Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2014, 04:15:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331877 Posts in 13590 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The hardest game you ever beat.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: The hardest game you ever beat.  (Read 1971 times)
Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2014, 12:13:45 PM »

Castlevania on NES, Castlevania Dracula X on SNES, Rondo of Blood, Super Castlevania 4 -> Pick one, they are all extremely difficult.
The hardest thing ever for me tho was Lightning Returns final boss, I was massively underequipped tho, I basically had the default equips you always get from story segments and didnt do any of the challenges in the final dungeon.

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2014, 03:52:08 PM »

Castlevania on NES, Castlevania Dracula X on SNES, Rondo of Blood, Super Castlevania 4 -> Pick one, they are all extremely difficult.
The hardest thing ever for me tho was Lightning Returns final boss, I was massively underequipped tho, I basically had the default equips you always get from story segments and didnt do any of the challenges in the final dungeon.

The reward for finishing those trials (which weren't too difficult, actually) is Ultima Weapon, which is just an upgraded version of the beginning sword, but it gives you +2500 Strength/Magic. I had that thing equipped and I still felt like the final boss was a bit too much.

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Galactic

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2014, 04:49:12 PM »

7th Saga, SNES.

^_-;

Too Galactic for you.

^_-;
Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2014, 04:57:58 PM »

The reward for finishing those trials (which weren't too difficult, actually) is Ultima Weapon, which is just an upgraded version of the beginning sword, but it gives you +2500 Strength/Magic. I had that thing equipped and I still felt like the final boss was a bit too much.

HOLY SHIT, I had around 1500 Strength and 1400 Magic on average with all garbs, with weapons and accessories equipped.. If I had that kind of damage on my Solider of Peace, the boss would have been much easier.

Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2014, 05:09:58 PM »

I've beaten all four of those except for TG Rondo (only beat PSP version), and I thought that Dracula X was the hardest by FAR.  It's also the worst of those four, although I'm mostly giving a pass to OG Castlevania 1 for being the first in the series. 

Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2014, 05:15:36 PM »

I've beaten all four of those except for TG Rondo (only beat PSP version), and I thought that Dracula X was the hardest by FAR.  It's also the worst of those four, although I'm mostly giving a pass to OG Castlevania 1 for being the first in the series. 

TG Rondo and PSP Rondo are the same game with different graphics, bit by bit they are exactly the same level wise.
Dracula X has somewhat cheap and unfair level designs at times, I agree that it's the weakest of the four but I still think it's massively awesome.

Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2014, 05:21:05 PM »

It took me around 2 hours to beat the last boss of Terranigma.
I was so under-leveled, I was doing 1 damage per attack (with any spear, so I just switched to the starter spear for the slow HP regen)

I'm not listing that as the hardest because the boss' pattern is stupidly easy. Granted I had to play it very safe so I wouldn't get hit - giving me about 2-5 damage per exchange.
Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2014, 05:25:26 PM »

TG Rondo and PSP Rondo are the same game with different graphics, bit by bit they are exactly the same level wise.
Dracula X has somewhat cheap and unfair level designs at times, I agree that it's the weakest of the four but I still think it's massively awesome.

Massively awesome!?  I think it's the worst Castlevania game I've ever played.  By a significant margin.  Rondo and Super IV are massively awesome.  Castlevania 1 is a classic that has aged okay, and Dracula X isn't very good at all.  But whatever.  For awhile there I tried to beat basically every Cv I possibly could.  And I sure played a bunch. 

Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2014, 05:41:37 PM »

Massively awesome!?  I think it's the worst Castlevania game I've ever played.  By a significant margin.  Rondo and Super IV are massively awesome.  Castlevania 1 is a classic that has aged okay, and Dracula X isn't very good at all.  But whatever.  For awhile there I tried to beat basically every Cv I possibly could.  And I sure played a bunch. 

I guess we just have different opinions, I really enjoyed the boss fights in Dracula X, easily the best aspect gameplay wise, they felt challenging but fair and they were massively rewarding. The level design was hit or miss but when it was good, it was damn good. And dat soundtrack... It's basically the same OST as rondo of blood but I love the SNES arrangements of them.

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2014, 07:27:13 PM »

It took me around 2 hours to beat the last boss of Terranigma.
I was so under-leveled, I was doing 1 damage per attack (with any spear, so I just switched to the starter spear for the slow HP regen)

I'm not listing that as the hardest because the boss' pattern is stupidly easy. Granted I had to play it very safe so I wouldn't get hit - giving me about 2-5 damage per exchange.

Hopefully you weren't using the Block Spear before switching back to the Crystal Spear, because the Block Spear purposefully nukes your attack in favor of buffing your defense (it was a mistake I made on that three legged robot boss at the end of chapter 3).

That said, Demon's Crest has probably one of the hardest final boss fights going, and beating Megaman Zero on Hard without using any Cyber Elves was the hardest game for me.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2014, 07:35:21 PM »

Some Professor Layton puzzles can suck butt.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2014, 07:41:28 PM »

Some Professor Layton puzzles can suck butt.

The last bonus puzzle is always, "Now for something pretty much impossible"
Never did solve the one for Unwound Future.

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Feena

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2014, 11:00:39 AM »

I think I got stuck at the last boss rather than actually finishing it, but Snake Rattle'n'Roll was one hell of a hard game. We actually broke a NES controller's cross from playing it, and we didn't even own the game!
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2014, 12:32:09 PM »

Contra, without the Konami code.  I did it once, but I doubt I could get past the third stage these days.

Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2014, 02:20:02 PM »

A few that come to mind:

Battletoads
The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall (hard because it crashed so bloody often)
Saga Frontier w/ all 7 characters (among them, Lute was the hardest, because you had to judge for yourself when you were ready, the game had no plot outside of "hey, ready for the final dungeon?!")

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: