Author Topic: A Game Journal Reborn

Hathen

• View Profile
Re: A Game Journal Reborn
« Reply #8295 on: August 20, 2019, 11:23:49 AM »
The real bait is making Flayn your Dancer. I made her my Dancer my first playthrough and...it didn't go well for me.

Starmongoose

• Forum Moderator
  • Contributing Editor
  • I Mean Bismuth
    • View Profile
« Reply #8296 on: August 20, 2019, 11:36:47 AM »
Oh? Mine was fine, it's got access to magic and Flayn has a great base Charm and with the Dancer growths it gets pretty wacky. I had to focus on her Authority level a lot to give her the good battalions, but when she had them she did great damage.

Penguin Boss Demands You Join Our Discord!

CLICK HERE TO BE TAKEN TO THE RPGFAN DISCORD

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #8297 on: August 20, 2019, 02:02:48 PM »
Oh yeah stat-wise Flaynís a great dancer. Thereís just ways you can get screwed if you make her your dancer. :P

Starmongoose

• Forum Moderator
  • Contributing Editor
  • I Mean Bismuth
    • View Profile
« Reply #8298 on: August 20, 2019, 04:45:29 PM »
OooooOOoo. i gotchu. I went Golden Deer so I was fine. xD

Penguin Boss Demands You Join Our Discord!

CLICK HERE TO BE TAKEN TO THE RPGFAN DISCORD

Rook

• View Profile
« Reply #8299 on: August 26, 2019, 11:39:59 AM »
I made Dorothea my dancer, you can't be that class until new game right?

Gregosa

• View Profile
« Reply #8300 on: September 01, 2019, 02:53:44 PM »
Beat Super Mario Maker 2's story mode this weekend. Loved the creative level design and multiple styles of Mario you can play.Now I'm playing user created levels. Favourite user created levels are definitely New Donk Festival and Super Castlevania Bros.Big toss up between this game and FE Three Houses as my GOTY. One's platforming bliss while the other is a stellar srpg.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2019, 03:02:56 PM by Greganox »

CluelessWonder

• View Profile
« Reply #8301 on: September 04, 2019, 02:15:42 AM »
Itís been a while since I posted.   I canít believe I remember my password.   Anyways, I recently finished AC:Odyssey and really enjoyed playing it.  Kassandra is a great protagonist, which is very important for such a long game.   The bounty/mercenary system was a nice addition that kept me on my toes.  My only quibble was the lack of any meaningful romance.  It was really just random hookups. 

I also started Stardew Valley on my iPad.   I could never get into the Harvest Moon games despite a few attempts, so I thought it would be the same with Stardew.  Boy was I wrong.  Perhaps I like it since it seems more like Rune Factory which I adore.  I tend to try to get the farm stuff out of the way so I can go mining or fishing.  Iím so glad I got the hang of fishing on mobile.  It took awhile but I can actually catch fish now.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief

Frostillicus

• View Profile
« Reply #8302 on: September 04, 2019, 08:46:22 AM »
Wild Arms 3 - I really want to like this game, as I enjoyed the first two (despite their flaws). However, this game is too difficult to be fun for me. The third or fourth dungeon in, you're dealing with multiple (potentially debilitating) status effects, and it's not easy to find/get healing supplies. Usually those are late-game kind of problems. Right now, I'm getting my ass handed to me by the white-robed woman, who one-shot kills Clive, no matter how I try to protect him. Bah. I'll probably try again after a short break. I will admit, perhaps I'm just not trying hard enough, because I've been softened by the likes of Berseria and DQ XI...
I like the game otherwise. The art design is cool, and the music is top notch, as is the case with the first two games.

Watch Dogs 2 - MASSIVE improvement over the first game. Especially the driving aspect. I can easily waste an hour calling gang hits on random people, then calling the cops on those gang members, then calling members from a different gang to fight with the first two groups. I'm enjoying this way more than I ever did GTA V.

Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Hard to say where I'm at progress-wise, but I'm still in a very early part of the game. Got much, much more to go. I gotta say, I wasn't sure about this game at first, but it grew on me quick. It's still very much a Zelda game, just done a bit... differently. I'm enjoying it.

Not sure why I'm still posting here... 
"Movies are better than people. You don't have to smell who you're watching." ~ Baby Cakes

Jimmy

• Wakens the Ferine Strain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8303 on: October 11, 2019, 04:36:35 PM »
I think this may be a better space to record my Langrisser adventures than Discord.

I pulled Sumire from the banner summon! Now all I need is Sakura. I average about two summons x 10 per week, so I should have about four x 10 summons before the banner ends, so hopefully that will be enough. We'll find out.

Now that the story mode for the Sakura Wars crossover is finished, I'm mostly back to the daily grind. I still have some rewards to earn from the crossover, but I'm otherwise finished. I'm currently at level 9-4 in the time rift, and I'm so far enjoying the Langrisser III story line well enough. I'm still stuck on 8-5 elite, but I'm turning my attention to upgrading Luna's equipment next week, so that should give me the edge I need over those blasted vampires and their long-range spells. I don't think I'll have much trouble finishing up the rest of 8-6 and 8-7 after that, which will be nice because then I'll be able to sweep those heart bond seeds I need.

As for the main story, I haven't really bothered with it in a month, so I'm still at chapter 34. Guess I should get back to it now that the Sakura Wars crossover is pretty much over. Gonna need those trinity crystals to get Sakura.

Also started doing joint battles with Hathen. My characters have just made it to the point of being able to withstand level sixty NPCs, so Hathen has mostly carried me in the joint battles so far, but I do make the occasional contribution.

In other news: I'm no longer playing Overwatch solo. It was fun for a long time, but I finally grew tired of it. I'm still down to play if any of my friends want to play with me, but not going to do it by myself otherwise. This should leave me with some time to get back to Valkyria Chronicles 4, which I have barely touched since February.

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8304 on: October 14, 2019, 09:13:45 AM »
Pretty much wrapped up another playthrough of Trials of Mana today. Only the final boss left. What isn't left though is the Black Rabite, as I finally got around to icing it. I went and looked up RPGFan's Twitch playthrough of the game and was saddened by the fact that Scott went with the Riesz/Hawkeye route instead of Duran/Angela. I wanted to see how he fared against the beast.
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Jimmy

• Wakens the Ferine Strain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8305 on: October 21, 2019, 06:35:46 PM »
I finished getting all the rewards from the Sakura Wars crossover event in Langrisser mobile. I also managed to pull Sakura during my summons, but unfortunately wasn't able to snag Bernhardt from that banner as it took all the summons I had just to get Sakura. Oh well. Bernhardt will come around again, or I'll get him some other way. I'm pretty happy I was able to snag all three Sakura Wars characters from the crossover as I like them and they're abilities a lot.

I just need to finish up Sakura's Gate of Fate levels and then I'll have finished the Gates of Fate for all the characters I have (I'm only lacking the aforementioned Bernhardt and Sigma). That means that a major source of trinity crystals will be exhausted and I'll need to start making actual progress in the Time Rift and story mode in order to keep those trinity crystals incoming. Fortunately, it's not like I have to summon any characters for the foreseeable future, so at least I won't have to worry about that for a while.

And I did make some progress in the Time Rift. I finished up 8-1 to 8-7 elite mode, so I now have access to all the Heart Bond seeds. I reconsidered my strategy for getting through 8-5 elite, which had me stuck, and was able to get through it without even upgrading Luna's equipment all the way. 8-6 and 8-7 elite fell pretty quickly after that. I made it level 9-6 in normal mode, but am currently stuck as I figure out a strategy for getting through this one. I really dislike gimmick battles, so yeah, not really a fan here.

And I haven't made any progress in the main story. I'll turn my attention that way tomorrow probably.

Gregosa

• View Profile
« Reply #8306 on: November 11, 2019, 10:32:10 PM »
Haven't posted in a while. Time to share what I've been playing this long weekend.

Played through Pokemon Sun recently. Picked Popplio as my starter this run. Had a blast  revisiting the region of Alola.

Back at it in Super Mario Maker 2. Aiming for the clear 500 courses achievement.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2019, 10:35:39 PM by Gregosa »

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8307 on: November 13, 2019, 10:05:31 AM »
Almost done with Collection of Mana for now. Finished up Adventure awhile ago and am nearing the end of Secret now (Pure Land Griffin Helm grinding, oh boy).

Also slogged my way through the Arcade version of Phelios. Was not worth it though. Old school Namco Arcade games are the horseshit.
Nothing like slogging your way through a stretch of level filled with enemies that take several charged shots to kill, that lob massive, fast moving, shot blocking, indestructible projectiles at you; while dozens of large, fast, erratic moving, projectile spewing bats (that also take more than a fully charged shot to kill), fill the rest of the screen with damage and junk; and that's all before you reach the end of the section where you're suddenly facing off against a wall of hot, unavoidable death, on top of all of the above.
Or the final level that's massively tedious, filled with instant death traps, two stretches that have the usual bullshit near the end, a missable plot important weapon, and absolutely zero checkpoints prior to the final boss fight (due to the aforementioned missable plot weapon).
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Rook

• View Profile
« Reply #8308 on: November 16, 2019, 08:01:12 PM »
Playing Trails of CS 3. Just completed the field trip for day 1 of the Chapter 2 of Trails 3.  Which so far was the absolute best scene of the series. I feel the same way about LoH that I do about Takahashi's Xeno games, anytime one is released,  its going to be at least a 9/10.

Gregosa

• View Profile
« Reply #8309 on: November 16, 2019, 10:58:55 PM »
Started Fantasy Life this week. Pretty addictive game despite its simplicity. Went with mercenary life for my first playthrough.