Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 29, 2014, 12:11:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338779 Posts in 13866 Topics by 2217 Members
Latest Member: milz
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  The Helper Monkey
| | |-+  PS Vita 2000 vs. Original Model
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: PS Vita 2000 vs. Original Model  (Read 639 times)
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« on: March 10, 2014, 06:00:45 PM »

Posted this on Facebook, but I wanted the insights of my fellow RPG gamers on here too. Was considering buying a Vita to play FFX/X-2 on the go when I'm not at home (and finally play Persona 4 Golden among others).

Having a debate amongst myself and wondered what other people thought. Should I wait for the new PS Vita 2000 Slim model or get the current one? The change from the OLED screen to a LCD screen seems to be have sparked quite a controversy, but the added battery life because of the switch seems nice. I've never actually played a Vita though to know whether I would rather have the nicer screen or better battery life (or if the screen difference is really that drastic enough to matter). The internal memory for the slim model is nice too, although I can purchase as many memory cards as needed for either model. Not an issue.

Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2014, 12:42:55 PM »

OG VITA:

PROS - Higher image quality. especially colour wise with the OLED(Mind you, the LCD screen still looks excellent)
        - Higher quality build.

VITA 2000

PROS - LCD screens have a much longer lifespan(more than twice the OLED's lifespan)
          Internal memory
          Longer battery life

The difference between OLED and LCD is not super significant but it's noticeable, the main thing is that OLED has more vibrant and defined colours, it's currently the best technology in displays but it's also not super durable. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OLED

"The biggest technical problem for OLEDs was the limited lifetime of the organic materials. One 2008 technical report on an OLED TV panel found that "After 1,000 hours the blue luminance degraded by 12%, the red by 7% and the green by 8%."[66] In particular, blue OLEDs historically have had a lifetime of around 14,000 hours to half original brightness (five years at 8 hours a day) when used for flat-panel displays. This is lower than the typical lifetime of LCD, LED or PDP technology. Each currently is rated for about 25,000–40,000 hours to half brightness, depending on manufacturer and model."
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 12:46:49 PM by Holykael1 » Logged

Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2014, 02:40:16 PM »

Thanks for the info. Many people on FB said to get the original. I think I'm going to go with that.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: