Eschatos came. Debating on whether to get Pink Sweet/Muchi Muchi or Mushihimesama Futanari next. It's weird getting import games that are actually new/sealed and not region locked.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1572 on: August 02, 2014, 02:02:00 AM »

SHADOW HEARTS

= Ebay sale = all three games for $110.  Seperately the first TWO games usually go for that so I folded and got the three... yeah, there was a lot riding on this... (butt fuck it, this has been a pretty dry summer for me and gaming) :S

= Roger-Fucking-Bacon... what a name!!  I'm trying to find a way to be annoyed by it, but I can't.  He's an evil badass, regardless of the dated graphics that kinda "goofy" him up a bit.

= So... are the cutscenes dubbed but the battle voices aren't?  Sometimes?
"I can use some help here.... SORE".

= Ah. Yuri Hyuga.  FUCK YO SWORDS.  Fisting a bat to death is satisfying.  But seriously now... WHO RUNS LIKE THAT???

= Ah Yuri Hyuga... Best way to talk to a damsel that's scared of you is tell her you want to tell her how you want to touch her.

= This artist draws the longest necks and the longest faces ever.

= Ok, so for real.  This game is kinda janky in weird places but absolute quality in others.  But I love the look of everything -- literally, even the kinda [now] crappy CG, pre-rendered graphics, to the models, the unique music, and also the amazing menu screen and item art.  
I'm loving this title if for no other reason than its brilliant combination of real life and fantasy (a sort of strange sub-genre I absolutely adore) and creates a brilliant atmosphere doing so.  It also reminds me a lot of Baten Kaitos with its less than typical battle system, particular zoom-out, and its take on '[dark] boy meets [holy] girl'.

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1573 on: August 02, 2014, 02:25:22 AM »

= Roger-Fucking-Bacon... what a name!!  I'm trying to find a way to be annoyed by it, but I can't.  He's an evil badass, regardless of the dated graphics that kinda "goofy" him up a bit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roger_Bacon

Lutho: Skontupisto - And then Schera was the boy hungry pedophiles.

Eschatos/Crimson Sword/Judgement Sin - The shield makes me think Recca. The two older games are ridiculously smooth -- I wasn't aware that the WSC was on that level. Also I should go watch Ser Flash's review for information on how the scoring in arrange mode for Eschatos work because I don't speak Egypt.

Also @PSP Rena -- She looks weirdly moist, like a blob creature what's pretending to be a human but not quite got it.

Also I need retail therapy because job is shit. Muchi Muchi/Pink Sweets is kind of pricey considering I've heard they're not that great compared to other Cave shmups.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 02:45:18 AM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1574 on: August 02, 2014, 02:41:50 AM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roger_Bacon

Haha oh yeaaah.  Forgot about him actually.  This would actually mark the second time I've been amazed by the name.

[/quote]Also @PSP Rena -- She looks weirdly moist, like a blob creature what's pretending to be a human but not quite got it.

[/quote]

I laughed. x)

I get fed up with that new design, digging her 90s tomboy art like 1,000 times more.  Man I miss 90s anime sometimes.

I also want to add, for how absolutely stunning Opera is in most of her versions... I have trouble getting over her third eye... and how it struggles to be drawn in an anime style.

Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 168 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: