Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2014, 06:39:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334755 Posts in 13709 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  2014 Kickstarter, Steam Greenlight, etc. thread. What's piqued your interest?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: 2014 Kickstarter, Steam Greenlight, etc. thread. What's piqued your interest?  (Read 3473 times)
Carter83

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2014, 04:06:42 PM »

Doom & Destiny looks really hllarious: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=93788887
Plus, I am glad that Aldorlea's Millennium made it to Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=92968395
King_Tetiro
Grandpa Pixel

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2014, 04:31:04 AM »

Legena by Grandpa Pixel http://www.grandpapixel.com/legena.html This one hasn't hit Kickstarter yet, but I did have a chance to try out a really brief demo.  Yes, the game looks very retro, but it plays fairly modern.  I had more fun with it than I thought I would and I liked the music. 

I am very humble that my JRPG series has made it to your list. It's great to see my hard work get a seal of approval! :D Btw I was thinking of bringing the Legena demo to this forum. Where might I post it? :)

On topic, I think for me there is only one I want to succeed. Funny thing is that it already made it. But it shows its potential.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ekuatorgames/celestian-tales-old-north-redefining-the-classic-r

I will be saving my pennies to pledge for the entire series.
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2014, 05:41:21 PM »

You could always share it here in this thread if you want. 

And it looks like Dragon Fin Soup's on Kickstarter now: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/grimmbros/dragon-fin-soup

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
King_Tetiro
Grandpa Pixel

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2014, 05:55:14 PM »

And it looks like Dragon Fin Soup's on Kickstarter now: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/grimmbros/dragon-fin-soup

I think it might be ideal to give my game its own topic so all feedback can be posted there. Does the Single-Player RPGs section seem suitable for the topic?

Oh wow! I'll check the KickStarter out!
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2014, 07:50:40 PM »

Sure thing.

daved

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2014, 11:35:22 PM »

I decided to back it because I just love the art, the music, and Grimm Fairy Tales of course.  Still confused about the combat system.  They mention turn-based gameplay but also refer to it as an action RPG which I have always associated with real-time combat.  And the KS page says "set your own pace of progression.  Choose to speed-up to quickly move and strike or slow-down to carefully plan your next move"... so perhaps it's real-time w/ pause with the option to set it to auto pause when it's your character's turn, sort of like Baldur's Gate.  Anyway, they seem to be doing quite well so far, but I hope they can keep up the momentum.  A few  of the games I've backed like Subterranea had a great first day but then just sort of stalled. 
daved

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2014, 03:16:51 PM »

A few more interesting indie RPGs have recent launched on Kickstarter:

Serpent in the Staglands an old school RTwP cRPG in the style of Baldur's Gate and Darklands. 

Prisonscape - an RPG / adventure game where you take on the role of a new inmate in prison. 
mrchoppy

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2014, 05:14:09 PM »

Ive got my eye on the Chaos Reborn kickstarter at the minute.   I loved the original game back in 1985, it was an awesome hotseat multiplayer turn based strategy.  This remake looks like its gonna have the classic turn based battles with more single player Rpg elements so a bit like a hybrid Strategy RPG.  The creator Julian Gollop has made some of my favourite games over the years (Chaos, Rebelstar, Laser Squad, the Original XCOM, Ghost Recon Shadow Wars on the 3DS) so I'm super confident when he finishes it will be worth the wait.

Klyde Chroma
Lvl. 7 Fruity Ninja and Dincrest groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2014, 06:41:21 PM »

Prisonscape - an RPG / adventure game where you take on the role of a new inmate in prison. 

I don't know what even say about this. For me personally, RPG's are really about immersing myself in a story/role I WANT to be involved in. Sometimes it is because I want to be the hero, sometimes the villain, occasionally an angsty teen with cool hair who gets to simultaneously save the world while looking all the cooler slaying everything from aliens to monsters.... heck, occasionally I may even want to get my hands dirty with some political matters and overthrow an empire or two while I'm at. Other days, I want to frolic through an enchanted forest with a fairy or two. Though seldom in my case, I have been known to fancy hopping in a giant robot or ship doing some interplanetary exploration when the mood strikes.

Never can I say, have I relished the idea of assuming the role of an inmate. I'm not saying this game doesn't have potential. I will certainly give it points for trying something I have not quite seen before.... But this is the type of thing I could see working as an action title or some AAA Rockstar game. As a retro 16bit styled RPG I think this would just make me feel real depressed.

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2014, 07:02:28 PM »

I know people who are nuts about prison break movies.  I feel like people into that genre of film would dig that game.  I can honestly say that I'm not big into prison break movies. 

And, at the very least, that pony ren'ai wasn't funded.  Page says "funding cancelled." 

Looks like Meridian Shard and Dragon Fin Soup were successfully funded.  Echoes of Eternea's piqued my interest as well (it was already funded.)  And it looks like Graywalkers Purgatory is relaunching its kickstarter later this month.  That game looked interesting. 

Klyde Chroma
Lvl. 7 Fruity Ninja and Dincrest groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2014, 09:12:19 PM »

I know people who are nuts about prison break movies.  I feel like people into that genre of film would dig that game.  I can honestly say that I'm not big into prison break movies. 

That is sort of what I was getting at. I acknowledge a demographic exists that enjoys an adrenaline filled script within a jail house setting. I just feel that demographic and fans of 16bit retro JRPGs (which the kickstarter mentioned the game was visually influenced by) are opposite ends of the spectrum.

Then again I must admit my bias here. I was quite the delinquent when I was younger. I spent time in jail. It was the absolute worst experience of my life. I won't watch a prison movie. I don't even like driving by a jail. I think the whole event traumatized me in some sense to be honest.

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2014, 09:26:32 PM »

Those are ponies, not bronies. I declare false advertisement! I demand a game where I can date pony-obsessed men!

...anyways, Earthlock needs less than $500 to get funded but has less than 2 days left to go: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/171497873/earthlock-festival-of-magic

EDIT: Huh, and it was just funded. Neat.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 09:45:46 PM by Mickeymac92 » Logged

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2014, 11:37:47 PM »

Re:

You can have non-square coastlines in RPG Maker games, people.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2014, 09:35:16 PM »

Echoes of Eternea started off as an RPGM game, but eventually graduated to its own engine (the battle engine is not RPGM stock.)  But, yeah, the square coastlines are definitely an RPGM trapping.  I dig the music in the battle video, though.

Aside:

If you click the red YouTube button on the Dragon Fin Soup page, the devs' YouTube channel shows a long video of battles.  

http://dragonfinsoup.com/gameinfo.html

It looks like an SRPG, except that player and enemy turns happen simultaneously.  So it's like "active time SRPG."
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 09:41:51 PM by Dincrest » Logged

siveon

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2014, 03:18:20 PM »

It looks like an SRPG, except that player and enemy turns happen simultaneously.  So it's like "active time SRPG."

Doesn't really look like an SRPG to me. Looks more like a rogue-like. "Tactical Action RPG" sounds like a nicer definition. Sounds like a mix of turn-based gameplay and Action RPG's.Which I would definitely love.

The Kickstarter page is a bit confusing though. It's not SNES styled, nor (in the trailer) is it 2D. Odd.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: