Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 25, 2014, 07:35:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338342 Posts in 13850 Topics by 2215 Members
Latest Member: RPGtourguide
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Akiba's Trip 2
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Akiba's Trip 2  (Read 2839 times)
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2014, 09:14:26 PM »

Wouldn't the fact that there's not a ton coming out for PS4 make the ones that are coming out more valuable?

True, but it depends on exactly how sparse the releases are. There's only one JRPG coming this year for PS4, the strategy game I can't remember the name of, and I believe NISA grabbed it. So what is XSeed supposed to do? Release nothing because there's no games?

No, you go back and look at PS3 stuff that might sell and release that instead.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2014, 09:44:38 PM »

I don't even know what you're arguing anymore.  You seem to be saying that  Xseed can't release PS4 games since there are no PS4 games for them to release...in the context of discussing a PS4 game they could release.

Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2014, 10:48:45 AM »

Apparently the game will have MAN-service.  And all of a sudden, despite whatever mediocre to luke-warm reviews, I have interest in a weirdo title like this.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2014, 03:34:06 PM »

Release date August 12.  They also confirmed that they will be releasing the PS4 version later on.

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2014, 08:10:46 PM »

I don't even know what you're arguing anymore.  You seem to be saying that  Xseed can't release PS4 games since there are no PS4 games for them to release...in the context of discussing a PS4 game they could release.

I'm saying there's a big selection of PS3/360 games that have been left unpublished and much like last gen saw a bunch of niche releases at the end of its life - much like the PSP had, we will probably see the same thing happen again on PS3.

I'm not saying they "can't" publish on PS4, I'm saying they'll probably take advantage of the built in PS3 market.

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2014, 09:01:23 PM »

Are you really dredging up this argument after they announced that they're doing the PS4 version?

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2014, 09:24:09 PM »

You're the one who keeps turning this into an argument, not me.

I don't know why you have such a bug up your ass about it.

You seem to think once XSeed starts publishing on PS4, they are legally forbidden from publishing on any past platforms.

Let's look at a different example.

Atlus put out Catherine in 2011.

Then they put out Devil Survivor 2 on the DS, even though the 3DS was already out.

They still published on past platforms.

What is so difficult to grasp about this?

« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 09:30:43 PM by Lard » Logged

CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2014, 01:44:41 AM »

Is nobody playing this?  I finished the game recently and had so much fun, I actually did the new game plus and beat the game several times to see all the endings.  I have to say that Shion's route was the most interesting.  Rin was my least favorite girl.  I guess I'm not into females being tsundere.  I kinda rolled my eyes at first at al the stripping but it won me over since with was more funny than pervy.  Plus I was able to customize my clothing down to my underwear!  I'm such a clothes hound. 

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2014, 02:53:37 AM »

Well, I played it in Japanese.  Didn't really like it enough to double-dip, though.  Storywise it's cheesy fun, but I found the actual combat to be pretty un-fun.  Stiff and clunky.

CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2014, 03:16:26 AM »

I found the weapon choice dictated how fun or clunky the battles were.  I chose one weapon due to the damage but it was really hard to fight with.  My character kept doing long ass combos, leaving him open to attack.  Once I got the crimson sword, combat became fun.  The water pistols weren't bad either.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: