Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2014, 06:45:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334756 Posts in 13709 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  [KICKSTARTING!][Demo][Age 15+] Legena: Union Tides
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: [KICKSTARTING!][Demo][Age 15+] Legena: Union Tides  (Read 1200 times)
King_Tetiro
Grandpa Pixel

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« on: March 13, 2014, 03:38:55 AM »

Please Show Your Support To Our KickStarter!

Click here to see the screenshot gallery

Description

Legena: noun: A legend that spans an era: the legend of the Narrator

Have you seen the red sky? And the green lightning? Rumour has it that whenever the sky turns red and the land is struck by green, the Narrator appears. A time traveller I hear. You best be a good boy. You best be a good girl. Otherwise the legena will come true. The Narrator will get you.

Legena: Union Tides is a turn-based role playing game for currently Windows, Android, GameStick and OUYA (other platforms pending). Take the role of Tetiro Aceus and Atesan Turwin to explore the open seas, stop the pirate lords and discover the other side of the Legena universe. And how their roles turn the gears of a legena that spans countless eras.

Legena features a traditional JRPG combat system with a dynamic turn system, a variety of exciting characters, threatening villains and unique dungeons, along with new features including the weather which effects the battles, feathers that equip heroes with a variety of skills and a morale feature that rewards moral choices. And for those wanting a challenge, the difficulty grid waits to allow anyone from beginners to pros to play the game. Choose your difficulty and power on through!

History

Legena is being developed by a group of three people. There is Greg who does our sound effects, SkittleGirl Sound who has provided our entire 16-Bit soundtrack and me, the programmer, artist and designer.

Legena started out as a 8-Bit inspired prototype which I developed during university for Android. A few years later I decided to return to the series knowing I could have done better. And thus the Legena series was reborn as a trilogy. While the prototype was developed using Game Maker 8, I have decided to use Game Maker Studio as it will allow me to port the series to the GameStick, Android, OUYA and many other platforms!

Characters

Over the course of the game, you will control a variety of characters. Each with a story. And each with a past.

Tetiro Aceus : The king of Orenna. Living a sheltered life with his father, it took leaving his country to see the world in a new way and to bring Orenna into a new golden era. He is now travelling to Dynol and Vesira to bring peace in the name of Orenna. However he is obsessed with the Narrator. Meeting him during his rise to power, he pursues the Narrator frantically to take him down. He is becoming a lot like his father.

Atesan Turwin : The king's advisor. During the reign of King Uritan, Atesan led a rough life being hunted like an animal. He was an outcast. Suffering years of torture, punishment and humiliation, Atesan became distant with other people. He rarely trusts people and originally despised Tetiro Aceus. Over the last few years, the scars Atesan gained have started to heal. With the mental scars disappearing, he now wears the physical scars with pride.

Nathaar Curi : One of the Pirate Lords. Being stranded at Marin Port, Nathaar and his best mate Martic planned to steal a ship and sail to Dynol to get revenge on the man who stole their ship. Cocky, arrogant and ruthless, he doesn't seem the type to take pity on people. Especially those who are far weaker than him. There may be more to him than meets the eye. Very few pirates in Dynol have a sense of kindness in them.

Martic Razmi : Nathaar's best mate. Being his second in command, Nathaar trusts Martic and seeks his guidance in their plunders and crimes. With his quick wit and his channel cannons, there is no situation that Martic can't get out of. He keeps his cool and powers through. Though with his wit and calm personality comes a gleam in his eye. He has a plan to make Nathaar and himself the greatest duo of pirates the world has ever seen.

Malina Petafin : An old friend of Tetiro Aceus and Atesan Turwin. After helping them on their adventure to overthrow King Uritan, Malina has now set out to Dynol to find new adventures with guarantees from a source that there is a crime lord worthy of a huge bounty. And with her obsession for being a heroine, she set out to the land of Dynol to make a heroine of herself. But she finds more than she can take.

Lenaki : Not much is known about Lenaki. In fact, she doesn't know much about herself. Waking up at the Red Shore, she has a lot to work out. Why is she different? Why is she a toy reptile? Perhaps she will be enlightened by these answers. Or perhaps ignorance is bliss.

Downloads

Below is the demo of the game. You have access to everything up until the first boss. The demo is still in progress as a good number of the sound effects aren't implemented yet. And please note it is intended to be a 15+ game. So please respect the age rating.

Demo (Psst. F1 turns it fullscreen)

Please show your support!

Happy Gaming! Please check us out on Twitter (@Grandpa_Pixel) or Facebook (Grandpa Pixel)

« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 12:57:20 PM by King_Tetiro » Logged
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2014, 06:44:04 PM »

I had fun with the demo.  Still a work in progress, but I like where it's going.  Storyline and characters seem solid, I dug the music, battles were engaging, and I liked the creativity in establishing races of unique beings that haven't been seen in fantasy.  It's part of the retro trend, but not getting on the "lol elves" bandwagon.  It looks like an 8-bit RPG but has modern sensibilities. 

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
King_Tetiro
Grandpa Pixel

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2014, 04:15:11 AM »

I had fun with the demo.  Still a work in progress, but I like where it's going.  Storyline and characters seem solid, I dug the music, battles were engaging, and I liked the creativity in establishing races of unique beings that haven't been seen in fantasy.  It's part of the retro trend, but not getting on the "lol elves" bandwagon.  It looks like an 8-bit RPG but has modern sensibilities. 

Soooo glad you said that! When I started developing RPGs, I told myself I would defy the standards in RPGs and come up with new and interesting ideas.

And I was more aiming for 16-Bit. But 8-bit works too! :P
King_Tetiro
Grandpa Pixel

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2014, 03:51:47 PM »

Hey guys, it's been a busy week for me! At least on a personal case. I've been working on more areas. I have already tiled the next dungeon! And even started on the third dungeon. Progress is going great!

In other news, I am getting closer to the KickStarter campaign. All but 1 sound effect is done and implemented and I have found a concept artist that matched my expectations! After this, all that remains is to gather the money :P

I hope that we'll see the KickStarter next month!
King_Tetiro
Grandpa Pixel

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2014, 05:10:13 AM »

Hey guys!

It's been nearly a month since the last demo update. What have I been doing? Well a lot of things. Personal, Work-Related and Game Development. Getting very close to the KickStarter too. I updated the demo today! Thanks to a helpful member from RPGamer (Rya), I was pointed to potential pitfalls in the game and have rectified them. And as a whole, it has made the experience better!

-Grammer and Textbox fixes
-Better NPC destroying. They now fade away
-NPC interaction requires you to face them
-Save Screen adjustment
-Mass Overhaul of Item Menus
-Debug Items removed
-Choices will now make more sense
-Game Balancing. Now you get a tougher challenge
-And more!

So what's left before the KickStarter? 2 pieces of Concept Art. That's it. After that, a domino effect will occur and by the end of that week, the campaign will be submitted. I hope it goes well. I have a lot of stories to tell.

So this is it. The last stretch before the campaign. Hit me with all you got! As this will be the last time before the campaign.
King_Tetiro
Grandpa Pixel

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2014, 02:29:41 PM »

Hey everyone!

I am happy to announce the KickStarter has gone live!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/971843557/legena-union-tides

Please show your support! We're trying to raise 5,000 to make the game as awesome as we can!

Spread the word! And help us make this a great game!
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2014, 09:53:46 PM »

Can I still play this if I'm 14 or do I need my mom's permission?
trexrell
Kelt Warrior

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2014, 06:00:29 PM »

I took a real quick look at your game. It feels really well made. Everything so far is tight. I understand why you made the character able to walk over npcs. That to me feels a little weird. Overall my first impression is pretty good. I will take another look at it when I have the time. You should definitely send Indiegames.com an email.

King_Tetiro
Grandpa Pixel

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2014, 03:34:08 AM »

Can I still play this if I'm 14 or do I need my mom's permission?

The age rating is advised. When we designed this project, we wanted to bring darker and more mature themes into the world. Hence the rating.

I took a real quick look at your game. It feels really well made. Everything so far is tight. I understand why you made the character able to walk over npcs. That to me feels a little weird. Overall my first impression is pretty good. I will take another look at it when I have the time. You should definitely send Indiegames.com an email.

Thank you very much! IndieGames already did a preview on our title. I must get back in contact with them.

So our KickStarter failed. Big whoop! We aren't done yet. We finished our graphics upgrade and now we are coming back fighting! A graphics upgrade, lower KickStarter target, the possibility of bring Legena to Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo and a release date, we are not going down easily!

Check out the updated demo and behold the might of our new graphics!
King_Tetiro
Grandpa Pixel

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2014, 12:56:53 PM »

Hey guys! It has been a while. I have been hard at work on Legena and we have just launched our new KickStarter! We are now focusing on finishing Legena's amazing soundtrack!

CLICK HERE! SHOW YOUR SUPPORT!

I hope we can make it! The graphics upgrade has made Legena look amazing and I would hate to see it go to waste :)
King_Tetiro
Grandpa Pixel

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2014, 05:38:26 PM »

Wow. Just in a single week, we have raised over 60% of our target! That is insane! Thank you so much! Keep it going! :D
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: